2012 FMV Contest - Prize Ideas

Started by Marin Jei El, January 25, 2012, 08:52:04 PM

Marin Jei El

Here is your chance to make you voices heard regarding what you, our awesome fans and editors, want as prizes. Tell us early, tell us often, and we will make it happen. So far, gift cards have worked well, but we'd also like to give away audience prizes. Let us know what you would love to see there! Thanks!
Fanime Music Video Contest Dept. Head
Any Questions or Comments send to:
[email protected]

khyaoiness

so far i think the prizes are great (well, that is if they're the same as when i entered which was Best Buy gift cards)
but maybe instead of just Best Buy, maybe they could be visas that are the same price, so we aren't limited to where we can shop
that's what i think
Kingdom Hearts is awesome
as cosplaying as it makes it even better ^^
~Fantasy is always there when reality fails you~

Tsu

I'm ok with the idea of a non-specific gift card, but those do cost more $ than they're actually worth so I'm ok either way. As for audience prizes... dunno?mini gift cards? Guest-signed stuff? Dunno, lol.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Haunterluvcookies

How about anime DVDs or mabye manga.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 06, 2012, 09:36:31 AM

Eh, this probably wouldn't be too favorable since everyone tends to have varying tastes, so they might not like (or might already have) the anime dvd/manga they receive (if it were a prize option.)

Visa giftcards sound pretty nice, though. /shrug
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Armored-Heart on February 06, 2012, 10:53:13 AM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 06, 2012, 09:36:31 AM

Eh, this probably wouldn't be too favorable since everyone tends to have varying tastes, so they might not like (or might already have) the anime dvd/manga they receive (if it were a prize option.)

Visa giftcards sound pretty nice, though. /shrug

Okay, thanks. I am new at this but gift cards do sound good though.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Marin Jei El

We are going to continue to have some sort of gift cards for the entry prizes since it seems to be really popular, however, I'm not sure if we can get many more of those for audience prizes as well.
Keep sending us more ideas for audience prizes.

As far as DVD's and Manga; those should be doable, but you are right about different people having different tastes.I think  we can figure something out with more feedback. Cheers!
[email protected]

Tsu

Will the awards most likely be on Monday? If they're Sunday, perhaps you could do vendor vouchers for the audience? Like "5 bucks off the ramen stand" or "free small boba @ lolicup"? People at the con are always looking for good and cheap eats, after all.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Marin Jei El

I like that idea. The awards worked really well on Sundays. We will try our best to keep that the same this year.
[email protected]