FanimeCon 2012 Speeddating: Official Thread!

Started by yaki-ika, February 21, 2012, 10:00:25 PM

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: shiyamiro on May 21, 2012, 10:25:56 PM
So from what I gathered from this thread, all heterosexual, male spots were filled on May 1st? Because I didn't get my confirmation, and I signed up late-ish that day (since you said signing up on 5/1 didn't guarantee a spot, I'm assuming this was the case.)

We are just stating that if you signed up on 5/1/12 it may or may not have placed you in a time slot. The initial acknowledgment email that you registered should have been automatic.

Perhaps people clear their Spam folders and it got Trashed? We cannot account for your email actions.

If you signed up later that day, you may or may not have gotten a spot also depending on what time/dates you wanted. We have no guarantees for anyone regardless of their gender or sexual preferences.

Please check your spam and email by tomorrow morning to see if you received a confirmation email. For registration, we take a first-come, first-served basis for requests based on your preferences. We, the Staff, strive diligently to make the process as fair as possible and enjoyable for all. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best of luck!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Bushido

Quick question. During these 5 minute rounds are we sitting? I'm debating whether or not if I want to arrive in costume and my armor does not leave room to sit normally.
TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

princesskitty18

Quote from: Bushido on May 21, 2012, 10:57:14 PM
Quick question. During these 5 minute rounds are we sitting? I'm debating whether or not if I want to arrive in costume and my armor does not leave room to sit normally.
as far as my past experience is concerned, you will be sitting
and then either the females will stay seated and the males move, or vica versa
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

TheMaKaKi

Yes you are sitting and for the non-LBGT, gentlemen are going to rotate around. For LBGT, we are going to just pick a side to rotate.

Anyone may wear their cosplay, but forewarn to be cautious about space! You may take parts of your costume off while speed dating. It is entirely up to you and your comfortableness.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 21, 2012, 10:59:05 PM
as far as my past experience is concerned, you will be sitting
and then either the females will stay seated and the males move, or vica versa

Thanks princesskitty :) appreciate your contribution to our thread! We love our supporters <3
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

princesskitty18

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 21, 2012, 11:01:17 PM
Thanks princesskitty :) appreciate your contribution to our thread! We love our supporters <3

no prob no prob!
did it the past two years and it was fun

so... i got into the event, but unfortunately i think that i'm gonna have to skip :(
i need to be at the b&w ball by 5 to help set up and wit the event endin at 4, thats cutting it too close for me to change and get over to parkside
so if you want to take me off the list (sunday 2-4pm J.Ko) then you can open it up to other ppl
thought id give you guys a heads up since i decided that already :D

avemcul

So I got my confirmation e-mail for Friday, but I'm still waiting on a friend of mine to get his before I start planning my weekend out. On the off chance that he get his confirmation e-mail for Sunday instead, would trading spots with someone for that day be okay? If not, I would understand but I had to ask.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

kane64

I assume that the confirmations are being sent out right now then? Cause I haven't gotten one yet. I hope I get Friday's...
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

virilevocalist

I haven't gotten mine either. Ah well. I guess I'll check again tomorrow, and if not, oh well. Next year.
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

RedGxHenshin

I dont think im getting one either because I signed up 5/1 sometime in the evening. Unless it was in my spam folder but I doubt it. Who was the name of the sender?
Fanime 2016 cosplay line-up: Takeru Tenkuji (Kamen Rider Ghost), Sorey (Tales of Zestiria), Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

princesskitty18

Quote from: RedGxHenshin on May 22, 2012, 12:13:16 AM
I dont think im getting one either because I signed up 5/1 sometime in the evening. Unless it was in my spam folder but I doubt it. Who was the name of the sender?
Please check your spam folder cuz that's where I found mine

Freedom Op666

Looked everywhere and no email. Fingers crossed that I can get in later though. :D
Hit me up on any of my accounts.

tacticial

Hey your Highness (princesskitty), is the B&W ball more fun than the speed dating event?
"Life isn't a game. Press start to begin."

tacticial

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 21, 2012, 11:04:11 PM

no prob no prob!
did it the past two years and it was fun

so... i got into the event, but unfortunately i think that i'm gonna have to skip :(
i need to be at the b&w ball by 5 to help set up and wit the event endin at 4, thats cutting it too close for me to change and get over to parkside
so if you want to take me off the list (sunday 2-4pm J.Ko) then you can open it up to other ppl
thought id give you guys a heads up since i decided that already :D

Hey your Highness, is the B&W ball more fun?
"Life isn't a game. Press start to begin."

princesskitty18

Quote from: Freedom Op666 on May 22, 2012, 06:52:36 AM
Looked everywhere and no email. Fingers crossed that I can get in later though. :D
did u check ur spam? if u did and u still didnt get an email, definitely try goin to the event and bein on the waitlist

Quote from: tacticial on May 22, 2012, 06:59:16 AM
Hey your Highness (princesskitty), is the B&W ball more fun than the speed dating event?
hahaha cute :D i like bein called highness haha
both events are fun but i have a personal preference for the ball just because i like dancing and ive gone to the ball every year that ive gone to fanime
if you're listed for sunday, you can definitely go to speed dating and then the ball afterward. i just need to be there early to help set up cuz im staff
the actual ball itself starts at 6 so u can go to it :)
do both! they're both really fun :D
heres the link: http://www.fanime.com/events/black-white-ball/
check it out

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: ohaves on May 21, 2012, 11:53:41 PM
So I got my confirmation e-mail for Friday, but I'm still waiting on a friend of mine to get his before I start planning my weekend out. On the off chance that he get his confirmation e-mail for Sunday instead, would trading spots with someone for that day be okay? If not, I would understand but I had to ask.

Hello ohaves,

Unfortunately after we place you in a time slot and email confirmations, we cannot switch time slots around for anyone. This is to ensure the fairness for everyone who has registered and honor their requests. If registered people happen to be late or no-shows for any day, their spot goes to at-con attendees who waited in line. Best of luck and hope that everything works out for you!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: tacticial on May 22, 2012, 08:55:24 AM
Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 21, 2012, 11:04:11 PM

Hey your Highness, is the B&W ball more fun?

Please direct all inquiries about other events in their appropriate thread forums. This thread forum is specifically for Speed Dating, and we do not compare events based on "fun-ness." All FanimeCon Staff have worked hard to prepare their events and all events are fun regardless. Apologies to those who were not placed in a time slot and we understand your concerns in terms of participation, but if you're really curious and enthusiastic about Speed Dating still, we recommend you wait at-con! We hope to expand Speed Dating next year as well to accommodate the high volume of requests for our event. Please keep supporting us and giving us your feedback! We appreciate it :)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

avemcul

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 22, 2012, 11:51:05 AM
Quote from: ohaves on May 21, 2012, 11:53:41 PM

Hello ohaves,

Unfortunately after we place you in a time slot and email confirmations, we cannot switch time slots around for anyone. This is to ensure the fairness for everyone who has registered and honor their requests. If registered people happen to be late or no-shows for any day, their spot goes to at-con attendees who waited in line. Best of luck and hope that everything works out for you!

Thank you and I understand completely. I figured switching was a long shot, haha. Also, based on previous speed dating events, what would be the best time to line up at the con to hopefully score a spot in the event? My friend is still interested in coming on Friday, so he would like to try his chances at the lines.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: ohaves on May 22, 2012, 12:32:38 PM

Thank you and I understand completely. I figured switching was a long shot, haha. Also, based on previous speed dating events, what would be the best time to line up at the con to hopefully score a spot in the event? My friend is still interested in coming on Friday, so he would like to try his chances at the lines.

Based on previous Speed Dating events (not an official recommendation from Speed Dating staff), attendees lined up as early as 1 hour before the event and some have gotten in. However, Friday does seem to be our most popular event thus far. There is big anticipation for our first Speed Dating event!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

avemcul

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 22, 2012, 02:03:18 PM
Quote from: ohaves on May 22, 2012, 12:32:38 PM

Based on previous Speed Dating events (not an official recommendation from Speed Dating staff), attendees lined up as early as 1 hour before the event and some have gotten in. However, Friday does seem to be our most popular event thus far. There is big anticipation for our first Speed Dating event!

Ah, okay then. We were planning on an hour or so early, so that works out. Thanks so much for your help!
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE