Hotel FAQ (Updated 3/2/12)

Started by M, February 06, 2012, 07:43:05 PM

M

Quote from: Mrsbrightsidebz on April 25, 2012, 01:05:58 AMI booked a room through the radisson website since it was showing up through the fanime site for the day i wanted. Will i still be able to use the shuttle?
I believe so, but we're still trying to confirm the exact details.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Tsu

Is it ok to switch to a different card when checking in to collect the actual fee on, or should I try and contact the housing service?
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

M

Quote from: foester on April 27, 2012, 03:52:04 PMIs it ok to switch to a different card when checking in to collect the actual fee on, or should I try and contact the housing service?
Absolutely. You can choose any debit/credit card to put on your room upon check in.

kyomaster

Quote from: MPLe on March 02, 2012, 12:53:40 AM
Shuttle is a free service brought to you by FanimeCon and Team San Jose. I believe that it will only be provided to FanimeCon members, but don't quote me on that last part.

i'll b arriving on Thursday, May 24, will i be able to use the shuttle to get me to the convention center even though i dont have my badge yet? do i need to present my badge evreytime?

M

Quote from: kyomaster on May 01, 2012, 08:15:22 PMi'll b arriving on Thursday, May 24, will i be able to use the shuttle to get me to the convention center even though i dont have my badge yet? do i need to present my badge evreytime?
I believe that Thursday will be badgeless (maybe even the entire weekend, but that's TBD).

Tsu

Thanks for the quick answer to my last question! Here's another: Do I need to call the hotel, modify my hotel registration (I saw a selectable box on the page) or anything else if I plan to check in the day I registered to but very late that night? I might be arriving @ 8pm or later. Thanks!
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

M

Quote from: foester on May 05, 2012, 02:37:44 PMThanks for the quick answer to my last question! Here's another: Do I need to call the hotel, modify my hotel registration (I saw a selectable box on the page) or anything else if I plan to check in the day I registered to but very late that night? I might be arriving @ 8pm or later. Thanks!

I believe that they will hold your reservation, but it would definitely not hurt to call and verify. :)

kookiekween99

When should I call the hotel and ask about adjoining rooms? I know if we just show up and say something, we're less likely to get it...
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

M

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 06, 2012, 08:21:05 PMWhen should I call the hotel and ask about adjoining rooms? I know if we just show up and say something, we're less likely to get it...
Yes, call them. There are notes that appear on your file when you register through the hotel website, but this is easily missed. It also doesn't hurt to ever confirm this.

BunofGovt

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to the FanimeCon Housing folk.  Every email sent regarding waitlisted reservations and canceling reservations were acknowledged or answered within a business day.  The days we were waitlisted for came through at the hotel we wanted.  I received confirmation that my backup reservation was canceled after only one long rambling email from me trying to  explain my situation and request.  I wish all of the rest of you success with your reservations.

Now I can focus on my cosplay and packing.   :D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

kookiekween99

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that my waiting list request went through a few days ago! Now, instead of being split between the Marriott and the Hilton, all five of my rooms are at the Hilton, making our lives a billion times easier! Woo!

Quote from: MPLe on May 06, 2012, 09:19:40 PM
Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 06, 2012, 08:21:05 PMWhen should I call the hotel and ask about adjoining rooms? I know if we just show up and say something, we're less likely to get it...
Yes, call them. There are notes that appear on your file when you register through the hotel website, but this is easily missed. It also doesn't hurt to ever confirm this.
I was asking when the hotels would have my information so I could make my request. I don't want to call and have them be horribly confused because CMR hasn't turned over my information yet. ^^;
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Touya no Miko

Are there any hotels that absolutely do NOT take cash. Last year when we were in the Marriott, the hotel refused to let us pay in cash and would only take a card. Not to mention, we had to pay immediately upfront instead of at checkout :/. Are there any hotels that take check at all too?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Makise09

Quote from: Touya no Miko on May 13, 2012, 12:20:17 AM
Are there any hotels that absolutely do NOT take cash. Last year when we were in the Marriott, the hotel refused to let us pay in cash and would only take a card. Not to mention, we had to pay immediately upfront instead of at checkout :/. Are there any hotels that take check at all too?
Strange, in 2010 they let my group pay in cash as long as we kept a credit card on file for the security deposit. The Ramada also let us pay in cash last year, perhaps things changed recently?

amaya_JDB

What information do I need to bring when I check into the hotel (Fairmont)?
And also...
What time is check-in/check-out?

I vaguely remember back in 2010 check-in was 3PM and check-out was no later than noon. I'm just wondering if memory is serving me right.
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

M

Quote from: amaya_JDB on May 21, 2012, 02:00:39 AM
What information do I need to bring when I check into the hotel (Fairmont)?
And also...
What time is check-in/check-out?

I vaguely remember back in 2010 check-in was 3PM and check-out was no later than noon. I'm just wondering if memory is serving me right.
Check-in requires your ID and a hotel deposit (cash, debit, or credit card - credit cards are strongly recommended).

Check-in/out times depend on the hotel. It's very common that they will let you check-in if your room is ready when you arrive and check-out times are generally sometime between noon and 3PM (varies on hotel as some allow "late" check-out).

foxyorange

Hello,

I have a question regarding rooms. is it possible to transfer the name and credit card used to pay for the hotel room to another member? Thank you very much.

M

Quote from: foxyorange on February 25, 2013, 06:05:08 PM
Hello,

I have a question regarding rooms. is it possible to transfer the name and credit card used to pay for the hotel room to another member? Thank you very much.
I don't believe so, but I'm not 100% sure. Your best bet would be to contact our housing group:

Monday - Friday, 6am - 6pm (Pacific Time)
(800) 924-4232 (Toll Free U.S. & Canada)
(415) 979-2282 (Outside U.S. & Canada)
[email protected]

foxyorange

Quote from: MPLe on February 25, 2013, 06:11:10 PM
Quote from: foxyorange on February 25, 2013, 06:05:08 PM
Hello,

I don't believe so, but I'm not 100% sure. Your best bet would be to contact our housing group:

[email protected]

Thank you for replying so fast ^^ please enjoy the rest of your day and night ^^"

Orange

DangerHeart

If I need to change my reservation from Friday-Sunday to Saturday-Sunday could I do that via the booking site I used to make the reservation or would I need to email or call Fanime Housing to change it?

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: DangerHeart on March 24, 2013, 01:00:33 PM
If I need to change my reservation from Friday-Sunday to Saturday-Sunday could I do that via the booking site I used to make the reservation or would I need to email or call Fanime Housing to change it?

I'm fairly certain you have to call Fanime Housing to get that changed.  They're usually really helpful on that line, so it shouldn't be too hard to arrange that for you.  Here's the contact information from another post in the thread:

[email protected]