Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

virilevocalist

Name:
Mode
Time of arrival:
Thursday, if I can get Friday off from work. Or Friday afternoon.
Time of departure:
Monday, end of con.
Events you will go to:
I'm usually in the Asian Film Room, Artists Alley or the dealers room. Maybe a few panels. Karaoke. Musicfest really depends on who's performing. Singing vocals in Rock Band at the Gamer's hall. Maybe I'll try out speed-dating this year?
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention:
Anime/Feature Films: Gungrave, Paprika, MindGame, Hellsing Ultimate, anything seinen and mindfucky, or self-referential and ironic that breaks the 4th wall a lot. I also love a good comedy series.
Manga: I don't know where to begin....
Video Games: I love console RPGs, like Chrono Trigger/Cross, the FF games, Shin Megami Tensei series, etc.
How many times have you been here:
Six. '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '11. This will be my 7th.
What brought you to fanime:
I've loved manga/anime/related subculture for a while now. If it's any indicator of my old fart status, I remember when we had to watch anime on VHS fansubs. Anyway, I live in San Jose, just 10 minutes away by VTA LightRail. My first FanimeCon was during 8th grade. I went back every year until I graduated highschool in '04. Moved for college/work, and came back to the bay area in '11.
One random fact:
I'm a huge music junkie and I sing.
Favorite Fanime memory:
It's a toss-up between these two:
'04: Tamaki Nami added a song to her setlist because I asked her during the autograph session. So many different experiences this year, it feels like a blur...maybe because of how sleep deprived I was, haha. :D In my memory, to this day, it becomes the convention to which I compare all other anime conventions.
'11: It was my first experience at FanimeCon WHILE ALSO being over the drinking age. Enough said, haha. ;D Fanime 2011 felt like the collision of my college state-of-mind and my fandom. It was epic.
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to:
Everything. I'm looking forward to just BEING here. You know how little kids feel when they find out they're going to disneyland for the first time? Yeah. That's how I feel EVERY YEAR <3. And when it's over, I get con-withdrawal and I feel sad for a week.  :'(
A question you want to ask everyone on this forum:
Anyone interested in a pubcrawl/going to a bar and just shooting the shit about fandom/life/etc?  :)
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

persiandragon

Your first name (And last if you like); Jon
Age or age range(teen age, young adult); turned 30 earlier this year
Time of arrival; thursday early morning
Time of departure; monday late evening
Events you will go to; hopefully, karaoke, speeddating, rollerskating rink thursday and sunday nite,  for now. Maybe AMV since i am doing one this year.
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention;
How many times have you been here; First time to fanime, been going to AX since 2005 though.
What brought you to fanime;
One random fact;
Favorite Fanime memory;
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you lookming forward to;
A question you want to ask everyone on this form;

Aoiro

I keep on forgetting to type this out! Finally found the time to write it. - u -

Your first name: Just call me Mikaela!
Age or age range: 19 years old.
Time of arrival: Possibly May 24th, but if not then I'll attend on May 25th.
Time of departure: Once everything is over on May 28th!
Events you will go to: The masquerade, of course! And hopefully the Fanimaid Café again. I would like to check out the Black & White Ball if I have enough time.
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention: I'm a fan of "Yu-Gi-Oh!", "Gungrave", "Black★Rock Shooter", "Love Monster", "Hadashi de Bara wo Fume", and any The Sims game from the franchise.
How many times have you been here: Only once, and that was last year~
What brought you to Fanime: I've heard so many things about it through friends. So I organized a group to come with me to attend Fanime!
One random fact: I love pick-up lines. I use them quite often as my introduction to people!
Favorite Fanime memory: Just staying at the game room until 3AM playing Monopoly with my friends!
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to: Probably the masquerade, because I didn't stay that long last year to see the entire thing!
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: For those who cosplay, when did you start? And for those who haven't, what's keeping you from doing it?
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Aoiro on April 10, 2012, 01:00:02 AM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: For those who cosplay, when did you start? And for those who haven't, what's keeping you from doing it?

I started about five years ago. It was fanime in 07 that made me want to cosplay. Seeing everyone in costumes made me so excited and now in 2012 I can't stop cosplaying.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Wow this is getting bigger. Let me answer the last few questions.

