FanimeCon 2012 Speeddating: Official Thread!

Started by yaki-ika, February 21, 2012, 10:00:25 PM

airanimechiic

so i just signed up and got my confirmation email.
i'm just wondering what you mean by the event has been "successful" in the past? never done just signed up for fun and curious yeah...
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: shiyamiro on May 16, 2012, 09:40:25 PM
When will we know which day we are assigned to? If we are assigned days at all?

Hello shiyamiro,

Thank you for your patience. We will email out the confirmation emails soon (of course before FanimeCon!) if you were assigned a date and time. Don't worry, we have not forgotten about our wonderful attendees :)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 17, 2012, 12:49:30 AM
i'm just wondering what you mean by the event has been "successful" in the past? never done just signed up for fun and curious yeah...

Hello airanimechiic,

Successful as in that we have matched people with mutual interests before. What happens after that is up to the pair :) We wish you and all our attendees the best of the luck. But most importantly is to HAVE FUN at the Speed Dating Event!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

shiyamiro

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 17, 2012, 12:53:14 AM
Quote from: shiyamiro on May 16, 2012, 09:40:25 PM
When will we know which day we are assigned to? If we are assigned days at all?

Hello shiyamiro,

Thank you for your patience. We will email out the confirmation emails soon (of course before FanimeCon!) if you were assigned a date and time. Don't worry, we have not forgotten about our wonderful attendees :)

Oh, I was just curious. I'm the kind of person who tries to plan out everything as soon as possible, so I'm just a little anxious. This is my first fanime, so I'm trying to fit in as much as I possibly can.

Bushido

My question: What is delaying the confirmation? Seeing as how people are trying to plan out their days, it becomes a hassle to not know if they're able to go to this event or not which hinders other plans. And I don't think it's a good idea to keep delaying this especially since Fanime begins next week.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

Takumaru

Im looking forward to this.  Hoping to meet an awesome otaku girl.  Maybe to talk to and hang out with at the con.

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: Bushido on May 17, 2012, 01:10:29 AM
My question: What is delaying the confirmation? Seeing as how people are trying to plan out their days, it becomes a hassle to not know if they're able to go to this event or not which hinders other plans. And I don't think it's a good idea to keep delaying this especially since Fanime begins next week.

We have been working hard to process all the sign-ups and placing people in the event dates to fill all the time slots. We are taking registration sign-ups on a rolling basis and need to finalize the event lists before emailing it officially. Besides being FanimeCon staff, our staff are also full-time students and/or workers, so we appreciate your understanding and patience. We want to thank everyone for their inputs thus far. Speed Dating staff takes your suggestions into consideration as we strive our best to improve the Speed Dating event for everyone's enjoyment.

Conclusively to emphasize, we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and understand that people are scheduling their time at FanimeCon. We respect that and want to address that we will email everyone ASAP once we finalize it! Thank you  :)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

airanimechiic

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 17, 2012, 12:58:05 AM

Hello airanimechiic,

Successful as in that we have matched people with mutual interests before. What happens after that is up to the pair :) We wish you and all our attendees the best of the luck. But most importantly is to HAVE FUN at the Speed Dating Event!

oh cool thanx ✿◕‿◕✿
btw, i'm wondering, whats been the percentage of females/MTF to males/FTM? i have this vague feeling there will be a lot more males so female options are less :S
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

jolliBEAST

renalcul

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 17, 2012, 04:27:10 PM
Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 17, 2012, 12:58:05 AM

Hello airanimechiic,

oh cool thanx ✿◕‿◕✿
btw, i'm wondering, whats been the percentage of females/MTF to males/FTM? i have this vague feeling there will be a lot more males so female options are less :S

1:1 if you're talking at the event.

virilevocalist

My guess would be that a lot more guys apply than girls, so I'm sure the m/f ratio for applications to speeddating aren't 1:1. What is the process for figuring out who gets to participate, as well as bringing the m/f ratio for participants to 1:1? Are there a certain number of slots to be filled on a first-come-first-served basis? Hypothetically, what if the slots for girls don't fill up completely? Wouldn't that require a reduction in the male slots to maintain 1:1? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just curious about the process of applicant processing, haha.
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

renalcul

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 17, 2012, 08:57:19 PM
My guess would be that a lot more guys apply than girls, so I'm sure the m/f ratio for applications to speeddating aren't 1:1. What is the process for figuring out who gets to participate, as well as bringing the m/f ratio for participants to 1:1? Are there a certain number of slots to be filled on a first-come-first-served basis? Hypothetically, what if the slots for girls don't fill up completely? Wouldn't that require a reduction in the male slots to maintain 1:1? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just curious about the process of applicant processing, haha.
Slots.
First come- first serve.

shiyamiro

So if we applied really early (such as the first day) our odds would be pretty good right? And I'm reading that slots will be limited by the amount of girls who sign up?

airanimechiic

Oh the slots has me confused now. I know there are the first-come first-serve slots via the online sign ups. But are there going to be another set of first-come first-serve on the day of for those who've signed up online?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

princesskitty18

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 17, 2012, 09:59:17 PM
Oh the slots has me confused now. I know there are the first-come first-serve slots via the online sign ups. But are there going to be another set of first-come first-serve on the day of for those who've signed up online?

for sure the ones that signed-up get first come first serve
if there are still open spots, then those who go to the actual event and wait in the line as part of the waitlist are then taken as first come first serve

for example: if you received an email sayin that you were on the waitlist as number like 5, but you were the first one to show up in person at the actual event, you would get in. cuz its based on first-come first-serve on the day of as well

make sense?
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

princesskitty18

Quote from: shiyamiro on May 17, 2012, 09:06:10 PM
So if we applied really early (such as the first day) our odds would be pretty good right? And I'm reading that slots will be limited by the amount of girls who sign up?

that's sorta the case
but in the two years that ive gone to it (and the 2 years that its been around) ive seen fair amounts of girls and boys
to be honest: yes there are more boys than girls that sign up
but if they have a designated number of ppl just in general (which i think in the past has been like 30-ish maybe), ull definitely fill up those spots with girls
unfortunately, its the boys that'll have to be on the waitlist and stuff like that

make sense?

TheMaKaKi

As mentioned, Speed Dating is a 1:1 event. Male to female or m:m or f:f is dependent on the event of the day. But it will be one-on-one for 5 minutes regardless.

We will fill all the slots evenly for the non-LGBT events with an even number of males and females, so hopefully there will be no problem with females not signing up. We will fill all slots, this is a very popular event!

To clarify: There are NO EMAIL WAITLISTS confirmation emails! We will only email you if you received a spot in one of the event time slots. Otherwise, if you did not receive a confirmation email about your date/time slot AND you want to participate, you must wait at-con FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE! :) The classic one-line is a good way to go.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

renalcul

15 slots for each gender for each hetero event.

45 slots for straight dudes, 45 slots for straight ladies.

there is no wait list this year. So if there are any no shows we'll pull from whoever manages to be there hoping to get in.

princesskitty18

Quote from: renalcul on May 17, 2012, 10:27:51 PM

there is no wait list this year. So if there are any no shows we'll pull from whoever manages to be there hoping to get in.

wait...15 slots for each gender for each hetero event or each LGBT event?
cuz then ur next sentence says 'straight dudes' and 'straight ladies'...

renalcul

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 17, 2012, 10:43:30 PM
Quote from: renalcul on May 17, 2012, 10:27:51 PM

wait...15 slots for each gender for each hetero event or each LGBT event?
cuz then ur next sentence says 'straight dudes' and 'straight ladies'...

There are 3 hetero events and 2 LGBT events.

15 x 3 is 45.