Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

echoshadow

Quote from: Vasyenka on April 12, 2012, 03:55:17 PM
Anyone else traveling long distance that want to go tour with us? Or perhaps someone want to play tour guide? :D
Well I'll be driving up there, its a 3 hour drive for me. But unless you plan on staying a few more days in San Jose there is lots to do. But during Fanime, well that will just take up most of the time.

Quote from: fixt on April 16, 2012, 02:21:03 PMWhat/where and when was the best con you ever went to
Ah to me its a draw with Fanime and Anime Expo. I had such great times at both.

Quote from: Locke Octavian on April 13, 2012, 12:09:10 AM
How chill is fanime?  More specific, how is the environment there.  Very cliquey and stand offish, or welcoming and nice?
Everyone there is pretty chill, friendly. There really isn't anyone there looking to start things. Just random glumps. I was victim to one. A case of mistaken identity. But like most cons there are good and bad, but nothing to worry or stress out about it.

Quote from: dangs on April 16, 2012, 11:46:52 PM
Anyone going to the cherry blossom festival on April 22nd in San Francisco Japantown?
Well I do have the day off, but it is a long drive up there. I did went last year...or was it the year before, I forget.

Lets see what else did I forget to cover... oh LOL at the mental age part. I guess I still feel like I'm in my early 20's still.

As far as restaurants there are a lot just with in 5-6 blocks, they have just about every type their is. Just by walking up and down 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th streets your bound to fine what your looking for.

And I also been up till around 3am during the con season, but just depends on the day and if I'm tired or still hyper.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

LordZumi

Hi everyone seen this here and thought it be a great idea to meet up with some new people. I am going to fanime this year with 2 firends of mine and don't know it we will be together all the time and might as heck meet some new people.

Your first name: Kalya
Age or age range: 24
Time of arrival: noon Friday
Time of departure: Monday noonish
Events you will go to: Anything I find I like or can make it to! I want to watch the whole masquerade this time around. And I will go to the concert for ever is playing this year.
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention: This would take forever to list IDK about related to convention but..
anime: Gundam ( MS Team, Wing, SEED, Destiny, 00, Stargazer, AGE),Naruto shippuden, Natsume ( you can name it I might have watched it)
Manga: I am a BL fan okay and I like Shojo as well lots that are not out in the US. I am a big manga fan so again I might have read it if you can name it xD. Like Aoharaido, YUMEMIRU TAIYOU,Skip Beat, Bakuman..
Games: at Fanime I think I only play DDR. But I am a fan of RPGs. Zelda , Star Ocean, Ar Tonelico, Pokemon (bring you cards lets trade x'D or battle you! HG,SS )
How many times have you been here: This will be my 3rd year but 2 time really xD
What brought you to Fanime: AN CAFE! I went to see them play for my first time and I only went to see them didnt stay for fanime at all spent the day in line and thats why this is my 2 time in a way going xD.
One random fact: I not a big fan of shows that are super popular or that seem to get lots of fandom if I am its after the fact that its been out foreva ;A;
Favorite Fanime memory: Seeing An Cafe  and just having a good time with friends :3
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to: I love the concerts but I like everything really!
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: what kind of anime or mangas or games do you wish where coming out in the US?

Haunterluvcookies

@LordZumi
I am going alone this year cause my friends have no money to come. I hoping to find some new friends to hang out with.
You like gumdam seed! Who is your favorite?

A question you want to ask everyone on this form: what kind of anime or mangas or games do you wish where coming out in the US?

Heart No Kuni No Alice Series<---- Game series only in japan. Midnight Marine Navey (name to long to put here) <----- webcomic but has a book out only in Japan
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

virilevocalist

Quote from: Vasyenka on April 13, 2012, 01:47:15 AM
Ha ha, I totally understand! Although, given that you're ~quite~ familiar with the city, do you have any recommendations for awesome nearby restaurants? (doesn't have to necessarily be walking distance, just something enough that taxi fair won't drain our wallets~) We really love Italian, and I'd like to take my girlfriend to get some awesome Mexican food. <3

For Mexican food, There's two places just down the street from the convention center. One is La Victoria Taqueria. The other, less than a block away, is Iguana's. They're both pretty standard taqueria fare, with two notable exceptions. La Vic's has this AMAZING secret orange salsa that you just want to put on everything. Iguana's has the Burritozilla, which is a crazy 5+ pound burrito featured on Travel Channel's Man Vs. Food. They're both pretty good, although it seems like La Vic's knows that we're all addicted to their orange sauce, so their ACTUAL food has slacked a little bit.  Iguana's is about the same foodwise. Recently, Iguana's has created their own orange sauce which isn't as good as LaVic's, it's more smoky and less creamy. My suggestion: Buy a bottle of LaVic's orange sauce, and pour it on your Iguana's Burritozilla, XD. and then keep the sauce in your fridge for the next time you have to eat something bland and tasteless. Orange Sauce becomes instantly delicious. Of course if you like to experiment, mix LaVic's orange sauce with Sriracha!!! That'll add some legit spiciness to it.

Seriously though... that orange sauce is soooooooo fucking good, lol.

I'd recommend checking places to eat on Yelp. That's what I do, when I'm tired of eating at home, haha.

Quote from: LordZumi on April 19, 2012, 01:12:43 AM
No particular series pops into mind, so I'll generally say more seinen, mindfucky manga! Although US publishing companies have been doing all right in bringing series over...

Quote from: fixt on April 16, 2012, 02:21:03 PM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: What/where and when was the best con you ever went to?
It's a toss-up between FanimeCon 2004 or FanimeCon 2011. '04 was the ultimate con experience to which I compare every other convention. '11 was awesome for a different reason, but it helped update my convention ideal a little bit.

Quote from: dangs on April 16, 2012, 11:46:52 PM
A question you want to ask everyone on this forum:
Anyone going to the cherry blossom festival on April 22nd in San Francisco Japantown?
That's this weekend, right? Hmmm maybe...
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

kane64

You know... I just realized something. Everyone wants to check out a lot of things at the con, so I hope that this year they don't do what they did last year and make everyone have to go through their phones or print out a schedule at home before going to the con. I wish they at least improve that feature this year, cause last year, it made it hard to figure out what, at least for me and my friends, we wanted to do.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

CrystalRobot

this will be my first time going to Fanime, therefore I won't know anyone there. I've always gone to anime cons alone, and I usually make friends at those cons, so I'm never alone for long. Plus I know of people who I'm gonna be meeting at Fanime, so that's a plus. Still, I'm always open to meeting new faces. :3
my deviantART
http://crystalrobot123.deviantart.com/

~I do commissions! Note me at my deviantART page!~

Fanime 2017 Cosplay: TBA

egrrr

Quote from: kane64 on April 21, 2012, 12:57:31 AM
You know... I just realized something. Everyone wants to check out a lot of things at the con, so I hope that this year they don't do what they did last year and make everyone have to go through their phones or print out a schedule at home before going to the con. I wish they at least improve that feature this year, cause last year, it made it hard to figure out what, at least for me and my friends, we wanted to do.

yeah it was a bit of a pain, last year (being my first time there) was a bit disorganized when it came to information about the schedules.  twice i was told where the public schedule was and twice someone had walked away with it, once the light bulb came on and i checked it on my phone it became easy to find out where and when i wanted to be depending on the activity.  I prefer it on my phone instead of walking around with papers, cameras, purchases etc etc.

virilevocalist

A mobile schedule also makes it easy for changes to be made.