I started cosplaying last year, but been on the fence for the last 3 years about it. So far I think I'll only do one or two days cosplaying. I really dont know my way around a sweing machine, so all my stuff is bought or commisioned. And its a bit harder for males to cosplay. Not much too chose from, or in my case no one I would like to dess up as.

Blank question, blank answer.

Yes, I wouldn't mind a drink or two.

I guess that was a question... sure the more new friends the better.

Only a couple of more days.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

kane64

For those who cosplay, when did you start? And for those who haven't, what's keeping you from doing it?
I cosplayed now for 2 years. One year it was obvious who I was, the next year was not so much.
I know some people will recognize me this year, but they may not get the exact reference that I am cosplaying for this year.
I like to cosplay as characters that people don't know or it's something nostalgic.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

zero209

Quote from: virilevocalist on April 04, 2012, 12:43:25 PM
Name:
Mode
Time of arrival:
Thursday, if I can get Friday off from work. Or Friday afternoon.
Time of departure:
Monday, end of con.
Events you will go to:
I'm usually in the Asian Film Room, Artists Alley or the dealers room. Maybe a few panels. Karaoke. Musicfest really depends on who's performing. Singing vocals in Rock Band at the Gamer's hall. Maybe I'll try out speed-dating this year?
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention:
Anime/Feature Films: Gungrave, Paprika, MindGame, Hellsing Ultimate, anything seinen and mindfucky, or self-referential and ironic that breaks the 4th wall a lot. I also love a good comedy series.
Manga: I don't know where to begin....
Video Games: I love console RPGs, like Chrono Trigger/Cross, the FF games, Shin Megami Tensei series, etc.
Six. '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '11. This will be my 7th.
I've loved manga/anime/related subculture for a while now. If it's any indicator of my old fart status, I remember when we had to watch anime on VHS fansubs. Anyway, I live in San Jose, just 10 minutes away by VTA LightRail. My first FanimeCon was during 8th grade. I went back every year until I graduated highschool in '04. Moved for college/work, and came back to the bay area in '11.
One random fact:
I'm a huge music junkie and I sing.
Favorite Fanime memory:
It's a toss-up between these two:
'04: Tamaki Nami added a song to her setlist because I asked her during the autograph session. So many different experiences this year, it feels like a blur...maybe because of how sleep deprived I was, haha. :D In my memory, to this day, it becomes the convention to which I compare all other anime conventions.
'11: It was my first experience at FanimeCon WHILE ALSO being over the drinking age. Enough said, haha. ;D Fanime 2011 felt like the collision of my college state-of-mind and my fandom. It was epic.
Everything. I'm looking forward to just BEING here. You know how little kids feel when they find out they're going to disneyland for the first time? Yeah. That's how I feel EVERY YEAR <3. And when it's over, I get con-withdrawal and I feel sad for a week.  :'(
Anyone interested in a pubcrawl/going to a bar and just shooting the shit about fandom/life/etc?  :)

i'm up for some pub hopping in the evening. staying at the hilton they got a nice bar downstairs.

Also i think i'm going to attend the B&W Ball for the first time anyone else going?

powerfulknight

hi iam down to hang out iam chris age 21.......mental age-tba

princesskitty18

Quote from: powerfulknight on April 12, 2012, 03:16:59 PM
hi iam down to hang out iam chris age 21.......mental age-tba

totally feel u
im 21
but mentally..dependin on who im wit..im mentally in the age between 5-10 hahahaa
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Vasyenka

My girlfriend and I are always up for people hanging out with us! We love meeting new people, especially if we have similar hobbies/interests~ ^^

Your first name:

Just call me Shini~ <3
Age or age range:
25, the girlfriend just started the early twenties~
Time of arrival:
The girlfriend and I are actually arriving a couple of days early to go sight seeing and do touristy things! So technically Wednesday, ha ha~
Time of departure:
Tuesday; we're making Monday a lazy day~ ^^
Events you will go to:
Black and White Ball for sure, possibly the masquerade, various cosplay gatherings, aaand... for the rest, we'll see when we get there! :D
I'm more so of a gamer, and she's more so of a manga reader. Currently, we're both absolutely obsessed with Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: Justine. Lately I've been getting hardcore into Assassin's Creed and Soul Calibur as well (hell, I still have my original copy of Soul Blade for the PS!). We're both BIG fans of manga by Kaori Yuki (Angel Sanctuary, Godchild, Ludwig Kakumei, etc.), and we both enjoy the darker/creepier songs of Vocaloid. :3
This is her first Fanime, and this is my... fifth, I believe. I started back in '07, but had to miss last year due to school, lol.
What brought you to Fanime:
I'll be honest - I was dragged to Fanime my first time around by my ex boyfriend. I didn't have fun, and most of the convention was pretty much a downer for me. Yet, I was convinced to attend again in '08, and I've had a blast since! <3
One random fact:
The girlfriend and I absolutely love music, especially classical mixed with rock/metal! We're actually kinda devastated, because our favorite band, Apocalyptica, announced a tour date not far from my girlfriend's apartment after we reserved our plane tickets - they're playing the day after we're leaving! ; A;
Favorite Fanime memory:
Oh man, I have so many, ha ha! Hanging out with friends in cosplay, having my Godchild cosplay recognized, hanging out and drinking with the most random and awesome people, past B&W Ball events, entering the masquerades... I gotta say, the Fanime crowd is probably one of the most friendly/approachable I've ever encountered! And I've been attending cons since '01, both domestically and internationally~ ^^
We're totally looking forward to the B&W Ball! We're also looking forward to seeing long distance friends and hanging out with other cosplayers from the same series. 8D
A question you want to ask everyone on this form:
Anyone else traveling long distance that want to go tour with us? Or perhaps someone want to play tour guide? :D
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

powerfulknight

yeah my first time going was last year. i thought to my self iam not going to fit in here.......oh how i was wrong.

Haunterluvcookies

Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

virilevocalist

I've been meaning to get to the questions all week, and now I finally can! Here goes...

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 22, 2012, 02:25:50 PM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: I hope to meet all of you at the con... Also are you as excited as I am for fanime? Also 64 DAYS!  ;D
I like getting to know people... so respond! Whose next?  ???
Yes, I'm very excited! Like a little kid who finds out he's going to disneyland for the first time! Only this time will be my seventh! XD

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on March 22, 2012, 04:19:12 PM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form; Ummm, I know! Do any of you speak Japanese? I would love to practice speaking Japanese with someone! Don't be shy! You know you want to show off your Japanese to SOMEONE! So practice with me! Onigaishimasu!
After years and years of watching japanese films, tv shows, and anime with subtitles, and listening to copious amounts of japanese music, it's begun to rub off on me, so I've been able to half understand, though not really speak. Although if I know what I want to say and how, I will... I just need to summon my guts, haha.

Quote from: echoshadow on March 22, 2012, 07:34:45 PM
Not sure... Hows the weather? What was your first Anime that you bought?
Kind of cloudy in SJ today. The first anime that i BOUGHT was a dvd of the Cowboy Bebop movie, Knockin' on Heaven's Door.

Quote from: Yuutousei on March 23, 2012, 03:09:38 AM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: First anime or manga?
The first anime I watched, without knowing about anime or fandom or even that it was from Japan, was Speed Racer.
The first anime I watched, aware that this was from Japan was Irresponsible Captain Tylor, on VHS fansubs I borrowed from my neighbor. I have her to thank for introducing to the world of anime/manga fandom. :)
The first manga I read was Dragon Ball, on those 32 page single chapter prints from Viz.

Quote from: lonemeditater on March 23, 2012, 10:09:58 AM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form; Who's down to kick it?
I'm totally down to kick it.

Quote from: zero209 on March 23, 2012, 01:38:58 PM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form;Is anyone cosplaying and if so who as.
I'm afraid I'm not. :/

Quote from: egrrr on March 24, 2012, 12:18:03 AM
My question, anybody seen the new Rap battle of history?!
Yep, that shit was tight! Have you ever seen Drunk History? Basically someone drunk talks about a historical figure, and famous people and comedians dress up and play the part while the drunk person narrates. It's hilarious!

Quote from: zer0 on March 25, 2012, 03:00:45 AM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form; can a friendship be forged in a weekend that will last longer?
Most definitely. It's happened to me!

Quote from: kane64 on March 25, 2012, 05:21:25 AM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: What places do you guys like to eat at during the convention?
Aw, great question! Man, I usually head over to LaVic's for their orange sauce (their food is average taqueria food), or go to check out the happy hour menu at The Grill On The Alley, which is expensive, but if it's one of those years when you have the money, SOOO worth it. They've got a great Kobe Burger for 12 bucks, and a great Chicken Pot Pie. And if that fails, there's always Subway.

Quote from: princesskitty18 on March 25, 2012, 06:53:23 PM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: is there someone that uve met thru fanime and uve ACTUALLY kept in touch with afterward?

cant wait to meet everyone!! :D
Yep! Sort of related to zer0's question, but I was hanging out at Tanq, the marriot/hilton bar and I started talking to this girl, she introduced me to her friends, and I really hit it off with them. We're still friends and talk on facebook, even though one of them is in Germany, and the other is in SoCal, I think.

I've never cosplayed in all my years of fandom although many of my friends have throughout highschool and college. I think primarily it's the time/money that's kept me from doing it, and also perhaps I really don't know who or what to cosplay as... The closest I've come to cosplay is a fox kigurumi, haha.

Quote from: Vasyenka on April 12, 2012, 03:55:17 PM
Anyone else traveling long distance that want to go tour with us? Or perhaps someone want to play tour guide? :D
I live in SJ, and although I would love to show you guys around my favorite city, I have work and class all week. :/

Quote from: Vasyenka on April 12, 2012, 03:55:17 PM
One random fact:
The girlfriend and I absolutely love music, especially classical mixed with rock/metal! We're actually kinda devastated, because our favorite band, Apocalyptica, announced a tour date not far from my girlfriend's apartment after we reserved our plane tickets - they're playing the day after we're leaving! ; A;
I love epic orchestral/symphonic/folk/viking metal! Eluveitie/Moonsorrow/Turisas/Thyrfing/Ensiferum/Wintersun/Finntroll/etc. I could talk obsessively for hours about music, but I'll spare everyone the misery hahaha. Have you heard of Judgement Day? They're a local string metal band. A drummer, a cellist and a violinist. They're pretty great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8UKn-sSqg4

And yeah, mental age totally changes, depending on who I'm with and how much I've had to drink. I'm generally pretty cheery and playful, though.

Locke Octavian

Your first name:
Locke (Michael is my real name, but I go by the handle due to just so many Mike's out there)

Age or age range: 

Time of arrival:
Thursday Early

Time of departure:
Monday Latish

Events you will go to:
Honestly I haven't made that many plans yet.  I kinda want to go the ball.  At this point the only for sure thing I'm doing is the Sengoku Basara photo shoot.

Anime ~ Sengoku Basara, Record of Lodoss War
Manga ~ 21st century boys, D.gray-man
Video game ~ Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger

This will be my first Fanime

Just heard a lot of good things about it from friends of mine who've gone and decided it was about time I check it out.  Looking to get out of the Northwest a bit more often for cons.

One random fact:
I've been attending anime conventions sense I was 18, so for about 11 years.  Before that I'd been to a few Sci-fi/Fantasy cons.  So I've pretty much grown up in the con lifestyle.

Favorite Fanime memory:
Never been, so I guess working on my cosplays and chatting on the forums!

Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you lookming forward to:
Looking forward more to meeting people and hanging out more than anything else really.

How chill is fanime?  More specific, how is the environment there.  Very cliquey and stand offish, or welcoming and nice?

Questions that have come before~!:
-I hope to meet all of you at the con... Alsoare you as excited as I am for fanime?
I'm super excited for Fanime!  I just got back from Sakuracon and this will be my first time going!

-Do any of you speak Japanese?
I'm in my second year of study at college, so I can speak a little.

-First anime or manga?
The first anime I ever saw was Akira, followed by Record of the Lodoss War.  Akira was also my first manga.

-Hows the weather?
Finally taking a break from raining here in Portland.

-What was your first Anime that you bought?
Dragon Ball Z

-Is anyone cosplaying and if so who as?
Katakura Kojuro from Sengoku Basara, for sure.  Hopefully I'll get Roronoa Zoro and Mako done in time for convention also.  I'm also considering bringing Squall.

-Anybody seen the new Rap battle of history?
I have, the Darth Vader and Hitler ones.  I'll pretty much watch anything with a star wars character in it.

-Can a friendship be forged in a weekend that will last longer?
One of my best friends and skit partner I met at a convention.  So I'd say the answer is yes.  In fact, I've made a lot of great friends from just a weekend at con!

-Is there someone that uve met thru fanime and uve ACTUALLY kept in touch with afterward?
Same answer as a above.  Maybe not Fanime, but at other cons and I don't see how Fanime could be any different!

