FANIMECON DANCE 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD (UPDATED 4.11.12)

Started by eHash, February 20, 2012, 11:00:24 PM

eHash

=====================================================
FANIMECON 2012 DANCE

Summary:
The 2012 dance will be located in Ballrooms F and J with 2 stages featuring a variety of electronic dance music (EDM) styles.  The "Pajama Party" located in Ballroom F will kick of the dance festivities on Thursday, May 24 (Day Zero) from 9 PM to 1 AM. The evening dance will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday starting at 7 PM and ending at 4 AM.  The dance event entrance will be located at the beginning of the corridor between Exhibit Hall 3 and the F/J Ballrooms.

Additional Rules and Code of Conduct for the FanimeCon Dance:
All FanimeCon rules and Code of Conduct applies to the Dance.  Failure to comply will lead to ejection from the dance.  Badges will be marked identifying individuals who are ejected and will not be allowed back in that day.  Ejection from the dance twice will result in removal of dance attendance prviledges for 2012.

•   The Dance for 2012 is open to all ages. However, it is suggested that children under 13 be accompanied by a responsible adult.
•   The FanimeCon Dance is a private event hosted for the attendees and guests of FanimeCon. An official FanimeCon badge is required for entry.
•   Once you leave the dance area, you will have to wait in line to re-enter.
•   Attendees may be subjected to a precursory security check.
•   No outside food or drinks are allowed in the dance.
•   Physical and/or verbal harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
•   Large props will not be allowed in the dance.  Attendees might be asked to put away props of any size if they represent a potential danger to others.
•   Chemical-based glow products (I.E. glow sticks) are not allowed in the dance, but LED\-based lighting utilities are allowed as long as they do not represent an immediate danger to others.
•   No "Laser Gloves" or laser pointers will be allowed.
•   Only authorized staff is allowed on the stage.
•   No prop or coat-check is available; personal property left unattended is at your own risk.

Schedule:
Thursday, May 24 (DAY ZERO): PAJAMA PARTY 9 PM to 1 AM with DJs Sandman, PeterLo, Melvis, eHash, Reign

Friday, May 25 (DAY ONE):
Ballroom F:
FILTHGRINDER (Dubstep) 7 to 8 PM
ELEVENER (Dubstep) 8 to 9 PM
DJ CZ SL33Z (Electro House) 9 to 10 PM
THAIFUNK (Electro House) 10 to 11 PM
SANDMAN (Mixed EDM) 11 PM to 12 AM
PETERLO (Asian Pop) 1 to 2 AM
MELVIS (Mixed EDM) 2 to 3 AM
Ballroom J:
RADPAOLO (House) 8 to 9 PM
MELVIS (GMP) 9 to 11 PM
PREYX (Hardstyle/Hardcore/Anime Music) 11 PM to 12:30 AM
KURONO and REIMU (Hardcore/J-Core/Anime Music/Touhou) 12:30 to 2 AM
EHASH (GMP) 2 to 4 AM

Saturday, May 26 (DAY TWO):
Ballroom F:
ELEVENER (Dubstep) 7 to 8:15 PM
DJET0 (Hardcore/Anime Music) 8:15 to 9:30 PM
SEAN CURTIS (ELECTRO HOUSE) 9:30 to 11 PM
PETERLO (Asian Pop) 11 PM to 12 AM
   DARK0 (Hardcore) 12 to 2 AM
   EMPATHY (Hardstyle/Hardcore) 2 to 3 AM

Ballroom J:
SANDMAN (GMP) 8 to 10 PM
KOMODO (Mixed EDM) 10 PM to 12:30 AM
REIGN (Trance) 12:30 to 2 AM
EHASH (GMP) 2 to 4 AM

Sunday, May 27 (DAY THREE):
Ballroom F:
   MELVIS (Hip Hop/Top40s/Electro House) 7 to 8 PM
   EHASH (Top 40s/Electro House/Asian Pop) 8 to 9 PM
KINETX (Trance) 9 to 11 PM
   FILTHGRINDER (Dubstep) 11 PM to 12 AM
   STORMY RAYNOR (Techno) 12 to2 AM
   SANDMAN (GMP) 2 to 3 AM

Ballroom J:
SANDMAN (GMP) 8 to 9 PM
MELVIS (GMP)  9 to 10 PM
EMPATHY (Hardstyle/Hardcore) 10 to 11 PM
PETERLO (Asian Pop) 11 PM to 12 AM
DARK0 (Hardcore) 12 to 2 AM
EHASH and KINETX (GMP) 2 to 4 AM

kookiekween99

A little disappointed about the glowsticks, but I get it. It doesn't need to be argued any further.

Question. Does Ballroom F still have the same small, friendly environment? I loved the feel of the Hilton room last year. It seemed a lot more dancey, a lot less grindy.