Haunterluvcookies

I missed everything last year that i wanted to do because I couldn't find a scedule.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

I think if they posted the schedule on it's own webpage and put QR codes around the event, or posted what the website was, that posted up signs all over the halls, people could figure out what was going on a bit easier and not miss out on things. And I think there would be less confusion over the whole thing.
Just an idea. lol
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Kaycea

Yeah hopefully there won't be any repeats of last year...I never had any idea what was happening because of the lack of a physical schedule. And I couldn't find out from word of mouth because pretty much everyone else was clueless as well..(btw I didn't/don't have a smart phone =_=)

But oh well that's all in the distant past(a whole year ago) and things will be fun again this year. Looking forward to seeing new faces and such and even the same ol' faces I always see. ;D
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

Barnes

I haven't been to a forum gathering in ages. I'm interested, but I'll fill out the form thing later.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

echoshadow

Quote from: LordZumi on April 19, 2012, 01:12:43 AM
That's a hard question, well I do kind of want the newest stuff that comes out, like the box sets. I do wish to see the uncensored version of Blood-C. And the Box set of Stein's Gate, Madoka Magica just to name a few.

Quote from: CrystalRobot on April 21, 2012, 10:58:36 AM
this will be my first time going to Fanime, therefore I won't know anyone there. I've always gone to anime cons alone, and I usually make friends at those cons, so I'm never alone for long. Plus I know of people who I'm gonna be meeting at Fanime, so that's a plus. Still, I'm always open to meeting new faces. :3

Welcome aboard, I agree too it's always fun to meet new people.

Quote from: kane64 on April 21, 2012, 12:57:31 AM

Yeah I remember that.... A bit inconvenient but I had a smart phone, but that was just another drain on the battery that should be there.
I hope they would learn from that mistake this year. Lets see how things go.
If they do go that route again, they should at lest make large signs with the schedule.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

zero209

anyone up for some drinks maybe at a local bar or club one of the nights there. also cosplaying at a bar is pretty fun.

hotdfan

I'm up for anything. 1st time at FanimeCon.

KusanagiShiro

I might not make it for financial reasons, but I want you all to know me anyway as I normally attend every year. for me to miss a Fanime means there's something seriously wrong.

Your first name:
Tom

Age or age range:

Time of arrival:
If I go, either Thursday or Friday

Time of departure:
Either Monday or Tuesday, depending on finances.

Events you will go to: if I go, karaoke.

What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention ?
Too many to list.

How many times have you been here:
since 2001. Eleven straight years, in jeopardy this year

What brought you to fanime:
KTEH anime nights in 2000

One random fact: I can ramble at times, and I can't really drive unfortunately; legally blind in one eye

Favorite Fanime memory: Meeting Halko Momoi for the first time, and last year singing along to her version of "Give a reason" in a very impromptu duet

Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to: KAraoke, Halko returning yearly

A question you want to ask everyone on this form:
-I hope to meet all of you at the con... Alsoare you as excited as I am for fanime? @ Haunterluvcookies Yes, though as I stated above, I might not make it if finances fail to improve.
-Do any of you speak Japanese? @ Kpmonkeygirl I speak some, haven't done much lately to learn.
-First anime or manga? @echoshadow Probably Robotech
-Hows the weather? What was your first Anime that you bought? @echoshadow Forgot and the weather is too hot.
-Is anyone cosplaying and if so who as. @zero209 I suck at cosplaying, though I wanna do Secret of Mana's Randi after playing the iOS port

So if I go, just look for a guy playing Secret of Mana on his iPhone. You'll spot me that way.

Haunterluvcookies

@KusanagiShiro
WOW 11 years! Thats so cool, well I hope you can go this year to.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

Quote from: zero209 on April 26, 2012, 03:41:52 PM
anyone up for some drinks maybe at a local bar or club one of the nights there. also cosplaying at a bar is pretty fun.

totally down for some drinks at a bar/club
altho not completely down for cosplaying XD
i dont have the time, patience or money hahahh
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

virilevocalist

Quote from: zero209 on April 26, 2012, 03:41:52 PM
I'm in. I wonder if Tanq, the bar underneath Marriott still serves Fishbowls, haha

Haunterluvcookies

So to everyone in this forum... only 26 days till fanime. Everyone excited? Costumes done? Packed? Not sleeping? Fanime dreams? Anything new? ???
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi