FanimeCon 2012 Speeddating: Official Thread!

Started by yaki-ika, February 21, 2012, 10:00:25 PM

princesskitty18

Quote from: renalcul on May 17, 2012, 10:47:58 PM
There are 3 hetero events and 2 LGBT events.

15 x 3 is 45.

OH YEAAAAAA...
forgot abotu that
okay :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

airanimechiic

Quote from: renalcul on May 17, 2012, 10:27:51 PM
15 slots for each gender for each hetero event.

45 slots for straight dudes, 45 slots for straight ladies.

there is no wait list this year. So if there are any no shows we'll pull from whoever manages to be there hoping to get in.

what about the slots for the LGBT events? The thing is i signed up for all events Friday and Saturday, but if I don't receive an email for a time slot, does that mean I show up on Friday or Saturday to try to get in earlier? (I prefer Saturday though because I have more time that day)
Also, when do we receive an email about a time slot?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: airanimechiic on May 18, 2012, 03:19:23 AM
Quote from: renalcul on May 17, 2012, 10:27:51 PM
15 slots for each gender for each hetero event.

45 slots for straight dudes, 45 slots for straight ladies.

there is no wait list this year. So if there are any no shows we'll pull from whoever manages to be there hoping to get in.

what about the slots for the LGBT events? The thing is i signed up for all events Friday and Saturday, but if I don't receive an email for a time slot, does that mean I show up on Friday or Saturday to try to get in earlier? (I prefer Saturday though because I have more time that day)

Also, when do we receive an email about a time slot?

There are two events for the LGBT community on Saturday from 2-4PM and 4-6PM. If you signed up for the LGBT events and received a spot, we will email you a confirmation in regards to that.

airanimechiic, if you signed up for Friday and Saturday and DID not receive a conformation email for a specific time slot, then yes, if you wish to participate in the Speed Dating events you should come to get in line at-con. We recommend you come before the actual start times of 2PM and 4PM to increase your chances of participating in the event if you are waiting at-con. If you prefer Saturday, then please come earlier than 2pm or 4pm to try to get in.

Emails will be sent out ASAP and we cannot give a designated date. But as mentioned, we do respect everyone's concerns and are working on emailing confirmations asap. Any further similar questions of "when will the email be sent out?" will be directed to my many variety of responses.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

TheMaKaKi

Since this is a new page, I will post a brief FAQ for all you eager fans!

• When will I receive my confirmation email about my specific date/times?: We will absolutely email you before FanimeCon starts. We have been working diligently to process everyone's registration and filling up spaces on a rolling basis. We appreciate your understanding and patience, so please be on a look out and check your email!
------------------
  • It's FanimeCon Day already, and I did not receive a confirmation email...Why?: Due to the popularity of our event, our online registration sign-ups are first-come, first-served basis since May 1st. Chances are that we were unable to place you in one of our Speed Dating events due to the volume of registration requests.
------------------
  • What can I do if I do not receive a confirmation email with a specific time/date? Can I email you and ask for one?: No please do not email or post on the forums requesting a date/time because all the spots HAVE BEEN FILLED! We cannot do anything at that point regardless. What you can do is...(1) Choose which date and time you want to attend, (2) Show up earlier than 2PM or 4PM (start times) to get in line and wait at-con for a possible spot, and (3) You are able to participate if someone who previously registered FAILS to show up to the event.In San Carlos Room on the HILTON Side! Not Marriott!
------------------
  • So if I wait like 5 hours in line before the Speed Dating event, I'll get a spot right?: No, please refer to my last answer! We only have so many spots during the Speed Dating event to accommodate the number of people. So please plan accordingly if you want to wait at-con.
------------------
  • Is there a waitlist so I can avoid waiting at-con?: No, this year we decided to not do waitlist emails and just make it simple- first-come, first-served at-con wait line!
------------------
  • Okay, yeah I received a confirmation email! What should I do next?: Congrats! Please remember to come earlier than 2PM or 4PM for us to confirm your identity and mark you down for the event.
------------------
  • How can I prepare for Speed Dating exactly?: You can't really! AND that's the fun of it! Just be yourself and know that this is meant to be an enjoyable experience for everyone. You are NOT obligated in any way to reveal your personal information.
------------------
  • Are there other rules I have to abide by?: Yes, as a FanimeCon attendee, you must abide by the con and convention rules. We will explain Speed Dating in more details during the event. So don't worry!
------------------
  • I am so excited to meet my soulmate and get many matches!: Whoa STOP! We, the Speed Dating Staff, do NOT guarantee you may get any matches or that you'll meet your soulmate... We will match you based on your three top choices and if the other party matches you as well, then we will provide the appropriate contact information to respective parties. Be forewarned, you may not get ANY matches. So may the odds be ever in your favor!
------------------
  • I honestly read through this whole thing and you still didn't answer my question: Then please post on the forums and we will answer you asap. If you are asking a question that is already in this FAQ...  :-\

Lastly, we apologize if some of the information may be confusing. Please do not worry about the numbers or logistics of the actual event itself. We, the staff, are honored to do the logistical work for you. All you have to do is cross your fingers, check your email, and enjoy Speed Dating!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

virilevocalist

Just to be clear, the confirmation emails look like this, right?

QuoteHello! A new application is in the database!

