FanimeCon 2012 Speeddating: Official Thread!

Started by yaki-ika, February 21, 2012, 10:00:25 PM

mryekcim

What does it mean " in the data base"? does that mean wait for a response?

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: mryekcim on May 04, 2012, 12:44:12 PM
What does it mean " in the data base"? does that mean wait for a response?

Hello mryekcim,

In what context are you talking about?

If you're talking about after you have registered for the Speed Dating event via Online form, then yes. The Speed Dating staff will contact you with the information you have provided in regards to your Speed Dating day and time if you have a spot. There are no guarantees and we will try our best.

donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

avemcul

Just a quick question. When will we be getting the e-mail to let us know what days we got scheduled for? Also, I had a problem with signing up because of poor connection and I think I was put down twice for registration since I had two separate confirmation e-mails sent to me. My original days for sign up are Friday and Saturday though.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

renalcul

Quote from: ohaves on May 05, 2012, 08:06:21 PM
Just a quick question. When will we be getting the e-mail to let us know what days we got scheduled for? Also, I had a problem with signing up because of poor connection and I think I was put down twice for registration since I had two separate confirmation e-mails sent to me. My original days for sign up are Friday and Saturday though.
No confirmed eta as of yet.

If you got a confirmation it shouldn't be a problem. But ill note it to errrrybady.

avemcul

Quote from: renalcul on May 05, 2012, 08:52:59 PM
Quote from: ohaves on May 05, 2012, 08:06:21 PM
No confirmed eta as of yet.

If you got a confirmation it shouldn't be a problem. But ill note it to errrrybady.

H'okay, thank you!
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

princesskitty18

so not gonna lie..im kinda excited for this again
especially if i get to meet more ppl :D haha

do we kno when we're gonna get a confirmation?
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

renalcul

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 06, 2012, 09:20:08 PM
so not gonna lie..im kinda excited for this again
especially if i get to meet more ppl :D haha

do we kno when we're gonna get a confirmation?

Probably not until we're closer to full.

TheMaKaKi

We will update the forums when the confirmations were sent out. As of now, we have not fully processed all the signups and are still taking signups, so no confirmation for specific dates/times have been emailed yet. Please be patient as we are trying our best to organize the event smoothly! Thank you all!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

TheMaKaKi

Everyone signed up yet? :) It is still NOT TOO LATE!!! Encourage your friends to join too!

15 DAYS TILL FANIMECON WHEEE
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

RoseLove19

I'd totally sign up at atm I'm not even sure I'll be going. Should I sign up still?

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: RoseLove19 on May 10, 2012, 06:06:37 PM
I'd totally sign up at atm I'm not even sure I'll be going. Should I sign up still?

Did you mean going to FanimeCon or to the Speed Dating Event?

Anyone can sign up and for the people who do not show up from the pre-register list, we will go to the at-con people who waited in line.

However, that's not to encourage people to sign up willy nilly and not be serious about attending.

If you sign-up, we hope you are serious about attending and will try your best to come to this event! However circumstances and emergencies do arise, so we are understanding of that as well.

In conclusion,
PLEASE SIGN UP AND COME TO SPEED DATING! It's a GREAT FUN EVENT and you won't want to miss it! ;)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

Geoff

RoseLove19

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 10, 2012, 08:47:45 PM
Quote from: RoseLove19 on May 10, 2012, 06:06:37 PM

Did you mean going to FanimeCon or to the Speed Dating Event?

Anyone can sign up and for the people who do not show up from the pre-register list, we will go to the at-con people who waited in line.

However, that's not to encourage people to sign up willy nilly and not be serious about attending.

If you sign-up, we hope you are serious about attending and will try your best to come to this event! However circumstances and emergencies do arise, so we are understanding of that as well.

In conclusion,
PLEASE SIGN UP AND COME TO SPEED DATING! It's a GREAT FUN EVENT and you won't want to miss it! ;)

See I don't know if I'm going to go but there's a chance. I've already bought my fanime badge but I just got a job. I really really wanna go but it depends of I'll have the weekend off.

batmanuel

hmm...how come lgbt has all of saturday? it would be nice to have a hetero dating day on saturday, just for people who are coming from work on friday, and have work on monday. I know it would make my life easier.

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: batmanuel on May 15, 2012, 03:47:15 PM
hmm...how come lgbt has all of saturday? it would be nice to have a hetero dating day on saturday, just for people who are coming from work on friday, and have work on monday. I know it would make my life easier.

We are trying our best to incorporate everyone and encourage diversity at FanimeCon :) Non-LGBT days are Friday 8-10PM & Sunday 2-4PM and 4-6PM. You can sign up for Sunday time slots and we will try our best to accommodate you!

We will consider your suggestion for Saturday sessions for non-LGBT attendees next year. Thank you.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

jolliBEAST

I'm excited! Hopefully there will be a lot of people on Sunday

renalcul

Quote from: jolliBEAST on May 15, 2012, 09:09:27 PM
I'm excited! Hopefully there will be a lot of people on Sunday

There are as many slots for sunday as any other day. :3

batmanuel

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 15, 2012, 03:50:20 PM
Quote from: batmanuel on May 15, 2012, 03:47:15 PM

We are trying our best to incorporate everyone and encourage diversity at FanimeCon :) Non-LGBT days are Friday 8-10PM & Sunday 2-4PM and 4-6PM. You can sign up for Sunday time slots and we will try our best to accommodate you!

We will consider your suggestion for Saturday sessions for non-LGBT attendees next year. Thank you.

I have nothing against LGBT community but did they really need both Saturday time slots? It's the best days of the convention. Sunday, is when it starts dying off.

Like I said, it might just be me, but it would've been nice to have a Saturday for straight people

princesskitty18

Quote from: batmanuel on May 16, 2012, 03:32:50 PM
I have nothing against LGBT community but did they really need both Saturday time slots? It's the best days of the convention. Sunday, is when it starts dying off.

Like I said, it might just be me, but it would've been nice to have a Saturday for straight people

i personally completely agree with you
i have a lot of plans on sunday because of the black and white ball and i had been plannin on doin the speed dating event on saturday
but then i found out that both saturday slots are for the LGBT community and that kinda put a damper in my plans

it seems to make more sense to have LGBT on both saturday and sunday
since theres two slots per day, then one LGBT one and one straight one on both saturday and sunday seems to make the most sense
im still gonna go on sunday maybe but ill be kinda swamped for time personally
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

shiyamiro

When will we know which day we are assigned to? If we are assigned days at all?