Parade for Fanime 2012

Started by blacklolita, February 12, 2012, 08:18:34 PM

blacklolita

I was wondering if anybody wanted to have a big parade marching down the streets showing off our cosplays and anime spirit. I think we should even walk down with our signs saying free hugs, and other crazy signs we can think of. And while we all march down the streets we should have crazy music playing to dance and sing to while we march.

echoshadow

yeah......I'm not too sure on that one...
I believe big sings are not allowed at Fanime.

Besides..Once Fanime starts there are cosplayers walking up and down the streets anyway. So its already a parade during Fanime.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Armored-Heart

Well for starters, Fanime doesn't allow signs unless they're pre-approved (if I recall correctly) and don't solicit "services" etc., which includes hugs.

Secondly, this would 1. probably be fairly difficult to organize and 2. it would probably cause a huge inconvenience for non-con-goers who are just trying to get around downtown. Not to mention there would be plenty of people who wouldn't be very fond of "crazy music." It'd be wise to avoid irritating those in the area who are (generally) very nice to and tolerable of us as we return each year!
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

eralston

Quote from: Armored-Heart on February 13, 2012, 10:55:21 AM
Well for starters, Fanime doesn't allow signs unless they're pre-approved (if I recall correctly) and don't solicit "services" etc., which includes hugs.

Secondly, this would 1. probably be fairly difficult to organize and 2. it would probably cause a huge inconvenience for non-con-goers who are just trying to get around downtown. Not to mention there would be plenty of people who wouldn't be very fond of "crazy music." It'd be wise to avoid irritating those in the area who are (generally) very nice to and tolerable of us as we return each year!

According to the Costume and Props Rules signs are allowed conditionally if they fulfill the requirement that the

QuoteSigns which are an integral part of a cosplay, and which an actual series character carries may be peace-bonded. Sign standards or poles must be of plastic or light wood.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Armored-Heart

Quote from: eralston on February 13, 2012, 11:24:04 AM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on February 13, 2012, 10:55:21 AM

According to the Costume and Props Rules signs are allowed conditionally if they fulfill the requirement that the

QuoteSigns which are an integral part of a cosplay, and which an actual series character carries may be peace-bonded. Sign standards or poles must be of plastic or light wood.

Ah, my mistake; thanks for the correction. c: I must have been confused with a different con's sign policy, as there's a couple other con trips I'm planning this year. Either way though, it doesn't sound like the "free hugs and other crazy signs" would qualify in this situation.
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

M

Quote from: blacklolita on February 12, 2012, 08:18:34 PMI was wondering if anybody wanted to have a big parade marching down the streets showing off our cosplays and anime spirit. I think we should even walk down with our signs saying free hugs, and other crazy signs we can think of. And while we all march down the streets we should have crazy music playing to dance and sing to while we march.
I don't think San Jose PD would appreciate this. :(
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!