Sincerely,
The Speed Dating Application site
FanimeCon Alchemy 2012
Contact Information

Name:   <Your Name>
Email:    <Your Email>
Phone:   <Your Phone #>

Background Information

Orientation:    <Your Orientation>

Time Slots

Fri 5/25 8pm-10pm:    <Yes/No>
Sat 5/26 2pm-4pm:    <Yes/No>
Sat 5/26 4pm-6pm:    <Yes/No>
Sun 5/27 2pm-4pm:    <Yes/No>
Sun 5/27 4pm-6pm:    <Yes/No>
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 18, 2012, 08:00:38 AM
Just to be clear, the confirmation emails look like this, right?

Hello virilevocalist,

We have not yet sent out the confirmation emails for your specific date/time yet. The first automatic email you received was an acknowledgment that you signed up with us! The confirmation email WILL state your specific date/time. Thank you!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

avemcul

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 18, 2012, 06:00:42 AM

• It's FanimeCon Day already, and I did not receive a confirmation email...Why?: Due to the popularity of our event, our online registration sign-ups are first-come, first-served basis since May 1st. Chances are that we were unable to place you in one of our Speed Dating events due to the volume of registration requests.

I realize that the letters haven't been sent out yet, but to save us the trouble of possibly waiting until Day One, can it please be notified on the forum when the confirmation e-mails get officially sent out?
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

virilevocalist

Quote from: ohaves on May 21, 2012, 03:12:15 PM
I realize that the letters haven't been sent out yet, but to save us the trouble of possibly waiting until Day One, can it please be notified on the forum when the confirmation e-mails get officially sent out?
This. I agree. It'll certainly help people plan their convention weekend better.
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

lovelessneko

I just got my confirmation guys. Can't wait to see you fine lads on Friday ;3
Fanime 2012 Cosplay!!
Princess Bubblegum
Angel Stocking
FEM!Hibari or Bianchi
Fran (maybe...)

yaki-ika

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 21, 2012, 04:48:12 PM
Quote from: ohaves on May 21, 2012, 03:12:15 PM
This. I agree. It'll certainly help people plan their convention weekend better.

Hello,

As Speed Dating head, I apologize for the last minute confirmation. I wanted to wait as long as possible to give as many people a chance to submit their application, but did not think of how it may affect an attendee's scheduling. I will definitely keep this in mind for next year :) Your feedback is always appreciated. Thank you for being so patient with me and my lovely staff!

Lordsnow

Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Aoiro

Got the confirmation for Friday! See y'all~ C:
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

TheMaKaKi

There you hear from the Head herself :D

FanimeCon Speed Dating Confirmation for Specific Times/Dates have been EMAILED OUT!

If you do not receive an email by TOMORROW MORNING, 5/22/12, then you did not receive a spot in the event due to the high volume of registration requests! Please come to our event and wait at-con, first-come first-served in line. We can't wait to MEET YOU!

donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

RadicalEdward

Dude, I signed up on the first day and didn't get a confirmation email :(

princesskitty18

Quote from: RadicalEdward on May 21, 2012, 10:01:18 PM
Dude, I signed up on the first day and didn't get a confirmation email :(

chill...maybe ull get an email later
they did say by tomorrow morning
so keep hoping!

tacticial

I honestly don't remember if I did register because I'm looking through my e-mail and I did not receive an acknowledgment e-mail. However, one of the posters who copy-and-pasted the format of the application form reminded me that I filled it out while I was at work. I didn't want to wait in any lines during my last (and 1st) visit to Fanime-Con, but this was definitely one of the things I was looking forward to the most. It's not going to be a beautiful start if I didn't get in.
"Life isn't a game. Press start to begin."

yaki-ika

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to see that some people are getting their confirmation emails :)

However, it looks like some people are missing their emails. First, let me say that there was an OVERWHELMING amount of applicants this year. Even if you signed up on May 1st (when sign-ups began), you are not guaranteed a spot. We are looking to expand next year to help with this problem.

Also, please make sure to check your spam filter. My confirmation emails have been known to get caught by spam filters and therefore caused some grief for attendees. Definitely check that out before you assume you didn't get anything.

Lastly, some people signed up via email this year even when the forums and website made clear that sign-ups were closed. I only opened up the sign-ups on May 1st through a form. I know that emailing the speed dating email address was what was used last year, but we used a form this year. So if you signed up way ahead of time by emailing me, your application was not considered.

I sent out all the confirmation emails tonight, so you should be getting them very soon (if not already).

Remember: even if you didn't get in, you should still try and line up! There are always no-shows and latebirds :) I'm quite picky about punctuality, so if a registered person is more than 5 minutes late, their spot will be revoked.

Please continue to post your concerns on the forums :) I'm always happy to help!

Thanks,

Jade

princesskitty18

Quote from: yaki-ika on May 21, 2012, 10:12:38 PM
Also, please make sure to check your spam filter. My confirmation emails have been known to get caught by spam filters and therefore caused some grief for attendees. Definitely check that out before you assume you didn't get anything.
good call about the spam filter
i just checked and i got mine
awesome! :D

tacticial

When completing the form when it was available on May 1st, the applicant should have been able to receive an acknowledgment e-mail? If I didn't receive an acknowledgment e-mail, I wouldn't be able to receive an confirmation?
"Life isn't a game. Press start to begin."

shiyamiro

So from what I gathered from this thread, all heterosexual, male spots were filled on May 1st? Because I didn't get my confirmation, and I signed up late-ish that day (since you said signing up on 5/1 didn't guarantee a spot, I'm assuming this was the case.)