Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

Kpmonkeygirl

Your first name (And last if you like); Caitlin
Age or age range(teen age, young adult); Will be 20 in May.
Time of arrival; Don't know at the moment. But I think I will be there Thursday.
Time of departure; Don't know at the moment. But I think I will leave Tuesday.
Events you will go to; Well, I don't know of much that is there since this is my first time, but I plan to go to the BW ball, the dealers table, and masquerade.
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention; I love the manga Dengeki Daisy. My favorite anime/mangas are Dengeki Daisy, Maid Sama, Pandora Hearts, Cynical Orange, and Bleach!!!!
How many times have you been here; Never.
What brought you to fanime; Well, I had a few anime/manga friends tell me a bit about it, but I was afraid of all the nut-heads I have been told that are there. But I have been in a confident mood ever since the beginning of this year, so I decided to go.
One random fact; Mermaids, unicorns, and elf's exist. I have been learning Japanese for about 8 months.
Favorite Fanime memory; Heh, and I can't say that since I have not been to one!
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you lookming forward to; I am looking forward to the ball. I was homeschooled and shy, so I never went to anything like a prom. So I am looking forward to the ball.
A question you want to ask everyone on this form; Ummm, I know! Do any of you speak Japanese? I would love to practice speaking Japanese with someone! Don't be shy! You know you want to show off your Japanese to SOMEONE! So practice with me! Onigaishimasu!
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Haunterluvcookies

Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Your first name:
Aaron

Age or age range:  
young adult, I'll be 30 soon.

Time of arrival:
Thursday afternoon.

Time of departure:
Tuesday morring

Events you will go to:
B&W ball, some concertes, maybe try out the Fanime's speed date.

What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention:
Oh....hard question I seen so many its hard to chose. I guess anything I scores a 8 or better on my MAL. Other than that I'm not much of a manga or video game fan.

How many times have you been here:
This will be my 4th time.

What brought you to fanime:
Some friends I meet at AX told me about it, and my brothers friend is/was a staff member.

One random fact: I look younger than I am. I get carded every time I buy beer.

Favorite Fanime memory:
Seeing Flow for the frist time live.

Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you lookming forward to:
I'm looking forward for the B&W ball, I just like the excuse to ware a nice suit.
Other events are the AMV's, the random anime shows, The anime jeopardy, oh..the cosplayers, can't forget about them.

A question you want to ask everyone on this form:
Not sure... Hows the weather? What was your first Anime that you bought?

To answer Kpmoneky girl's question, nope I don't know Japanese, but would like to learn it some day.
So far I can understand a few words and the standard introduction and thats my limit on Japanese.

To answer Hunterluvcookies question: Yes. April is my crunch month, I'll booking my room, finding a cosplay, saving up, geting my suit ready for the B&W ball and planing for AX.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Kpmonkeygirl

The weather is fine here. It is night-time though. I have never bought an anime, but the first anime I saw was Fruits Basket.

Haunterluvcookies

To answer Hunterluvcookies question: Yes. April is my crunch month, I'll booking my room, finding a cosplay, saving up, geting my suit ready for the B&W ball and planing for AX

@echoshadow

Yeah I tried to start early on costumes but it never work, I still have so much to do. I just bought my plane ticket and soo I will pay for my hotel room as well. Oh yeah on the wearther, it was snowing a day ago and now its 85...

Can't wait to meet all of you! Fanime here we come..
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Yuutousei

A lil' late to the party but...

Your first name: I'll respond to Yuu, but the name's Tiph
Age or age range(teen age, young adult): College brat
Time of arrival: Friday afternoon or evening... hoping for afternoon
Time of departure: Monday afternoon
Events you will go to: I'll be doing a bunch of meetups and I'm hosting one panel definitely (might be in a second one). Plus, I'll be participating in game shows. Trying to keep myself out of the dealer's hall.
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention: Weiss Kreuz, Tiger & Bunny, uhm... yeah.
How many times have you been here: This will be year 3
What brought you to Fanime: An upperclassmen came by my dorm the third week of school and was like "come to Fanime - it's at the end of the school year!" and I was like... "uh okay...?"
One random fact: My friend an I are re-watching Yuu Yuu Hakusho. So nostalgic. And I'm probably more than a little addicted to my cellular.
Favorite Fanime memory: Uhm... Winning a figurine on Stage Zero... Because despite starting with negative points, I know a lot about old anime.
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to: I'm really looking forward to meet ups!
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: First anime or manga?
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

Kpmonkeygirl

Haunterluvcookies

@Yuutousei

Saint Seiya is my first and my favorite. It holds a speciel place in my heart.  ;D

Also you love Tiger and Bunny! Its my current obsession! Bunny is my favorite!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

lonemeditater

Your first name (And last if you like); Tim, (very few people call me Chi, even less call me Red)
Age or age range(teen age, young adult); I'll be 20 come con time

Time of arrival; I'm pretty local so I'll probably be there for part of Thursday, but not settle down until Friday.

Time of departure; Monday

Events you will go to;
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention; Full Metal Alchemist is my favorite anime. My favorite video game is kingdom hearts (it's my one true obsession)

How many times have you been here; Once =P

What brought you to fanime; All of the cool stuff I can watch and buy.

One random fact; I found out about staffing through a guy I met at Pokemon Black and White tour. We made I contact and he had his DS out so I challenged him to a battle. Turns out he was pictochatting about FanimeCon and I thought, "Why not?"

