Hotel Website Goes Live on February 6th at Noon (and FAQ)

Started by M, January 21, 2012, 11:32:08 PM

FanFicGuru

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on February 03, 2012, 03:03:41 PM
for the Marriott suite how many beds / people allowed/fit in the room???

4 people to a room, or 2/bed.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

kookiekween99

Quote from: Dany on February 03, 2012, 02:24:47 PM
Quote from: kookiekween99 on February 03, 2012, 09:51:39 AMQuestion: Will there be two-bed rooms available at the Hilton for Thursday night? I'm pretty sure there will be, but last year my friend had an issues getting a Day Zero room, so I wanted to make sure that would be available.

If you get in on registering more or less when the reg site opens and get all the days you need at once, you -should- have no issue getting what you need. The key is to not delay, and do not expect that the Hilton or Marriott will be available after day 1 because they are the popular hotel.

Still a little paranoid, because if my mom doesn't get Hilton rooms on Day Zero, I can't be here on the forums to ask questions until at least 3, and by then, it could be too late. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I don't like not being in control of a situation.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

obliviousedward

Quote from: FanFicGuru on February 03, 2012, 03:16:19 PM

I believe this maximum occupancy only applies to regular hotel rooms. I think for suites the maximum occupancy is more like six? (I've never gotten a suite, so don't quote me on this. I'm only estimating based on what I think I remember from past forums. :P)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

SugarB

Quote from: obliviousedward on February 03, 2012, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on February 03, 2012, 03:16:19 PM

I believe this maximum occupancy only applies to regular hotel rooms. I think for suites the maximum occupancy is more like six? (I've never gotten a suite, so don't quote me on this. I'm only estimating based on what I think I remember from past forums. :P)
Maximum occupancy usually goes with the amount of beds, despite it being a suite or not. A Junior Suite at the Marriott can only "occupy" four, as it only has a king bed and a couch bed.

You can technically fit three average-sized people in a king if you like being close, but it's not encouraged to stuff your rooms and have people sleep on the floor and such, for Fire-safety reasons.
Now you have a sudden HUNCH you're alone in the WORLD.
All alone with THINKS and HUNCHES all colored and curled!

M

Quote from: kookiekween99 on February 03, 2012, 09:51:39 AMQuestion: Will there be two-bed rooms available at the Hilton for Thursday night? I'm pretty sure there will be, but last year my friend had an issues getting a Day Zero room, so I wanted to make sure that would be available.
For Thursday, we will have a room with two beds available.

Quote from: Makise09 on February 03, 2012, 02:07:53 PMI'm not sure if this information is available, but will hotel prices be much different from last year?
Prices will remain around the same. =)

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on February 03, 2012, 03:03:41 PMfor the Marriott suite how many beds / people allowed/fit in the room???
I don't actually know, but I believe that it is listed as 4.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

obliviousedward

Quote from: SugarB on February 03, 2012, 04:57:32 PM
Maximum occupancy usually goes with the amount of beds, despite it being a suite or not. A Junior Suite at the Marriott can only "occupy" four, as it only has a king bed and a couch bed.

You can technically fit three average-sized people in a king if you like being close, but it's not encouraged to stuff your rooms and have people sleep on the floor and such, for Fire-safety reasons.

Ah, gotcha. Good to know. Thanks for the correction!
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Runewitt

I emailed the ramada about their suite the other day and didn't get a difinitive answer. first they said that the suite was part of the fanime block out, then when i asked if they knew anything about the pricing for the year, they told me it was unavailable.

.... will it be available this year?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

M

Quote from: Runewitt on February 05, 2012, 10:21:54 PM
I emailed the ramada about their suite the other day and didn't get a difinitive answer. first they said that the suite was part of the fanime block out, then when i asked if they knew anything about the pricing for the year, they told me it was unavailable.

.... will it be available this year?
Unfortunately, I don't believe that we have suites at the Ramada.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Makise09

DEBIT CARD POLICY: If you choose to use a debit card for the payment of your room, the Hotel will take an authorization for the amount of room and tax for your entire stay plus the applicable deposit of up to $100.00 per room/per night. These funds will be temporarily unavailable in your checking account. FanimeCon Housing recommends the use of cash or a credit card if you wish to have access to all of the funds in your checking account throughout the weekend.

Does this get charged when we book the room or when we check in? I asked this in another thread as well but I wasn't sure if more people were wondering the same thing here.

zero209

is the 100 dollar deposit for all hotels. last year the fairmont charged a lot more then 100 for my deposit and i heard the hilton doesn't charge anything.

FanFicGuru

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

KyraEnsui

Will there be a wait list for Thursday, May 24th for the Hilton? It looks like that one is already sold out before the launch. If there is, I would like to be on it please. Thank you!

obliviousedward

YESSSSS, Convention Plaza Friday through Tuesday, all booked! *fist pump* And I managed to also snag a Marriott room just in case my friends want an alternative this year, hehe.
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Makise09

I just BARELY missed out on the room I wanted at a different hotel so I booked at the Double Tree instead, should I email Housing and ask to be put on a waiting list just in case rooms open up closer to the con date?

Halrenna

I hope I did that right! I couldn't find an option anywhere on the registration form for booking two rooms so I went through it twice and booked them individually. Not how I would have preferred doing it but it seemed to work.

sayonararollingstar

Quote from: KyraEnsui on February 06, 2012, 12:07:52 PM
Will there be a wait list for Thursday, May 24th for the Hilton? It looks like that one is already sold out before the launch. If there is, I would like to be on it please. Thank you!

I was hoping to get a room at the Hilton but they sold out already! I thought I saw it on the list but when I checked again, it wasn't listed anymore. :O I really wanted a room at the Hilton, too. :C I managed to get a king bedded room w/ rollaway bed at the Marriott, though, but still.

zero209

was able to sneak in got me a double bed at the hilton for friday threw sunday. yes no more worries now.

otakuapprentice

any idea if they will open up another block of rooms for either the hilton or marriot?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Arkham

Quote from: Makise09 on February 06, 2012, 12:22:24 PM
I just BARELY missed out on the room I wanted at a different hotel so I booked at the Double Tree instead, should I email Housing and ask to be put on a waiting list just in case rooms open up closer to the con date?

Remember that at the DoubleTree, you will be surrounded by Steampunks. =-)
--Arkham : The Blackened Hatter