2013 Durarara!! Gathering!

Started by Olivine, February 19, 2012, 03:21:46 PM

Olivine

Bumpin' the thread here.
I think I'll re-vamp my Kida cosplay instead of doing a new character.
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

finnieon

umm well i donno for sure yet but i think me and my friend are doing mairu and kururi orihara :)
Weiss (RWBY)
kurumi (Date a live)
Celestia (danganronpa)
nonon jakuzure (kill la kill)
Nagisa (FREE!!)
White Rock Shooter (BRS)

DangerHeart

Hoping to fit in a Celty cosplay with my other plans next year.

Olivine

Great to hear! I hope you guys can come. <3 It's ways away so there's plenty of time for things to change, but it'd be awesome if everything worked out.

Gwydion

If there is a gathering, may just come as Izaya and drag my friend who going to do Shizuo this year. I'm making him a street sign at any rate, and might be fun to cosplay from the same series together.

sydmicnak

My friends and I are planning to do Anri, Mikado, and Kida all in their everyday clothing (: (Though our Anri cosplayer is a bit wishy washy since she said she was going to do it last year and didn't... But Mikado and Kida will be there for sure again xD)

Olivine

Just lettin' y'all know that the gathering is set for Friday, like it was last year. It will most likely be in the evening.

nooblet

hello! I plan on cosplaying as Mika Harima :)

PS would this color tie be okay for her? http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s-satin-neck-tie-assorted-colors/-/A-14292158
and would black schoolgirl loafers be okay for shoes, you think?

Olivine

Hey guys!

For the last time, I'll be changing my character. xD; I'll be hosting as Shizuko (the genderbent Shizuo), though I myself have decided not to participate in posing for photos so I can focus on taking photos for the gathering. Like I said early, the gathering is 100% going to be on Friday again this year! This time is still undecided as I'm making sure it doesn't conflict with the Vocaloid gathering. As for the actual location, I was considering the "Fallout Zone" which is the construction/new buildings area since Durarara!! is located in a city I figured it would be befitting and less likely for us to interfere with gatherings since I doubt many hosts will choose this location. If not the "Fallout Zone", then chances are it'll be by the Marriott Side once again (or maybe even in-doors).

Anyway, now that we're in the month of April I was start listing attendees (I didn't before since most people weren't confirmed), so if you're pretty sure you're attending let me know!

nooblet

I will definitely be attending as Mika on Friday, given that my wig arrives on time.

Olivine

Great to hear! I've officially added you to the list.

Kuudere

I'll be returning for a third time as Celty! I always seem to arrive a little bit late, so I hope I'm actually on time this year...

Maybe I can convince my friend to do her Anri again.

Olivine

Updated!

I've also submitted the gathering, so time/date will be posted soon!

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Olivine

Gathering confirmed for Friday at 6PM at the G9 location (outside, construction area)!

Olivine

Just to let y'all know that if we don't reach around 15 or so attendees, I may end up cancelling it. We only have 3 - 5 people attending so far, which would probably only take us five minutes to shoot... So if we don't have a steady number a week or so beforehand, I'll probably message BSaphire. :( I wouldn't want to take a slot and inconvenience any other gatherings if we won't even have a good attendance...

Kuudere

I guess I can bump that number up a bit. My boyfriend (chanocular on the forums) will be attending as Shinra, my friend and hopefully her boyfriend will be Anri and Izaya. So that's an additional 2-3 people.

sydmicnak

My friend and I are for sure going as Mikado and Anri, and I'm trying to convince someone to go as our Kida. So you can at least count 2 people in.

BSaphire

1st off.. There is no way I'm gonna take Durarara off the list :P There are lots of 1st time cospeeps who cosplay this and I wouldn't want them to be left out! :) So 4 cospeeps is just fine!

However... if this grows really big you guys may have to move cause the G9 location has become smaller due to the construction stuff.

So... Fill out your photo order as though you expect twenty to show and if it is only the 5 - 10 of you you guys will have more time for fun random shots! XD & then make sure Olivine that you post you Confirmation info on the Official Gatherings List thread.
Luv to the Durarara Cospeeps!
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Olivine

Updated~
The photo order will be posted soon once I sort it all out. (: