Artist Alley Signup Question

Started by chibimonster, January 28, 2012, 12:27:25 PM

chibimonster

I've created my account, and I'm currently on step 3, but I'm a bit confused.
At the top of the page, it says: "Congratulations! Your table request is preliminarily approved, pending the final review of work for compliance with the table agreement by AA Staff." Then, farther down, it says, "Your account is now awaiting selection from the Artist Alley team, etc."
This seems a bit strange. Does the message at the top mean that I probably got a table, or does it mean nothing? (Sorry if this question seems stupid...)

Also, how will we know if our account has been selected? Will we receive an email?

Phyn

Hi!

It means your account is ready for us to review your work to make sure you're following the rules.  Upon approval you'll be ready to submit payment.  So what you have is a very good thing.

Cheers,
Marc Dell'Erba
Artist Alley

chibimonster

Yay! :) Thank you so much. This is my first time selling at fanime, and I was really happy that signups were easy and relatively stress free.

ponandzi

You're lucky to have that message. (Congratulations!) Mine says that I'm number 9 on the waiting list. Lol. *crosses fingers*

LadyUni

If that's the message you got...

wow.

That really does mean over 300 tables got snagged within the first 15 minutes...
What horrible luck I have. 10th on the wait-list.

~"Submit to the wonders of the universe..."~

Laggy

Yeah, I got 8 on the waiting list. I think a lot of people thought they were safe when they entered their information, and then took their time adding helper info and whatnot, only to find out they weren't technically on the list yet. I think next year, it should hold a place when you start the registration process, because I think that screwed over a lot of people.

Also, any veterans who have been on the waiting list before know how much of a chance we have of getting a table now?

arcadiapandora

I'm seriously bummed about being on the waitlist. Does anyone know the chances of getting on when you're further down the line? I made my account within 5 minutes but took the time to add my permit, partner's, and our two helpers info and that took more time that I had thought. :(
<3

kidoairaku

Same here :( Well at least you guys are still in the within 10 for the waiting list.... I'm 56th on the waitinglist. That's not much of a chance now T_T unless Fanime decides to open up another 50 tables, then maybe I have a chance;;;;
nothing but a dreamer...

Gigantor

I signed up within one minute of it going live but I took my time to enter my information after the initial page and that sent me considerably farther down the list. In the future could you please change the wording from "You have been entered into the database" to something like "Your account has been saved but please complete your application to be added to the submission list.". It is very confusing the way it is and honestly I am of the opinion that it extremely unfair to people who prefer to take their time to make sure information is precise or people that need to add helpers in or add other artists.

The way it works now you could simply add your information then submit the second page and send an email with the additional information later on to update it once you get a table which is what I am sure several people did in order to secure a table.

phr34kish

They give people plenty of ample warning before registration goes live that you need to have all of your artist and helper information once registration goes up in order to be efficient. I wouldn't complain that it was unfair, everyone had the same information available to them in the FAQ and around the forums. I had to enter two artists, and I made it in before the waitlist, anyway.

Perhaps the verbage change would be a good idea though from Step 1 through Step 3. Making sure it's evident that you're place isn't on hold, and you need to continue would be good for returning AA'ers and newbies.

Laggy

I agree with Gigantor. When it said 'You have been entered into the database' I thought it meant I made it in, so I took my time with the rest.

KikaiSaigono

Quote from: phr34kish on January 28, 2012, 01:11:48 PM

Perhaps the verbage change would be a good idea though from Step 1 through Step 3. Making sure it's evident that you're place isn't on hold, and you need to continue would be good for returning AA'ers and newbies.

I agree with this. I did complete mine in time to not get waitlisted, but honestly it could have been very close and I could have just as easily gotten waitlisted. I finished registration completely at 2:05, I *think*, but being new to Fanime this year and not being totally sure how the reg was done, I was not aware the I needed to complete helper info before being officially done.  I got extremely lucky but I can for sure understand others' frustration at the wording...

Gigantor

They give people plenty of ample warning before registration goes live that you need to have all of your artist and helper information once registration goes up in order to be efficient. I wouldn't complain that it was unfair, everyone had the same information available to them in the FAQ and around the forums. I had to enter two artists, and I made it in before the waitlist, anyway.

I did have all of my information beforehand. I left the webpage open for a minute to run and grab something that I needed and that time moved me down into the waitlist.

LadyUni

Quote from: Gigantor on January 28, 2012, 01:16:34 PM

I did have all of my information beforehand. I left the webpage open for a minute to run and grab something that I needed and that time moved me down into the waitlist.
This.

I also had my info. It just took a bit to enter it.
I'm just flabbergasted at how fast that went. It's a bit disheartening.

sayonararollingstar

Quote from: LadyUni on January 28, 2012, 12:39:33 PM

wow.

That really does mean over 300 tables got snagged within the first 15 minutes...

Hey, Ash! It's Karen!

You shouldn't be too worried about this! Keep your head up, girl. You got a good spot on the wait-list and the other people who signed-up earlier don't know if they're approved to be in the alley yet. Good luck and I hope you get a table! :D

Wiccat

Isn't it usually this way? You make an account, activate it and fill out the information and that's when you get your spot.  I'm pretty sure, since I've been doing Fanime artist alley for quite a while now.

Either way, come on guys.  You wanted first come first serve instead of lottery.  You should be ready for first come first serve.  12pm PST is 4am in my time, and I was up at 3:45am waiting with all my information in front of me and ready and even though my connection here is really bad (I can't even watch youtube videos, that bad), I finished registering in five minutes.

LadyUni

Quote from: sayonararollingstar on January 28, 2012, 02:07:26 PM
Quote from: LadyUni on January 28, 2012, 12:39:33 PM

wow.

Hey, Ash! It's Karen!

You shouldn't be too worried about this! Keep your head up, girl. You got a good spot on the wait-list and the other people who signed-up earlier don't know if they're approved to be in the alley yet. Good luck and I hope you get a table! :D

Oh hey, Karen~ ^^

The thing I'm worried about most: Vince is gonna be pissed. He's already not happy about having to dish out all this money just for registration and gas and a hotel (even though we're splitting). If we don't get a table on top of that, I dunno if he'll ever forgive me...>_>