Favorite Fanime memory; Ninja

Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you lookming forward to; Meeting new people in general.

A question you want to ask everyone on this form; Who's down to kick it?
I'm me and I exist...

Kpmonkeygirl

zero209

Your first name (And last if you like);Javier
Age or age range(teen age, young adult);28
Time of arrival;probably gonna get there friday morning
Time of departure;leaving sunday night
Events you will go to;I'm waiting to see who is going to perform this year at the concerts. I mostly hang out ever and bounce around.
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention;Top five. FMA,Naruto,Fairy tail,Gurren Lagann,Kanon. Manga i mostly read bleach,highschool of the dead and naruto. I play mostly xbox mas effect and call of duty.
How many times have you been here;only been to fanime once two years ago by accident. was driving by with my brother stop and said we need a hotel room cause i'm not leaving.
What brought you to fanime;To many things
One random fact;first time cosplaying was last year at amc2.
Favorite Fanime memory;Flow performing. Plus where else can i go into a rave and dance with sonic the hedgehog.
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to;the masquerade if i can get in also most of the concerts depending on who is playing.
A question you want to ask everyone on this form;Is anyone cosplaying and if so who as.

Kpmonkeygirl

echoshadow

If I can get it in time Auron from Final Fantasy X. But I will be going in the male school uniform from Blood-C and the male uniform from either Ouran HC host club or the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, so..pretty much a school boy theme.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Haunterluvcookies

I am cosplaying from many series like hetalia, bleach, harvest moon. However I really looking forward to cosplaying as Hades/shun from saint seiya.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

egrrr

This sounds like a great idea, I might get separated from my group since they all have other plans.

Your first name:
Edgar

Age or age range: 

Time of arrival:
Friday morning

Time of departure:
Monday afternoon

Events you will go to:
I have to attend the B&W ball!

What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention (gonna post the first five that pop up)
FAV ANIME - Shin chan, Gundam Wing & MS 8 Team, Princess Mononoke, Ushio to Tora and Persona 4.
FAV MANGA - GTO, Iron Wok Yan, Shadow Lady, Clover and Wish.
FAV GAME - Persona 4, Saints row 2, Mass effect (the series), Dragon Age, Fallout 3.

How many times have you been here:
It'll be my second time this year.

What brought you to fanime:
Finally decided to go last year with a few of my buddies, been an anime fan since evangelion, dragonball z and sailormoon came to the US via tapes subbed by a friend.

One random fact: I love to see Iron Chef in japanese with subtitles when I used to live in San Jose.  I think it was channel 54, on Sunday early evenings... ah the memories.  Also, I play bartender when friends get together to drink, I'm pretty good at doing a few drinks from the drunken moogle site even tried to do a butterbeer recipe once.

Favorite Fanime memory:
Oh so many pikachus....

Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to:
As stated above, the black and white ball, gotta get my dancing shoes on for that and the raves.  Some panels, it was a hit and miss with some of them.  Of course the cosplayers, in my group we get bragging rights on who's got the better pics of the con.

A question you want to ask everyone on this form:
-I hope to meet all of you at the con... Alsoare you as excited as I am for fanime? @ Haunterluvcookies I'll try my best to show, and heck yeah!
-Do any of you speak Japanese? @ Kpmonkeygirl Sadly no, I used to want to but now I'm not so driven anymore.
-First anime or manga? @echoshadow Easy, first anime Robotech.  First manga, Cardcaptor Sakura.
-Hows the weather? What was your first Anime that you bought? @ echoshadow Gonna rain tomorrow and it would be Fushigi Yuugi.
-Is anyone cosplaying and if so who as. @ zero209 Gonna definitely do Professor Genki (saints row 3).  Still deciding between one of the guards or mad hatter from Alice in Wonderland and possibly Harry Potter auror.

My question, anybody seen the new Rap battle of history?!

Kpmonkeygirl

Everyone likes Princess Mononoke! ^.^

"My question, anybody seen the new Rap battle of history?!"--- I don't know what that is.

egrrr

Yup, I gotta admit there's not a lot of flops for me when it comes to studio ghibli.  I am interested in Miyazaki's adaptation of the borrowers, 'The Secret World of Arrietty' but I missed the big screen released so now I gotta wait until the blu ray comes out. 

As far as the "Rap Battles of History" it's a Youtube channel by Nicepeter and epicLloyd.  It takes two absolutely ridiculous opponents ie Napoleon Bonaparte vs Napoleon Dynamite, Stephen Hawking Vs Albert Einstein, Beethoven Vs Justin Bieber etc etc.  The latest battle was between the Mario brothers Vs the Wright brothers, they're worth checking out if you're willing to kill a few minutes.

Kpmonkeygirl

That sounds interesting! I will check it out!

Haunterluvcookies

I want to cosplay from Howl's moving castle as Howl! I love his movies... they are the best.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

zer0

Your first name james
Age or age range20
Time of arrival; friday unknowable
Time of departure; some time monday
Events you will go to; what ever is clever
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention; gurren lagann
How many times have you been here; 6 yea in a row now
What brought you to fanime; its sheer and utter awsomeness.
One random fact; i am pleased with good company
Favorite Fanime memory; singing the pokemon theme song before it was ban for karaoke 2 years ago
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to; amv contest
A question you want to ask everyone on this form; can a friendship be forged in a weekend that will last longer?