Anime on Netflix that isn't dubbed?

Started by GoodAsianDriver, January 31, 2012, 07:04:05 AM

GoodAsianDriver

As the title indicates, I'm looking for anime on Netflix that isn't dubbed. Once you've heard Japanese voice acting, English voice acting and script-altering becomes cringe-worthy. Maybe I've had a little too much of the forbidden fruit? Haha.

Anyway, I love crunchyroll but I'm sort of running low on new titles that appeal to me. I happen to have Netflix so I'm wondering if any of the titles on Netflix come in native Japanese dubbing with english subtitles.
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Mr Lex

I can't think of any, but I can think anime that is dubbed well.

That'd be basically Cowboy Bebop (I think they only have the movie now) and Samurai Champloo probably.

Some people have argued Full Metal Alchemist has good dubbing, which I suppose it does, but I prefer Japanese voices for that one.

Samurai Champloo can go both ways as well, I've seen it both in English and Japanese and I think both were excellent.

MidnightPrincess94

as a frequent user of netflix for anime, i can say there is none that i've come across that is in native japanese. however! have you tried funimation? they usually have japanese anime. other than that if i come across any free japanese anime sites, i definitely will let you know. :)

Navashuryn

I've noticed a few that is in Japanese... I know Naruto is, as well as Bleach. I can't really think of any else off the top of my head, though. >.< Anything from Funimation I know is dubbed on Netflix, though you can find them all on their website subbed.

kookiekween99

ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Laggy

Naoki Urasawa's Monster. Such a great series, oh god. I watched it originally in English, but when I found it on Netflix, I discovered it was in Japanese. I highly reccommend it to anyone who likes insane and badass villains.

echoshadow

Are you talking about Netflix's streaming anime?
If so most of the streaming anime is in dubbed I think.
Their steaming selection and quality is very weak.
I would recommend trying their dvd's selection. They have a old of older titles but as of late, they are really not making any effort on trying to get any new stuff, or any new stuff that's been out for the last 2 years. On the down side...many of the series  are missing..

On...a side note have you tried Hulu.com? I know..weird but they do have a good amount of anime in both dubbed and subbed.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

echoshadow

Quote from: Laggy on February 12, 2012, 05:52:17 AM
Naoki Urasawa's Monster. Such a great series, oh god. I watched it originally in English, but when I found it on Netflix, I discovered it was in Japanese. I highly reccommend it to anyone who likes insane and badass villains.
I  actually just finished Monster. I agree that Johan was the evilest villain I seen.
It one of the best anime's I seen so far, sadly I don't know why I have been putting it off for over 3 years. I should have seen it sooner.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Maskenlav

There's a short series called Angelcore in japanese (not sure if it's available on Netflix) BUT it's an 18+ type of show so I suggest you watch it when your parents aren't around haha
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Michi

Subbed streaming anime on Netflix:

Naruto
Inuyasha
Hikaru no Go
Nana
Honey and Clover
Death Note
Monster

That's all I could get quickly without doing an in-depth search. Basically, anything by Viz! Funimation's releases seem to all be dubbed, yes.

Hulu Plus has a lot more subbed titles, including even more by Viz, and a handful from Aniplex. For example: http://www.hulu.com/network/viz-media?sort=name
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

WuvMilo

You could watch anime online using your computer/laptop at animeseason.com or gogoanime.com

Those sites have all the anime subbed :3