-Anyone interested in a pubcrawl/going to a bar and just shooting the shit about fandom/life/etc?
I'd be interested in maybe getting a drink or two and talking.

-For those who cosplay, when did you start? And for those who haven't, what's keeping you from doing it?
My first cosplay was a drow elf when I was fifteen.  Though the first costume I chose for myself was Parn at Sakuracon in 2001.  It was horrible but I got the bug, I actually just redid Parn this year at Sakuracon to celebrate my tenth time going (I missed a year).

Anyone else traveling long distance that want to go tour with us? Or perhaps someone want to play tour guide?
Don't know your definition of long distance, but I'm driving 12 or so hours down from Portland and wouldn't mind possibly taking a tour around with y'all!

Vasyenka

Quote from: virilevocalist on April 12, 2012, 08:11:46 PM
I live in SJ, and although I would love to show you guys around my favorite city, I have work and class all week. :/

I love epic orchestral/symphonic/folk/viking metal! Eluveitie/Moonsorrow/Turisas/Thyrfing/Ensiferum/Wintersun/Finntroll/etc. I could talk obsessively for hours about music, but I'll spare everyone the misery hahaha. Have you heard of Judgement Day? They're a local string metal band. A drummer, a cellist and a violinist. They're pretty great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8UKn-sSqg4

Ha ha, I totally understand! Although, given that you're ~quite~ familiar with the city, do you have any recommendations for awesome nearby restaurants? (doesn't have to necessarily be walking distance, just something enough that taxi fair won't drain our wallets~) We really love Italian, and I'd like to take my girlfriend to get some awesome Mexican food. <3

And oh man, that band sounds awesome! Ahahaaa, I love Wintersun! Awesome to see that we have similar tastes in music! 8D

Quote from: Locke Octavian on April 13, 2012, 12:09:10 AM
My first cosplay was a drow elf when I was fifteen.  Though the first costume I chose for myself was Parn at Sakuracon in 2001.  It was horrible but I got the bug, I actually just redid Parn this year at Sakuracon to celebrate my tenth time going (I missed a year).

Don't know your definition of long distance, but I'm driving 12 or so hours down from Portland and wouldn't mind possibly taking a tour around with y'all!

Oh man, you were at the little Holiday Inn for Sakura Con in '01 as well? That was my first anime convention! I used to live in Portland as well, but now I live in the South West, lol~

The girlfriend and I are flying in from pretty far away - probably a good five hour flight, including layovers and the like. We're planning on hitting up the Egyptian museum and Winchester house, but that's all we have so far, and we've yet to determine exact days, lol. We'd also like to just explore the city, since I've never really looked around when visiting here (closest I've gone to touring was exploring Santa Clara with a friend of mine). That'd be great if you can join us! The more the merrier~ <3
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Haunterluvcookies

Anyone else traveling long distance that want to go tour with us? Or perhaps someone want to play tour guide?

I am coming from another state but I am flying in so there is no long car ride that has to drive crazy before I get to fanime. I also don't want to wait so long to get to fanime, flying is the easiest was to get there quick.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

virilevocalist

Quote from: Locke Octavian on April 13, 2012, 12:09:10 AM
Anime ~ Sengoku Basara, Record of Lodoss War
Manga ~ 21st century boys, D.gray-man
Video game ~ Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger

How chill is fanime?  More specific, how is the environment there.  Very cliquey and stand offish, or welcoming and nice?
21st Century Boys is amazing! I liked Monster, too. Naoki Urasawa is brilliant.
And yeah, can't go wrong with FF 6 and CT!

Fanime for the most part is pretty chill. I have noticed, though, that older con-goers tend to be warmer yet jaded. Younger con-goers are cliquey and high energy. Just my experience last year. I don't really remember '04 in terms of ppl because I guess I must've been cliquey with my friends? Regardless, you'll have a great time! I'm sure of it!

fixt

New friends!?
I'm going with my best friend but she's only going for a night and I'm planning on meeting up with some other friends too but chances are that I'll be alone at some point.

Your first name: Devon
Age or age range: 19! fanime is week before my 20th birthday C:
Time of arrival: Early friday
Time of departure: Sunday sometime, probably evening
Events you will go to: EVERYTHING!
But really, I have no set plans yet. I have a couple of gatherings I want to catch and maybe the masquerade. I've never been to the B&W Ball, maybe I'll stay for that this year.
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention: Such a long list...
Anime: Soul Eater, Coyboy Bebop, Ouran HSHC, Welcome to the NHK, FLCL, Kuroshitsuji, Samurai Champloo, etc.
Manga: Nabari no Ou, Pandora Hearts, .//hack series, Love Hina, Death Note,
Video Game: Guilty Gear series, Kingdom Hearts, FF, Pokemon, Odin's Sphere, and more
How many times have you been here: This will be my 3rd year (:
What brought you to Fanime: I heard about it from some friends a couple years ago, and I decided to check it out. And now I'm hooked.
One random fact: I'm a kind of closeted anime nerd, Fanime is really my time to cut loose. I also love Harry Potter more than anything.
Favorite Fanime memory: Staying up till 4 in the morning wandering around San Jose, meeting people, taking pictures
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to: Seriously, everything. I just love the event as a whole.
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: What/where and when was the best con you ever went to?

Quote from: Vasyenka on April 13, 2012, 01:47:15 AM
Ha ha, I totally understand! Although, given that you're ~quite~ familiar with the city, do you have any recommendations for awesome nearby restaurants? (doesn't have to necessarily be walking distance, just something enough that taxi fair won't drain our wallets~) We really love Italian, and I'd like to take my girlfriend to get some awesome Mexican food. <3

I live in Santa Cruz, it's like 45ish minutes away so I'm in SJ every now and then.
There's this amazing Mexican place that's on the same street as the convention center. Best burrito I've ever had I swear.
I'm not sure what it's called but it's super easy to find.

dangs

Yep, I am probably going alone like most of the conventions I go to. It's all good though, I always end up meeting new people lol. Well here goes nothing.

Your first name:
My name is An
Age or age range:
18 turning 19 this year.
Time of arrival:
Maybe day 0 or really early friday probably at 7:00 a.m. lol my friend told me to get there really early or you're gonna have to wait hours to get your badge.
Time of departure:
Sunday, earlier in the day probably gotta go to church =(
Events you will go to:
I'm not sure what events there are to go to if there is a dance/rave I will most likely go to it. I hear many people talk about going to the ball so I might check that out too. Oh yea, I am going to the gaming room because there is someone who I want to meet lol. Most likely, I will be wandering around trying to meet new people and try to record videos.
My favorite Anime are
Angel Beats!
Clannad
Get Backers
Black Rock Shooter
Uta no Prince
Kimi ni Todoke
Higurashi
Shakugan no Shana
Harhui Suzumiya
Trigun
Naruto
Hayate no gotoku
Gintama
Darker than black
I have many more anime that I watch haha but I'm not gonna list them all
Manga? LOL I dislike reading, so I rarely read manga. Last manga I read was probably cardcaptors, and that was years ago when I was a kid. I remember when I had a crush on Sakura lol. I will probably start reading manga someday lol.
Games? Well I use to play League of Legends a lot, but I quit now for the time being because of school. My favorite hero was katarina. Some other games I played was Xenogears, Hatsune Miku project diva, smash bros, and Megaman.
This is going to be my first time  :P
I been trying to go to every con in the bay area so far. I started to going to cons back in 2011 and my first con was Anime Destiny @UC Berkeley
One random fact:
Just be friends, just be friends, all we gotta do just be friends!
Favorite Fanime memory:
I don't have one yet but I bet it's gonna be all the people who I am gonna meet  :)
Event I'm looking forward too:
Speed dating? I will probably check that out too.
Anyone going to the cherry blossom festival on April 22nd in San Francisco Japantown?

I'm going to be there in the grand parade most likely with other cosplayers. Gonna cosplay as Otonashi from Angel Beats! if you see me there don't be afraid to say hello!
My youtube channel

Cosplay for fanime 2013
Angel Beats! -Otonashi Yuzuru
Vocaloid -Akaito
Gintama! -Shinpachi
K-project -Totsuka Tatara

Haunterluvcookies

@dangs
I wish I could go sounds like fun but I live out of state.

@fixt
OMG you actually were up till 4 in the morning. Thats so cool! I want to wake up or stay up till three and wander around the con to see what everyone's doing at that time of night.

Yay and here's to many new friends.

OMG remeber only 38 days.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi