FanimeCon 2012 Speeddating: Official Thread!

Started by yaki-ika, February 21, 2012, 10:00:25 PM

jolliBEAST

welllp, no confirmation. I guess I'll check out the line on Sunday. Otherwise, there is always next time...

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 23, 2012, 08:49:06 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE, THE ROOM FOR SPEED DATING IS THE SAN CARLOS ROOM IN THE HILTON SIDE! NOT THE MARRIOTT SIDE. Please spread the word! Thank you!

Just wanted to quote it to this page!!!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

TheMaKaKi

T-Minus 22 hrs! YAY!

Please post your burning questions or comments TONIGHT! Starting tomorrow, we, the Staff, cannot guarantee an immediate or 24 hour-turnaround for answering questions via forum or email. Although we will try our very best! You can also VISIT US during our Speed Dating Events. Staff is identifiable by our Staff BADGES. We will also have lovely Rovers and Volunteers assisting us during our events :)

FRIDAY: 8-10 PM

SATURDAY: 2-4PM LGBT
SATURDAY: 4-6PM LGBT

SUNDAY: 2-4PM
SUNDAY: 4-6PM

ALL IN THE SAN CARLOS ROOM ON THE HILTON HOTEL SIDE.

For Pre-Registered Attendees, Don't forget your PICTURE ID and don't be late!

For Enthusiastic At-Con Waiting Attendees, COME EARLY! You will LOVE it ;)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

renalcul

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 24, 2012, 10:41:39 PM
For Enthusiastic At-Con Waiting Attendees, COME EARLY! You will LOVE it ;)

You also should not forget your photo IDs.

Tattoosonic

I have a question. i signed up the first day we were able to do speed dating. conformation email that said i am in the data base and has the selected dates and yes on the day i wanted. Looking on the forums it said another email should of been sent out. Should i go with the one i got the first day i signed up for it or should i get another in an email?

kane64

Quote from: Tattoosonc on May 25, 2012, 06:35:56 PM
I have a question. i signed up the first day we were able to do speed dating. conformation email that said i am in the data base and has the selected dates and yes on the day i wanted. Looking on the forums it said another email should of been sent out. Should i go with the one i got the first day i signed up for it or should i get another in an email?
There was suppose to be another email that said that you were confirmed for that day. The one you got was simply saying that they received your request for that day.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

logtheman

Did anyone who didn't get an email but just showed up get into the event Friday? How early did people start lining up?

Rhornez

still forever alone, missed the speed dating. FUUU

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

kane64

"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

RoseLove19

I missed it to. I wish I could've gone this year. Oh well work is worth it at least.

airanimechiic

Hey everyone, warning- Don't get your hopes up too much. I got a match, but we lived too far away from each other to actually date. So unfortunate scenario there.
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

spycker

wasnt people suppose to get a text if they had a match? or something in that matter? -.-

renalcul

Quote from: spycker on June 01, 2012, 12:47:26 AM
wasnt people suppose to get a text if they had a match? or something in that matter? -.-
What day did you go?

spycker

Quote from: renalcul on June 01, 2012, 01:35:31 AM
What day did you go?

All days..and when I got there like a few minutes late they wouldnt let me in, even if i registered which sucked.

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: spycker on June 01, 2012, 10:53:14 AM
Quote from: renalcul on June 01, 2012, 01:35:31 AM
What day did you go?

All days..and when I got there like a few minutes late they wouldnt let me in, even if i registered which sucked.

To clarify: If you received a confirmed Congratulatory email, we specifically told attendees to come 10 minutes prior to their event (ex. come 1:50PM, if the event started at 2PM). Any attendee who received a specific time slot was granted participation in ONE Speed Dating events. We did not allow someone to register and receive a time slot for all Speed Dating days. During FanimeCon, we had many attendees wait prior to the event, and daily, we would even wait until 5 minutes after the hour to ensure all confirmed pre-registered attendees got in first. Which probably means that you could have arrived after 5-10 minutes of the hour and forfeited your spot. We, the Staff, try to be very punctual and professional to ensure fairness for all attendees.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: airanimechiic on June 01, 2012, 12:44:36 AM
Hey everyone, warning- Don't get your hopes up too much. I got a match, but we lived too far away from each other to actually date. So unfortunate scenario there.

Hello airanimechiic,

I do remember you during the Speed Dating event and believe that I liked your cosplay :).
I apologize for the unfortunate scenario but hoped you had fun regardless. Please participate again next year as we continue to expand improve!
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

spycker

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 01, 2012, 11:14:28 AM

To clarify: If you received a confirmed Congratulatory email, we specifically told attendees to come 10 minutes prior to their event (ex. come 1:50PM, if the event started at 2PM). Any attendee who received a specific time slot was granted participation in ONE Speed Dating events. We did not allow someone to register and receive a time slot for all Speed Dating days. During FanimeCon, we had many attendees wait prior to the event, and daily, we would even wait until 5 minutes after the hour to ensure all confirmed pre-registered attendees got in first. Which probably means that you could have arrived after 5-10 minutes of the hour and forfeited your spot. We, the Staff, try to be very punctual and professional to ensure fairness for all attendees.

GREAT 0.0 it was my old temporary number which was in the profile :'( and not my permanent, i missed out because of a simple mistake :'(

Phone:   7076315529 <- this is the culprit!
Background Information

Orientation:    Heterosexual / straight
Time Slots

Fri 5/25 8pm-10pm:    Yes
Sat 5/26 2pm-4pm:    No
Sat 5/26 4pm-6pm:    No
Sun 5/27 2pm-4pm:    Yes
Sun 5/27 4pm-6pm:    No

airanimechiic

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 01, 2012, 11:16:00 AM
Quote from: airanimechiic on June 01, 2012, 12:44:36 AM

Hello airanimechiic,

I do remember you during the Speed Dating event and believe that I liked your cosplay :).
I apologize for the unfortunate scenario but hoped you had fun regardless. Please participate again next year as we continue to expand improve!

oh  :-[ >< thanks (it was hungary from hetalia for a panel id be doing later)
hehe yeah it did. i did end up having a couple pple (from the event actually!) to hang out with for the rest of the con while we were all still in san jose keke
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Amanojaku

To those that were involved in the selection process for the speed dating:  What was the age of the oldest person you selected?
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: spycker on June 01, 2012, 12:24:18 PM
Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 01, 2012, 11:14:28 AM

GREAT 0.0 it was my old temporary number which was in the profile :'( and not my permanent, i missed out because of a simple mistake :'(

Phone:   7076315529 <- this is the culprit!
Background Information

Orientation:    Heterosexual / straight
Time Slots

Fri 5/25 8pm-10pm:    Yes
Sat 5/26 2pm-4pm:    No
Sat 5/26 4pm-6pm:    No
Sun 5/27 2pm-4pm:    Yes
Sun 5/27 4pm-6pm:    No

Hello spycker,

Just to clarify, this was not the Congratulatory confirmation email. It had to say "CONGRATULATIONS" in the beginning of the email with instructions and a specific time/date from the Speed Dating staff. Hope you'll sign up with us again next year! Best of luck
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com