Over night parking?

Started by echoshadow, February 11, 2012, 06:37:22 AM

MonadoLink

Does anyone know if this still works? I need overnight parking for the whole 5 days (Staffing, don't want to pay $100 at Fairmont, and roomates have a car too). I don't mind if it ends up free, but cheap is good too. Previously I have just parked at Holiday Inn when they gave us free parking. I also don't want to have to run to my car and renew every morning

echoshadow

As far as I know the parking garage next to Vons still does the free parking on Memorial Day. So you can leave your car Thursday and drive off Scott free Monday.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

MonadoLink

HunterZero

Quote from: MonadoLink on May 23, 2017, 12:39:35 PM
Where and what is Vons?

He means Safeway. They are part of the same chain, just different names. I think it's a NorCal/SoCal thing.

There is a Safeway in walking distance from the convention center, between South 2nd and 3rd streets, along E San Fernando.

I assume the parking garage he is referring to is the one also between South 2nd and 3rd streets, along W San Carlos. It sits above the Psycho Donuts and the theater. I used to use this parking garage for the weekend, but be aware that it tends to fill up very quickly on Friday and tends to remain full through the weekend. Don't plan on leaving and returning.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

InsaneDavid

Quote from: echoshadow on May 23, 2017, 11:06:11 AM
As far as I know the parking garage next to Vons

Ahahaha, SoCal, SoCal, SoCal! *points* Just kidding - I do that whenever my wife says the same.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

echoshadow

Lol oh you guys.
;D
Yes I mean Safeway. And actually there are both Vons and Safeways in so cal.
Yes thanks for clearing up the location. The donut place is where it's at.
You may get lucky sometimes not. I had a buddy of mine had to pay for 2 nights of hotel parking then found a spot at the parking garage for the rest of the con.

I'll see you people at Fanime, if my boss decides not to work overtime. Well'll see, fingers crossed
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List