FanimeCon 2012 Speeddating: Official Thread!

Started by yaki-ika, February 21, 2012, 10:00:25 PM

Chronopunk

Myself and a couple of other convention attendees have a question regarding the slotting for the Speed Dating event, and we'd like a straight answer, if we could have one please.

What influence, if any, did an applicants age have to do with their being slotted?

Thank you kindly in advance.

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: Chronopunk on May 22, 2012, 05:59:26 PM
Myself and a couple of other convention attendees have a question regarding the slotting for the Speed Dating event, and we'd like a straight answer, if we could have one please.

What influence, if any, did an applicants age have to do with their being slotted?

Hello Chronopunk,

For this year's Speed Dating event, age did not have any influence in applicants' placement for the time slots. As reiterated it is first-come, first-served based on your preferences of dates and times. Good luck!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Chronopunk

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 22, 2012, 06:12:25 PM
Quote from: Chronopunk on May 22, 2012, 05:59:26 PM

Hello Chronopunk,

For this year's Speed Dating event, age did not have any influence in applicants' placement for the time slots. As reiterated it is first-come, first-served based on your preferences of dates and times. Good luck!

Interesting, thank you. I know that I got my app in on the 2nd, but the people reading this over my shoulder both claim they got theirs in on the 1st. Fast enough, they surmise, that it makes them wonder why a FCFS slotting wouldn't have included them.

I'll prod them to check their actual sign up times again, to make sure.

Is it possible to give us an idea how many applicants actually submitted themselves for each slot? Thanks!

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: Chronopunk on May 22, 2012, 06:27:48 PM

Interesting, thank you. I know that I got my app in on the 2nd, but the people reading this over my shoulder both claim they got theirs in on the 1st. Fast enough, they surmise, that it makes them wonder why a FCFS slotting wouldn't have included them.

I'll prod them to check their actual sign up times again, to make sure.

Is it possible to give us an idea how many applicants actually submitted themselves for each slot? Thanks!

Even on the first day, as mentioned by our Head, we had an overwhelming number of requests and placement was based by preferences of date and times. The first guys/girls who signed up for the specific time slots received the spot, and all your registration goes to our database which was thoroughly sorted by our Staff. We can reassure everyone that our Staff looked at all the Registrations to make sure that there were no repeats or nonsensical registrations.

Just be reassured that we, the Staff, have thoroughly looked through the registration to make the process as fair as possible. We are aware of factors that might account into an attendee's placement. It could be that your friends signed up for a very popular time slot and it was already filled up. We are very busy right now with Fanime being two days away and cannot accommodate all requests in regards to Registration logistics. We hope you understand our position. We rather dedicate the little time to making Speed Dating awesome! If you and your friends want to wait, then we welcome you to stop by our event. Friday seems to be very popular and exciting due to our first grand opening. So you can stop by Friday, Saturday, or Sunday if you want! Thank you.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

kane64

I have a question, has all the emails for the preregistration for the speed dating been sent out? And if so, is there anyway to get a resubmission of said email? I may have not gotten it or it some how got deleted from my spam folder.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

HarpB

bollucks. Did not get in.
I shall be waving into the room with my face pressed against the window.

RedGxHenshin

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 22, 2012, 06:45:27 AM
Quote from: RedGxHenshin on May 22, 2012, 12:13:16 AM
I dont think im getting one either because I signed up 5/1 sometime in the evening. Unless it was in my spam folder but I doubt it. Who was the name of the sender?
Please check your spam folder cuz that's where I found mine

I checked, didn't see any but I'm still worried that I missed it and deleted it on accident since i get alot of spam on my email account. But I'm sure I didn't get in anyway since I saw a few others posted that they didn't get an email for a spot and they registered late in the evening.
I'm upset that I will have to wait in line again because I did last year and still didn't get in. I got there 30 mins before it started so this year I'll try 1 hour before it starts.   :(
Fanime 2016 cosplay line-up: Takeru Tenkuji (Kamen Rider Ghost), Sorey (Tales of Zestiria), Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

renalcul

Quote from: daiphyer.com on May 22, 2012, 08:29:52 PM
its creepier when you realize we're on the second floor

Asa_Gohan

Quote from: renalcul on May 22, 2012, 11:23:24 PM
That ain't creeper, that's dedication!

Also, if our application got put into the database that means we got in correct?

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

shiyamiro

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on May 23, 2012, 12:31:24 AM
Quote from: renalcul on May 22, 2012, 11:23:24 PM
That ain't creeper, that's dedication!

Also, if our application got put into the database that means we got in correct?

That is not what it means. Slot confirmations were sent out last night. If you did not receive anything last night, you did not get in.

Asa_Gohan

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

kane64

If that's true, then I did not get in?? That doesn't make any sense since they said there were a lot of seats left... wtf
-Deaf Pedestrians

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: kane64 on May 23, 2012, 01:26:50 AM
If that's true, then I did not get in?? That doesn't make any sense since they said there were a lot of seats left... wtf

As mentioned, all Confirmation Emails with registered attendee's specific times and dates have been sent out LAST NIGHT. If you did not receive a separate email last night confirming your SPECIFIC time and date, then all our spots have been filled up and we could not place you in a time slot. We place attendees in time slots based on preferences for date and times on a first-come, first-served basis. We never stated that there were a lot of seats left. Actually to the contrary, we kept saying that this is a popular event with an overwhelming amount of requests. Hoping to expand next year with your supports!

If you think you received a confirmation email last night but missed it, please check your Spam folder and Trash folder. If you deleted it, it should still exist in your Trash folder or somewhere in your email (unless you completely wiped out your email).

We encourage you all to still drop by our Speed Dating events and wait in line if you're really gun-ho about it! Best of luck :)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

kane64

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 23, 2012, 01:38:44 AM
As mentioned, all Confirmation Emails with registered attendee's specific times and dates have been sent out LAST NIGHT. If you did not receive a separate email last night confirming your SPECIFIC time and date, then all our spots have been filled up and we could not place you in a time slot. We place attendees in time slots based on preferences for date and times on a first-come, first-served basis. We never stated that there were a lot of seats left. Actually to the contrary, we kept saying that this is a popular event with an overwhelming amount of requests. Hoping to expand next year with your supports!

If you think you received a confirmation email last night but missed it, please check your Spam folder and Trash folder. If you deleted it, it should still exist in your Trash folder or somewhere in your email (unless you completely wiped out your email).

We encourage you all to still drop by our Speed Dating events and wait in line if you're really gun-ho about it! Best of luck :)
That saddens me that I did not get a confirmation email. Well then, I hope that I can then get in at the door then on one of the non-LGBT days.
-Deaf Pedestrians

windowrunner

So... I got the confirmation email, however I am no longer able to attend.  :-[
Who should I contact so my slot can be filled in with someone else?

Freedom Op666

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 22, 2012, 10:36:38 AM
Quote from: Freedom Op666 on May 22, 2012, 06:52:36 AM
Looked everywhere and no email. Fingers crossed that I can get in later though. :D
did u check ur spam? if u did and u still didnt get an email, definitely try goin to the event and bein on the waitlist

That's what I might end up doing. Checked the spam and inbox and found nothing. That's fine though. Can't wait til Fanime! Whooo!!!
Hit me up on any of my accounts.

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: windowrunner on May 23, 2012, 06:13:54 AM
So... I got the confirmation email, however I am no longer able to attend.  :-[
Who should I contact so my slot can be filled in with someone else?

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your courteous updates if you received a confirmation email for a specific time slot but cannot make it. If you cannot make it, then do not fret. We will just mark you down as a no-show and give your spot to an at-con attendee waiting in line. No need to formally tell us, we will take care of it!

There will be no-shows and late birds! So stop by and get in-line EARLY for Speed Dating if you did not get a specific time slot!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

virilevocalist

Quotehttp://www.livescience.com/culture/090929-women-dating.html
New studies suggest that the selectivity is based on which gender is seated and which is rotating. This new study showed that when men were seated and the women rotated, the men were more selective.

Interesting.   :D
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

princesskitty18

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 23, 2012, 04:07:00 PM
Quotehttp://www.livescience.com/culture/090929-women-dating.html
New studies suggest that the selectivity is based on which gender is seated and which is rotating. This new study showed that when men were seated and the women rotated, the men were more selective.

Interesting.   :D
hahhaa they should try that XD
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

TheMaKaKi

ATTENTION EVERYONE, THE ROOM FOR SPEED DATING IS THE SAN CARLOS ROOM IN THE HILTON SIDE! NOT THE MARRIOTT SIDE. Please spread the word! Thank you!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com