FanimeCon 2012 Speeddating: Official Thread!

Started by yaki-ika, February 21, 2012, 10:00:25 PM

yaki-ika

Hi everyone,

As some may know, Speeddating has been a very successful event at FanimeCon, and we wish to continue the event at FanimeCon 2012!!

Here is what is posted on the website and is up to date:

-----------------

SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED. You will receive a confirmation email if you were submitted. If you don't receive a confirmation email with your date and time slot, you were not submitted into FanimeCon Speed Dating this year. Please try and line up at the doors!

The FanimeCon Speed Dating event is for 18+ SINGLES ONLY who are interested in meeting new people and potentially finding love! This speed dating event will be for boys meeting girls and vice versa. Anyone who is above the age of 18 is eligible. IDs WILL BE CHECKED AT THE DOOR TO VERIFY AGE. PLEASE BRING AN ID THAT INDICATES YOUR BIRTHDAY (passport, drivers license, state id, etc.). THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.

Event Places and Times:
All events will be held in the San Carlos Room (Hilton Side, NOT the Marriott side!!).
Friday (5/25): 8PM to 10PM
Saturday (5/26): 2PM to 4PM and 4PM to 6PM
Sunday (5/27): 2PM to 4PM and 4PM to 6PM

HOW THE EVENT WILL WORK:
Upon successful registration, a confirmation email will be sent. Please follow the instructions on the email. And wait for another email from Speed Dating letting you know whether or not you got into the event.
Come to the event with your ID. A piece of paper to take notes on, a pencil, and a checklist with numbers on it will be provided. Each participant will have an identification number.
You will have five minutes to talk to each person. If you feel like you connected with that person, place a check mark next to their number on the checklist. You may check up to three people. If you check more than three, I will not process your sheet and you will get no matches.
YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO GIVE OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING NAME AND AGE.
At the end of the event, you will have a few minutes to finalize your ideas and checkpoints. Please RANK THE PEOPLE YOU'RE INTERESTED IN (with 1 being your top preference). Make sure to turn in the checkpoint/ranking paper in. We will then match all compatible couples accordingly.
NOTE: We will ONLY match people with a mutual interest. Please note that a match is not guaranteed. Once the event is over, we will send your matches to you ASAP VIA EMAIL. If you wish to be notified of possible matches via modality other than email, or NEED to attend on a certain day (because you won't be at the convention on one of the days), please note it in the ADDITIONAL NOTES in your application. We will notify everyone about their potential matches during the convention so you can spend time with your potential partner, if a match is made.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE POST THEM ON THE FORUMS. DO NOT EMAIL THE ADDRESS GIVEN ABOVE. This is to minimize repeat questions. We will check the forums daily, so expect an answer within 24 hours. You may also post suggestions that we may take into account for following years to come to ensure a fun and safe event that everyone can enjoy.

-------------------------------

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you there!

Jade

princesskitty18

which days are you lookin at to host the event right now?
and are you including the lgbt community?
in that case, which nights would be for the heterosexual ppl?

and looks like we're gonna keep it to 3 mins?
okie dokes then

thanks jade :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

yaki-ika

Quote from: princesskitty18 on February 22, 2012, 06:05:59 PM
which days are you lookin at to host the event right now?
and are you including the lgbt community?
in that case, which nights would be for the heterosexual ppl?

and looks like we're gonna keep it to 3 mins?
okie dokes then

thanks jade :D

Hi Princesskitty18,

All good questions, and thanks for asking them!

- I am currently planning on hosting the event on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Specific times will be posted later (but before sign-ups on May 1st).
- Yes, I am planning on including the LGBT community this year. I'm really excited for this, and I'm glad that I get to make it happen :)
- Plans are still tentative about what nights will be for who, but my staff and I have a pretty good idea. I will let you know as soon as its set in stone.
- As far as the 3min vs 5min thing is concerned, I will be talking with my staff about what they think is the best way to approach this dilemma. I will update you and everyone else as soon as its been decided.

Thanks,

Jade

TheMaKaKi

Whoot! Finally an awesome Official Thread :)!! Go Speed Dating!

Much thanks to Yaki-ika for organizing this thread and I look forward to the expansion and success of Speed Dating  :D!
Can't wait!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

TheMaKaKi

--Modified 5/21/2012--

FanimeCon Speed Dating Confirmation for Specific Times/Dates have been EMAILED OUT!

If you do not receive an email by TOMORROW MORNING, 5/22/12, then you did not receive a spot in the event due to the high volume of registration requests! Please come to our event and wait at-con, first-come first-served in line. We can't wait to MEET YOU!

Brief FAQ for all you eager fans!

• When will I receive my confirmation email about my specific date/times?: We will absolutely email you before FanimeCon starts. We have been working diligently to process everyone's registration and filling up spaces on a rolling basis. We appreciate your understanding and patience, so please be on a look out and check your email!
------------------
  • It's FanimeCon Day already, and I did not receive a confirmation email...Why?: Due to the popularity of our event, our online registration sign-ups are first-come, first-served basis since May 1st. Chances are that we were unable to place you in one of our Speed Dating events due to the volume of registration requests.
------------------
  • What can I do if I do not receive a confirmation email with a specific time/date? Can I email you and ask for one?: No please do not email or post on the forums requesting a date/time because all the spots HAVE BEEN FILLED! We cannot do anything at that point regardless. What you can do is...(1) Choose which date and time you want to attend, (2) Show up earlier than 2PM or 4PM (start times) to get in line and wait at-con for a possible spot, and (3) You are able to participate if someone who previously registered FAILS to show up to the event. WE ARE AT THE SAN CARLOS ROOM, HILTON SIDE
------------------
  • So if I wait like 5 hours in line before the Speed Dating event, I'll get a spot right?: No, please refer to my last answer! We only have so many spots during the Speed Dating event to accommodate the number of people. So please plan accordingly if you want to wait at-con.
------------------
  • Is there a waitlist so I can avoid waiting at-con?: No, this year we decided to not do waitlist emails and just make it simple- first-come, first-served at-con wait line!
------------------
  • Okay, yeah I received a confirmation email! What should I do next?: Congrats! Please remember to come earlier than 2PM or 4PM for us to confirm your identity and mark you down for the event.
------------------
  • How can I prepare for Speed Dating exactly?: You can't really! AND that's the fun of it! Just be yourself and know that this is meant to be an enjoyable experience for everyone. You are NOT obligated in any way to reveal your personal information.
------------------
  • Are there other rules I have to abide by?: Yes, as a FanimeCon attendee, you must abide by the con and convention rules. We will explain Speed Dating in more details during the event. So don't worry!
------------------
  • I am so excited to meet my soulmate and get many matches!: Whoa STOP! We, the Speed Dating Staff, do NOT guarantee you may get any matches or that you'll meet your soulmate... We will match you based on your three top choices and if the other party matches you as well, then we will provide the appropriate contact information to respective parties. Be forewarned, you may not get ANY matches. So may the odds be ever in your favor!
------------------
  • I honestly read through this whole thing and you still didn't answer my question: Then please post on the forums and we will answer you asap. If you are asking a question that is already in this FAQ...  :-\

Lastly, we apologize if some of the information may be confusing. Please do not worry about the numbers or logistics of the actual event itself. We, the staff, are honored to do the logistical work for you. All you have to do is cross your fingers, check your email, and enjoy Speed Dating!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

TronCat

Hey everyone :3 I'll be there for sure can't wait to meet new people n hang out :D

KusanagiShiro

I'll be there, money situation pending. my funds are super-tight this year.

kane64

I am going to be there, though I don't know what day I will be able to check out the speed-dating as I am sure there will be a lot of other things going on during the con.

I wish the best for everyone who goes though and that everyone walk away from it with some new friends and new memories.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

virilevocalist

Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

CrystalRobot

sounds fun and interesting. I'm totally gonna sign up. :3
my deviantART
http://crystalrobot123.deviantart.com/

~I do commissions! Note me at my deviantART page!~

Fanime 2017 Cosplay: TBA

snowtiger7

Yaki-ika,
I have signed up for the speed dating event by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. However, I never received a confirmation e-mail in return. Is there a way this problem can be corrected?

jAded

Quote from: snowtiger7 on April 08, 2012, 07:44:50 PM
Yaki-ika,
I have signed up for the speed dating event by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. However, I never received a confirmation e-mail in return. Is there a way this problem can be corrected?
"SIGNUPS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED. THEY WILL OPEN UP CLOSER TO THE DATES OF THE EVENT. FOR ALL THOSE WHO SIGNED UP- PLEASE SIGN UP AGAIN WHEN THE SIGNUPS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Registration for FanimeCon Speed Dating 2012 will begin on May 1st. A form will be made available on that date. "

This may be why you have not gotten a response.

renalcul

Quote from: jAded on April 08, 2012, 07:56:40 PM
"SIGNUPS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED. THEY WILL OPEN UP CLOSER TO THE DATES OF THE EVENT. FOR ALL THOSE WHO SIGNED UP- PLEASE SIGN UP AGAIN WHEN THE SIGNUPS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Registration for FanimeCon Speed Dating 2012 will begin on May 1st. A form will be made available on that date. "

This may be why you have not gotten a response.

I chuckled.

We switched to forms this year so that it can automatically send out confirmations (at least i think so? I'll need to double check), and so we can easily control when they start coming in.

Aoiro

I just really hope I remember to sign up for this. @___@
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

RedGxHenshin

I missed it last year because I didn't register in time. Were people there in cosplay last time? I personally wouldn't go in cosplay so I'll change to my regular clothes before I go.
Fanime 2016 cosplay line-up: Takeru Tenkuji (Kamen Rider Ghost), Sorey (Tales of Zestiria), Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

princesskitty18

Quote from: RedGxHenshin on April 13, 2012, 12:28:58 AM
I missed it last year because I didn't register in time. Were people there in cosplay last time? I personally wouldn't go in cosplay so I'll change to my regular clothes before I go.

you can pretty much wear whatever you want. cosplay or regular clothes are fine

TheMaKaKi

40 MORE DAYS UNTIL FANIMECON!!!
Who is excited for SPEED DATING? All you lovely singles ;)

Can't wait for FanimeCon Speed Dating? Well neither can we! The Staff has been working diligently hard to ensure the success of Speed Dating so please post any QUESTIONS or COMMENTS you may have so we can address it :)

Mark your calendars for MAY 1ST and don't forget to register! 18+ YO w/ID are all eligible for Speed Dating event. GOOD LUCK!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

princesskitty18

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on April 15, 2012, 10:53:45 AM
40 MORE DAYS UNTIL FANIMECON!!!
Who is excited for SPEED DATING? All you lovely singles ;)

Can't wait for FanimeCon Speed Dating? Well neither can we! The Staff has been working diligently hard to ensure the success of Speed Dating so please post any QUESTIONS or COMMENTS you may have so we can address it :)

Mark your calendars for MAY 1ST and don't forget to register! 18+ YO w/ID are all eligible for Speed Dating event. GOOD LUCK!

love the enthusiasm :p hahaha

BobMakihara

Looking forward to this, never participated in a speed dating event before. Good luck everyone! ^_^
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)