Connecting Rooms?

Started by Saturnchan, February 06, 2012, 12:30:57 PM

Saturnchan

Hello!

So, as I have a larger group than I've ever had before, I've booked two rooms at the Hilton for the first time (always went to Crowne Plaza before that). However, when I tried to book them at the same time through the Housing website to have them be connected (because we want to get connecting rooms), I couldn't make multiple reservations work... I managed to still book both rooms separately (to make sure we had rooms regardless), but is there any way that I can still get these connected? I saw it said not to call the hotels directly for changes...

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it!
Planned Cosplay for Fanime 2016

*Coco Adel - RWBY
*Raimu "Rhyme" Bito [The World Ends With You]
*Namine [Kingdom Hearts II - Monty Oum's "Dead Fantasy" version] - Maybe
*Alice - [Disney's Alice in Wonderland]

eralston

Room assignments are generally done upon check-in. I would try calling the hotels a week or so before to try and request adjacent rooms.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

crystalsoul

better yet, what you should do sometime before fanime, sooner than later, is call and put down as a special request that your could like room 'A' and room 'B' to be connected if possible.

usually the hotel wont give you any problems and would be more then willing to honor your request, since thats what the rooms are meant for xP

make sure to have your reservation identification number handy (the 8 digit number you got when you reserved the rooms) as well as you name and they will do the rest :3

Charis

If you call right now, the hotels won't have any reservations to put the notes on, however; the Fanime reservation site includes info on the earliest date to call the hotels. Best bet right now is to contact Fanime housing, have them put a note into BOTH reservations, and then call the hotel once the hotels themselves have the info (usually in mid-May).
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

AngrySean

I had this same problem a couple times in the past and I've found that the easiest thing to do is just wait until about two weeks or so before Fanime and then call the hotel and ask about getting connecting rooms. DO NOT wait until check-in to ask about connecting rooms since it is doubtful that they'll have any left. If you wait until check-in, it is likely that the best they can do is give you rooms next to or close to each other that don't connect. (Me and my friends ended up with rooms across the hall from each other one year when we waited until check-in to ask for joining rooms. We never repeated that mistake again.)

Saturnchan

Thanks for the advice everyone! I appreciate it!!!! ^^
Planned Cosplay for Fanime 2016

*Coco Adel - RWBY
*Raimu "Rhyme" Bito [The World Ends With You]
*Namine [Kingdom Hearts II - Monty Oum's "Dead Fantasy" version] - Maybe
*Alice - [Disney's Alice in Wonderland]