Looking forward to the Hardcore/J-Core/Hardstyle sets. I've recently started to get into J-Core, so I'm excited about that. I've made my peace with dubstep, but not enough to listen to it for more than a few minutes mixed into something else I like, so I doubt I'll be around then.

I'm planning to go to Day Zero this year, so you just might see me at the pajama party! ;)

Also: Does "No Food or Drink" include water? Or does it have to be a sealed water bottle? I've been to some events where the only thing allowed in is sealed water.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

eHash

I will try to answer some of your questions:

QuoteA little disappointed about the glowsticks, but I get it. It doesn't need to be argued any further.
LED Based Glow Products are ok (as long as they aren't used in a manner that's dangerous).

QuoteQuestion. Does Ballroom F still have the same small, friendly environment? I loved the feel of the Hilton room last year. It seemed a lot more dancey, a lot less grindy.
The room is 37x32 which is less square footage than the Market room, but the fact that it is right next to the J may heighten it's popularity.

QuoteAlso: Does "No Food or Drink" include water? Or does it have to be a sealed water bottle? I've been to some events where the only thing allowed in is sealed water.
I'll check, but the experience from last year was that bottled water is included in the "Food or Drink" category.  However, an empty bottle is an empty bottle to be filled ;)

kookiekween99

Quote from: eHash on February 23, 2012, 02:28:43 AMLED Based Glow Products are ok (as long as they aren't used in a manner that's dangerous).

That shouldn't be a problem for me. I'd like to learn how to string some day, but I get that Fanime isn't the place to practice that. Even though it's really cool to watch.

Quote from: eHash on February 23, 2012, 02:28:43 AMThe room is 37x32 which is less square footage than the Market room, but the fact that it is right next to the J may heighten it's popularity.

I guess I'll have to check it out for myself then. :)

Quote from: eHash on February 23, 2012, 02:28:43 AMI'll check, but the experience from last year was that bottled water is included in the "Food or Drink" category.  However, an empty bottle is an empty bottle to be filled ;)

I just figured sealed water would be okay because you can be sure it's water. But a bottle that has been opened and refilled could be anything clear-looking, including alcohol. One event I went to confiscated my water bottle that had water in it because I had opened to take a sip while I was waiting outside. I was annoyed, but they were selling water for a reasonable price inside, and I liked how they were trying to protect minors, so I got over it. Are you planning on having the water cooler again? That was really helpful to me last year.

k76wn

My friend DJ Coco wants to DJ at fanime, she has a lot of Japanese music and anime stuff as well as a huge variety of music. She's a extraordinary DJ, gimme an email, and I'll send her contact information
" 'You HATE people!' -Dante
'...But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?' -Randal'"

kookiekween99

Quote from: k76wn on March 29, 2012, 04:48:21 PM
My friend DJ Coco wants to DJ at fanime, she has a lot of Japanese music and anime stuff as well as a huge variety of music. She's a extraordinary DJ, gimme an email, and I'll send her contact information

I'm not staff, but I'm pretty sure the DJs were chosen months ago... Maybe she could try applying for next Fanime?

YuffieK

>Sees Asian Pop on schedule every night

YESSS! You don't know how happy I am to see that. Now all of my groups' kpop outfits will actually have a purpose!

I am officially pumped for Fanime!

eHash

Quote from: k76wn on March 29, 2012, 04:48:21 PM

DJs were selected in Jan. and Feb. through an application process that was open from the last day of con 2011 till after christmas:

see http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16697.0.html

eHash

Empathy

I won't be playing Hardcore on sunday in the J, probably. I'll be keeping in in the 140-150 range with tech/hard dance and hardstyle.

Brakinja

Just speaking as a general enthusiast of these kind of dances, I just ask that there be some wicked variety this year. In the past fanime years, the music tended to be too soft to dance to and it was really repetitive. To be completely honest, and I'm not trying to be a cynic, my friends and I usually wind up only staying for about an hour every year because it's too soft and repetitive (granted, for some reason, 2009 had some good music). I think the DJs this year are going to be awesome hopefully, so all I ask is that the music is faster and has enough variety to be interesting.

So yeah, hope I'm not coming off too harsh, I just really want to get my feet moving this year. Good luck, DJs!

Angelx624

Seeing Asian Pop makes me happy, as well. 8DD

Looking forward to FanimeCon Dance this year!! I missed out last year, due to being tired/busy. :(
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

S3r3nity

I am so excited for these events, I missed them last year and I heard they were great! I have made a TON of Kandi to give out.... soooo excited!!! ;D

Empathy

Empathy

request some in the request thread so that the GMP DJs can work it in.

GoodAsianDriver

--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

AbsolutelyCursed

muzikgenesis