Hotel Website Goes Live on February 6th at Noon (and FAQ)

Started by M, January 21, 2012, 11:32:08 PM

Alexie828

Oh man...Monday at noon? Ick. Ok. I'll try my best. ^^ Thanks for the update!

sayonararollingstar

Quote from: MPLe on February 02, 2012, 07:05:27 PM
Quote from: sayonararollingstar on February 02, 2012, 07:04:07 PM
Oh, man. I have a six hour class on friday and I might not be able to book at noon. Just wondering, how fast do the Hilton or Marriott sell out within the first hours or so? I hope they don't sell out as fast as the artist alley tables did. :C
I don't actually have that detailed stats, but I will hope that everyone that wants a Hilton room gets one (this might be impossible).

It's okay, no worries! For some reason I thought the 6th was on Friday but it's Monday, haha. I don't have noon classes on Monday so I can safely book a room without worry. C: Thank you, though!

venus_ivy

Also, keep in mind that if you aren't able to get the exact hotel or room type that you want on the first try, get on the waitlist! The housing staff is great at trying to fulfill all waitlist requests should it be possible.
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Teca

There was some talking that there might be some suites available at the Hilton; any word on this yet? Even if they aren't at a discounted rate, are all the suites taken for staff?

Thanks!

venus_ivy

Quote from: Teca on February 02, 2012, 08:25:50 PM
There was some talking that there might be some suites available at the Hilton; any word on this yet? Even if they aren't at a discounted rate, are all the suites taken for staff?

Suites at the Hilton are not being offered for this year - my apologies!
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Dragon Ninja

Noon?! Damn it!!! I'll be at work and won't be able to pre-reg at that time.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

BenihimeSama

Quote from: sayonararollingstar on February 02, 2012, 07:04:07 PM
Oh, man. I have a six hour class on friday and I might not be able to book at noon. Just wondering, how fast do the Hilton or Marriott sell out within the first hours or so? I hope they don't sell out as fast as the artist alley tables did. :C

Those two go really fast especially since they are the ones that are connected to the convention center. But a lot of the surrounding ones go a little slower. I'm more terrified that we are going to break the RSVP system on day one.

Oh BTW: There's nothing in the rules that say that you can't RSVP through your phones if you have internet, just make sure you have a CC either in memory on on hand to RSVP and you are done!
Venus Benihime-Sama
Panelist Since 2008
Panels Staff Member since 2010
Proud member of Rena's Rangers! 

Owner of The Geeky Manifestos Blog
Just admit it: Otakus just do it better.

Nina Star 9

Darn, I have class at that time, and won't be able to get on until after midnight. :< I hope I can get a room at the Hilton! I wouldn't be heartbroken if I had to stay in the Mariott, though, as long as I'm in one of the two connected hotels, since that's quite important to me (though the Hilton is certainly my prefrence!). I just hope it doesn't all fill up in those 12 hours and I'm stuck at the Fairmont (which I am -never- staying in again!).

obliviousedward

Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

SugarB

Quote from: venus_ivy on February 02, 2012, 08:41:32 PM
Quote from: Teca on February 02, 2012, 08:25:50 PM

Suites at the Hilton are not being offered for this year - my apologies!
Damn, really? D: Not even the smaller suites, like the Hospitality? :(

What about suites at the Marriot?
Now you have a sudden HUNCH you're alone in the WORLD.
All alone with THINKS and HUNCHES all colored and curled!

M

Quote from: SugarB on February 03, 2012, 12:23:40 AMDamn, really? D: Not even the smaller suites, like the Hospitality? :(

We will have some suites available at the Marriott.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

SugarB

Quote from: MPLe on February 03, 2012, 12:33:36 AM
Quote from: SugarB on February 03, 2012, 12:23:40 AMDamn, really? D: Not even the smaller suites, like the Hospitality? :(

We will have some suites available at the Marriott.
ooo~ Kay :D thanks so much~~!
Now you have a sudden HUNCH you're alone in the WORLD.
All alone with THINKS and HUNCHES all colored and curled!

Mr Lex

Oh crap, Monday?

I can't be the only one considering skipping school for this...

Dany

2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

mariotheotaku

I don't get out of class until 2:30pm(Texas) (12:30 California time) College wifi and iPhone, don't fail me now.

CommandantCat

I'm just hopeful that I can get to the computer in time, or a room mate. Trying to fit 4+ people in a room with only a king would be a nightmare.

fingers crossed!

(and hopefully good rates!)
COMMANDANT CAT
----
Cosplay, Art, and Costuming
=
Kuroshitsuji - William T. Spears
Homestuck - Gamzee Maraka (jester!Gamzee)
Originals - Mad Hatter, Evil Angel

kookiekween99

I'll have to have my mom reserve the rooms for me. I hope we can manage to get five rooms, because I refuse to room stuff ever again!

Question: Will there be two-bed rooms available at the Hilton for Thursday night? I'm pretty sure there will be, but last year my friend had an issues getting a Day Zero room, so I wanted to make sure that would be available.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Makise09

I'm not sure if this information is available, but will hotel prices be much different from last year?

Dany

Quote from: kookiekween99 on February 03, 2012, 09:51:39 AMQuestion: Will there be two-bed rooms available at the Hilton for Thursday night? I'm pretty sure there will be, but last year my friend had an issues getting a Day Zero room, so I wanted to make sure that would be available.

If you get in on registering more or less when the reg site opens and get all the days you need at once, you -should- have no issue getting what you need. The key is to not delay, and do not expect that the Hilton or Marriott will be available after day 1 because they are the popular hotel.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

DayDreamerNessa

for the Marriott suite how many beds / people allowed/fit in the room???
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++