special request form....no longer there?

Started by crystalsoul, February 06, 2012, 01:48:43 PM

crystalsoul

but now is replaced with just a drop down menu of a few things which i have no need for?

if i remember correctly, last year when i reserved a hotel room, i was able to physically type out what it was i needed, such as a refrigerator request at the marriot, but this year i cant :<

it sorta sucks cause i have to call up the hotel now and make sure they put down that i want a refrigerator and a deluxe double room instead of a normal double room.

and on a side note, to the person/s in charge of the hotels, i gave a call to the marriot today to make sure they got my requests and they said that no reservation popped up under my name. should i wait awhile? contact you guys? or what should my plan of action be from here?

Please and Thanks!!! ;)

venus_ivy

Hi!

Please do not contact the hotels directly regarding your reservation. Our housing team will be glad to assist with special requests and other reservation questions. Here is their contact information:

CONTACT OUR FANIME HOUSING CUSTOMER CARE CENTER AT:
Monday - Friday, 6am - 6pm (Pacific Time)
(800) 924-4232 (Toll Free U.S. & Canada)
(415) 979-2282 (Outside U.S. & Canada)
[email protected]

Thanks!
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Dany

Quote from: crystalsoul on February 06, 2012, 01:48:43 PM
and on a side note, to the person/s in charge of the hotels, i gave a call to the marriot today to make sure they got my requests and they said that no reservation popped up under my name. should i wait awhile? contact you guys? or what should my plan of action be from here?

Please and Thanks!!! ;)

That's quite common! The best way to explain it is that Fanime Housing (or the company that operates their housing system, technically) manages the reservations based on the information provided by the hotels about how many rooms are blocked and what type they are. They keep the information, independent of the hotel, until 4/27, the cancellation deadline. After that date, they make the last minute adjustments and finalizations, and then send a sort of roster each of the participating hotels, who then manage everything from that point forward.

So it's not that the rooms or reservation do not -exist-, it's just that someone else is in charge of it for now, and the hotel won't be involved until after the cancellation date. Not bad. Just different :)

My suggestion for your dilemma would be to call the Fanime Housing folks and get that notated on your information with them (as they may actually have note fields), then followup in May to be sure the information transfers.  That's what I'm going to do to get my low floor/near the stairs request :)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

crystalsoul

wow thanks venus_ivy and Dany :D

answered all my questions + more ^^

So maybe for next year, and this is going out to the fanime housing team, could you put either more options, or a text box for other, not listed special requests? :)  Please and thanks.

and i will make sure to call the housing team when i get the chance too

Dany

Sweet! Good luck and hope it works out for you!!
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon