Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

Maskenlav

there is. I forgot the name of it, just after downtown. Walking takes about 20 mins but its a all you can eat bar. You pay once then eat til you drop dead lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Haunterluvcookies

we should like list three places that are realtivly cheap and vote on them.... thats my suggestion.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 18, 2012, 03:09:57 PM
we should like list three places that are realtivly cheap and vote on them.... thats my suggestion.

good idea! should we have the minimum budget at $10 and maximum at $20? Lets suggest one place per lower, mid, and max budget!

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 18, 2012, 03:04:48 PM
there is. I forgot the name of it, just after downtown. Walking takes about 20 mins but its a all you can eat bar. You pay once then eat til you drop dead lol

i think it was sushi infinity that's on the Alameda near that burrito chain. Last time i went i think it was $20 a person?

princesskitty18

Quote from: llaaannniiii on May 18, 2012, 03:30:51 PM
i think it was sushi infinity that's on the Alameda near that burrito chain. Last time i went i think it was $20 a person?

$20 for all you can eat sushi? ill take it personally
but if we dont go there as a group, i might swing by wit my boo and check it out :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

llaaannniiii

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 18, 2012, 03:32:46 PM
Quote from: llaaannniiii on May 18, 2012, 03:30:51 PM

$20 for all you can eat sushi? ill take it personally
but if we dont go there as a group, i might swing by wit my boo and check it out :D

I went during lunch though! So hopefully if the price has changed it wont be by much :)

Haunterluvcookies

I like the idea of a max budget. Also does the sushi bar sell more than sushi?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 18, 2012, 03:46:37 PM

rolls, I think calamari and odon noodles, so it isnt only sushi

llaaannniiii

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 18, 2012, 03:46:37 PM

most sushi places also have bento boxes which gives you choices of teriyaki chicken with tempura and etc

Haunterluvcookies

YAY! Thats good, I will try sushi and mabye get a bento box... always wanted one. So is under 25 a good budget? I don't know how much places down there cost so I am just shooting a number. We have to decide soon cause we have like 6 days before we meet up...
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

we shall storm into that sushi place and claim it ours. FOR FANIMEEEEEEEEE! lol I will go there on my own time too if the group rejects this idea cause I actually WANT to be all out typical otaku this year  :) but where ever the group dines I shall be there lol

JohnnyAR

We can also hit up a cafe later in the weekend if you guys are up to it.

Haunterluvcookies

I want to be OTAKU CRAZY as well. So I am fine with claiming this sushi bar and any other place far fanime! Otaku crazyness at its best!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Kpmonkeygirl

I have not been on this forum for a while, because I thought that I might not be able to go. But I prayed the rosary, and now I can!

So what has been happening in this topic? Too much comments for me to keep up with! >.<
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Maskenlav

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on May 18, 2012, 09:21:16 PM
I have not been on this forum for a while, because I thought that I might not be able to go. But I prayed the rosary, and now I can!

So what has been happening in this topic? Too much comments for me to keep up with! >.<

to sum it all up for ya:
meet-up spot on thursday is confirmed for Marriott second floor big windows at the hallway by the panel rooms. Dinner for thursday night is still up for discussion.

Haunterluvcookies

I am so glad you can come!!!!! Now were just trying to decide were to eat on thursday and friday...
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

royjovero

I don't mean to hijack your guys' thread and all, but if you're looking for somewhere to eat on Thursday night, my group will be taking light rail into Mountain View to eat at Pho Garden. The main attraction will be 3 of us attempting to conquer the Pho Garden Challenge, a bowl of pho with 2 pounds of noodle and 2 pounds of meat. I know it isn't Japanese, but just because it's Fanime doesn't mean you have to be super-J-crazy the whole weekend.

Just thought I'd put it out there...

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: royjovero on May 18, 2012, 09:35:15 PM
I don't mean to hijack your guys' thread and all, but if you're looking for somewhere to eat on Thursday night, my group will be taking light rail into Mountain View to eat at Pho Garden. The main attraction will be 3 of us attempting to conquer the Pho Garden Challenge, a bowl of pho with 2 pounds of noodle and 2 pounds of meat. I know it isn't Japanese, but just because it's Fanime doesn't mean you have to be super-J-crazy the whole weekend.

Just thought I'd put it out there...
I like your way of thinking! ^.- That sounds cool!

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 18, 2012, 09:24:35 PM
Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on May 18, 2012, 09:21:16 PM

to sum it all up for ya:
meet-up spot on thursday is confirmed for Marriott second floor big windows at the hallway by the panel rooms. Dinner for thursday night is still up for discussion.
Okay! Got it!

royjovero

Well if anyone's interested in joining us, PM me for my number. I don't know what time we'll be getting on light rail since we're gonna wait in line to get our badges. And I don't know if we're gonna be meeting up at the Fairmont or just heading on over after we get our badges. So yea, PM me if you're interested and I'll give you my number to text.

The more, the merrier. Especially when huge bowls of pho, along with the inevitable regret and projectile vomit are involved. I, however, plan on winning the challenge and taking the bowl home!

echoshadow

Hoestly I have no idea what a pho bowl is...

@#$%&*! No schedule yet....

@kpmonkeygirl welcome back I kind if wondered what happened to most of the prevoius posters.

Anywho..I shall cast a nay on sushi, I'm not much of fish guy. It really seems like San Pedro Square is a perfect spot for us. Seems like they have a bit of everything.

Everyone enjoy your weekend last chace to make a mad scramble to buy last minute things. I know I am.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List