Portable chairs etc... for Day 0 line

Started by CosplayDevotee, February 29, 2012, 10:26:06 PM

CosplayDevotee

I was just wondering since I haven't tried bringing any before (but have seen others do so), what is the word on bringing either small blow up chairs, lawn chairs or even pillows? I've seen all manner of Boom boxes, body pillows, blankets, laptops and even games systems...but I want to make sure what I bring is allowed cuz I don't want to lug it all the way there and have to take it back up to the hotel room. My group shows up very early on Day 0 (sometimes as early as 10:30...and before ppl start saying "I GET THERE AT 8!!!!!!! RAWR RAWR!!!" I am very aware some people do so hahaha. ;D) and by the time the line starts moving...I feel like my tail bone has worked its way completely out of my butt...among other things. So, what is and is not allowed during the wait for Day 0 badge pick up?

heeroyuy135

You can bring portable chairs to Day Zero. I've seen people do it before

ewu

be sure that although you may sit on it, it is not obstructive.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Dany

Quote from: ewu on February 29, 2012, 11:47:08 PM

THIS! Also, make sure it's portable..you don't want to feel like you're overburdened with your stuff because once the line starts to move, it'll be moving just enough that you will just be getting comfortable..and then you have to move.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Haunterluvcookies

I think the lines are what I am not looking forward to! :-\ I am trying to think of things to bring and entertain myself, though a chair does sound nice.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: ewu on February 29, 2012, 11:47:08 PM
I was planning on bringing either tiny lawn chairs or pillows. So as long as it sticks within the taped lines & can be easily picked up should the lines move, that would be okay?

ewu

Quote from: Affliction on March 01, 2012, 07:10:03 PM
I was planning on bringing either tiny lawn chairs or pillows. So as long as it sticks within the taped lines & can be easily picked up should the lines move, that would be okay?

Should be ok, but make sure its within reason
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: ewu on March 02, 2012, 01:32:54 AM
Quote from: Affliction on March 01, 2012, 07:10:03 PM

Should be ok, but make sure its within reason

Would you say this was within reason?

http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Inflatable-Chair-Blue/dp/B005VEIA3E/ref=sr_1_9?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1335927007&sr=1-9

ewu

not really, looking for something smaller than your footprint and can be easily and quickly moved. (think folding) Also, something that would not be too much of an obstruction in the case of an emergency.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: ewu on May 01, 2012, 08:05:55 PM
not really, looking for something smaller than your footprint and can be easily and quickly moved. (think folding) Also, something that would not be too much of an obstruction in the case of an emergency.
I get everything above but "smaller than your foot print." people bring blankets, pillows, boom boxes (not cd players boom boxes) and last year the first person in line had a baby carriage. Not trying to be difficult or cheeky but smaller than a foot print? Is that an expression?  ???

ewu

sitting footprint...not bigger than thy toosh, tookus, rear end, butt :)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: ewu on May 01, 2012, 08:33:05 PM
sitting footprint...not bigger than thy toosh, tookus, rear end, butt :)
Okay phew lol. I figured as much but wasn't sure. K, I'll try something more along those lines. Thank you for your continued help regarding this  ;D

weirderraindrop