OFFICIAL Cosplay Spectacular 2012 (Masquerade) UPDATED 5/19/2012

Started by angeljibrille, February 13, 2012, 07:28:02 PM

wolfdaemon

My hopes are high this year, but the past two years have not been in our favor.
Last year, I stayed up until five with a small handful of others while the rest couldn't stay up passed 2, thus the 2a.m.-ers group.  The year before that, I believe sign ups opened around three... I'm pretty sure. 

Dany

Quote from: wolfdaemon on April 01, 2012, 09:44:07 PM
My hopes are high this year, but the past two years have not been in our favor.
Last year, I stayed up until five with a small handful of others while the rest couldn't stay up passed 2, thus the 2a.m.-ers group.  The year before that, I believe sign ups opened around three... I'm pretty sure. 

2010 was late, but none of the 3am business from my recollection of things. I think that was why the late reg was so surprising to me last year.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

wolfdaemon

Yeah, last year was bad... which is why I'm hoping for better this year, haha.

angeljibrille

I'm right hereeeeeee >.<

The site is already up and everything ^_^; I'm literally sitting here waiting for it to be posted.

I'm really sorry about last year, I had a real-life emergency and it wont happen this year, I promise.

I could link it right now but that would be mean to the people who don't log in until later :p

so just hold up a bit :) 11:59pm, Pacific. So in about an hour.

Hugs!
Marisa

azreale

EXCITED!  and very happy that last year's incident won't happen again, not just the lateness for the site, but for the the idea that angeljibrille's child won't have to be taken to emergency or get really sick again this time! XD   glad to hear they're (he/she?) healthy!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

angeljibrille

Quote from: azreale on April 01, 2012, 10:44:20 PM
EXCITED!  and very happy that last year's incident won't happen again, not just the lateness for the site, but for the the idea that angeljibrille's child won't have to be taken to emergency or get really sick again this time! XD   glad to hear they're (he/she?) healthy!

He's healthy, thanks :D Other than that he hates sleep and it's 10:45pm and he's STILL not in bed -_-#  Two-year olds ... /pulls out hair.

I am going to suggest to everyone you look to the forums first for the link...
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16938.0.html

I'll be posting it there so you *know* it will get posted.

Thanks!
Marisa

Dany

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 01, 2012, 10:48:05 PM
He's healthy, thanks :D Other than that he hates sleep and it's 10:45pm and he's STILL not in bed -_-#  Two-year olds ... /pulls out hair.

Wow. Already in the two-stage. I remember when he'd only just arrived o.O!

They get big so fast... XD

angeljibrille

Quote from: Dany on April 01, 2012, 11:38:54 PM
Quote from: angeljibrille on April 01, 2012, 10:48:05 PM

Wow. Already in the two-stage. I remember when he'd only just arrived o.O!

They get big so fast... XD

Yep :)  He'll be at Masq Registration a lot this year, so if anyone wants to go "aww cute little crazy blonde kid" you can come say hi.

Dany

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 01, 2012, 11:43:01 PM
Yep :)  He'll be at Masq Registration a lot this year, so if anyone wants to go "aww cute little crazy blonde kid" you can come say hi.

Getting him exposed to the cosplay hobby young. That's excellent parenting! :D

angeljibrille

UsakoMinako

If you have an AOL account for registration- it will NOT get to you in time! (mine is still not there so I had to use a gmail account)

azreale

love the new registration set up! (seems much less confusing and more direct than last years.) made registering nice and easy ^^
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Dany

Done at last. Yeep. I simply can't type as fast as some people XD But the reg is in and I can go to beeeeeed

*flops*

angeljibrille

Quote from: UsakoMinako on April 02, 2012, 12:19:03 AM
If you have an AOL account for registration- it will NOT get to you in time! (mine is still not there so I had to use a gmail account)

Anyone who registered within the proper timeframe who e-mails me ([email protected]) shouldn't have a problem even if you don't get the confirmation e-mail.

Just shoot me an e-mail and I'll manually approve you.

Marisa

angeljibrille

Quote from: azreale on April 02, 2012, 12:20:11 AM
love the new registration set up! (seems much less confusing and more direct than last years.) made registering nice and easy ^^

Why thank you :) I spent a lot of time converting it over to a new system :D

Dany

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2012, 12:43:56 AM

It shows too! Do the registrations hold after the event is over? I was kind of stumbling about with the initial setup part. Of course, if this is a whole new system, I wouldn't expect that my stuff from 2010 would still be there! XD

angeljibrille

Quote from: Dany on April 02, 2012, 12:46:10 AM
Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2012, 12:43:56 AM

It shows too! Do the registrations hold after the event is over? I was kind of stumbling about with the initial setup part. Of course, if this is a whole new system, I wouldn't expect that my stuff from 2010 would still be there! XD

Nope, I clear it out every year, just because I don't like to hold on to people's personal information. I usually only hold on to paperwork for a couple of years too (like judging stuff, and minor waiver forms) then we take them down to a document shredder.

angeljibrille

K all, it's holding steady, so I'm going to bed zzzz

Gnight! e-mail me if you have questions.

Marisa

Dany

If you signed up, check your entry status...Approvals seem to be progressing. So fast!,