Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on April 29, 2012, 01:21:09 AM
So to everyone in this forum... only 26 days till fanime. Everyone excited? Costumes done? Packed? Not sleeping? Fanime dreams? Anything new? ???
So excited!! Costume is almost done. One last thing needed to be complete, and it is taking me a lot of time to get it just right. Hoping to get my ticket conformation soon, and I can't wait to meet some, if not all, of you at the con!!   :D
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

Quote from: kane64 on April 29, 2012, 04:12:26 AM
So excited!! Costume is almost done. One last thing needed to be complete, and it is taking me a lot of time to get it just right. Hoping to get my ticket conformation soon, and I can't wait to meet some, if not all, of you at the con!!   :D
Agreed, I do hope to meet some if not all of you as well.

Quote from: KusanagiShiro on April 27, 2012, 10:34:35 AM
So if I go, just look for a guy playing Secret of Mana on his iPhone. You'll spot me that way.
Sure, but I hope you can make it, at lest one or two days.

Quote from: zero209 on April 26, 2012, 03:41:52 PM
anyone up for some drinks maybe at a local bar or club one of the nights there. also cosplaying at a bar is pretty fun.
Yep, but not in cosplay, I'm still a bit shy with cosplaying.

Quote from: hotdfan on April 26, 2012, 09:47:14 PM
I'm up for anything. 1st time at FanimeCon.
Awesome, welcome aboard.

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on April 29, 2012, 01:21:09 AM
So to everyone in this forum... only 26 days till fanime. Everyone excited? Costumes done? Packed? Not sleeping? Fanime dreams? Anything new? ???
I kind of had the same thoughts, I'm kind of stressing out just a bit.. Then again I am planing for 2 cons after all(Fanime and AX). One cosplay is almost done. I'm have to hold on the second for AX, or do one that is easier. I'm actually having a hard time falling asleep lately. Just the pre-con jitters I guess.

Once everything is set I should feel more relaxed.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

abcbadcat

Quote from: virilevocalist on April 28, 2012, 08:24:51 AM
Quote from: zero209 on April 26, 2012, 03:41:52 PM
anyone up for some drinks maybe at a local bar or club one of the nights there. also cosplaying at a bar is pretty fun.
I'm in. I wonder if Tanq, the bar underneath Marriott still serves Fishbowls, haha

What is a fishbowl?!? :U

Haunterluvcookies

WoW i hope I can meet all of you to! I am so excited! I gotto piece all my costumes together and i got one to complete. I am running out of time....
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

Your first name:
Lani

Age or age range:

Time of arrival:
Friday morning or afternoon

Time of departure:
Monday afternoon

Events you will go to:
Musicfest!!! the friday dance and industry panels

What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention (gonna post the first five that pop up)
FAV ANIME - Gundam Wing, Honey and Clover, Sailor Moon, Hellsing, Full Moon wo Sagashite
FAV MANGA - Love Monster, Meru Puri, Skip Beat
FAV GAME - FF7 and 8, Harvest Moon, Skyrim
How many times have you been here:
I forgot exactly what year I started but gonna say either 5 or 6 times

What brought you to fanime:
My cousin got me interested so I decided to give it a go and oh em geeees. I love it :)

One random fact:
I miss Square Soft

Favorite Fanime memory:
The first time I saw people cosplay. EVER!

Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to:
MUSICFEST!!!! Sometimes the marathon rooms when they have good stuff going on

Cosplaying:
Yes. I'm just gonna go as a school girl and an alice. Nothing too great and just simple stuff but it'll be my first time attempting to dress up! :)

Haunterluvcookies

@llaaanniiiii

Nice to meet you! I love honey and clover.
Hope to see you at fanime, I am going to be mainly one of the many hetalia cosplayers.  ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

@Haunterluvcookies

Hii! Nice to meet you too! Ill look at Hetalia cosplayers badges and try to find you! Are you gonna be at the Hetalia gathering then?

abcbadcat

Your first name: Andrew (but everyone just calls me badcat)
Age or age range: 23
Time of arrival: Noon Friday (I'll be there to pick up my badge on Thursday as well)
Time of departure: Noon Monday
Events you will go to: Game tournaments (Street Fighter / YuGiOh), Stage Zero Gameshow, maybe the Masquerade and the "dance"
What is your favorite anime, manga, video game, and whatever is related to the convention:
Anime: Eva. Initial D. Eden of the East. Soul Eater. Yu Yu Hakusho.
Manga: Sadly, I don't really read Manga ^__^;;;
Games: Street Fighter (IV and Third Strike), Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, DDR, Initial D, Maximum Tune, Puzzle Fighter, Soul Calibur, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music (I grew up in arcades)
How many times have you been here: 5th year
What brought you to Fanime: San Jose native. SJSU student. It's an awesome way to relax and start summer with friends
One random fact: This will be my second year cosplaying and I wish I got picked to DJ during the "dance" (didn't submit my info soon enough)
Favorite Fanime memory: Being on Stage Zero for the Gameshow and learning what an AT field was actually called in Eva
Favorite Fanime event: I absolutely love the spontaneous games of ninja in the game room at 4am. Playing ninja with anyone anywhere during con is probably my favorite thing about Fanime
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: WHAT TIME IS IT?!?

Planned cosplay: Finn and Marshall Lee from Adventure Time!

Oh and to whoever said something about wanting to go out and drink on the town... I'm down :D

kane64

Quote from: llaaannniiii on April 29, 2012, 02:41:31 PM
Your first name:
Lani

One random fact:
I miss Square Soft
I miss SquareSoft as well.
-Deaf Pedestrians

llaaannniiii

i'm cools to go drink as well :)

@kane64
yeah i dunno how Squre Enix messed things up so baaddd

kane64

@llaaannniii
Cause they decided that they wanted more money then to make a game that had some substance to it?
I think that they make some good games, but compared to what they use to make, they have dropped the ball. Now it's all pretty pictures and videos, while the story is a bit lacking. In my opinion.
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

Quote from: llaaannniiii on April 29, 2012, 02:41:31 PM
Yes. I'm just gonna go as a school girl and an alice. Nothing too great and just simple stuff but it'll be my first time attempting to dress up! :)
Welcome aboard. I'll have a great time cosplaying. Cosplay or not what matters is that you have fun at Fanime.

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 29, 2012, 06:20:27 PM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: WHAT TIME IS IT?!?
Oh and to whoever said something about wanting to go out and drink on the town... I'm down :D
Welcome aboard.  As for the time.... I really don't want to say it... adventure time.  :-[

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 29, 2012, 12:47:40 PM
What is a fishbowl?!? :U
It's one large drink served in, you guessed it..a fishbowl.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Maskenlav

my wings came in from being commissioned in time so yeah pretty much done 100% not exactly the image I dreamed but it's literally close enough. Exicted? Well I know I won't be able to sleep at all when it comes near lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: llaaannniiii on April 29, 2012, 03:00:58 PM
@Haunterluvcookies

Hii! Nice to meet you too! Ill look at Hetalia cosplayers badges and try to find you! Are you gonna be at the Hetalia gathering then?

Yes, I will be one of many romanos but I won't be in the normal outfit. How about you? Are you gonna be at the gathering?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Maskenlav on April 30, 2012, 07:52:47 AM
my wings came in from being commissioned in time so yeah pretty much done 100% not exactly the image I dreamed but it's literally close enough. Exicted? Well I know I won't be able to sleep at all when it comes near lol

I go crazy waiting for costumes to come in. I only have one more costume to make, and I need my contacts. I have lots to do.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Barnes

Your first name (And last if you like); Kevin (Call me Barnes)
Age or age range(teen age, young adult); 25
Time of arrival; Thurs. morning
Time of departure; Mon. afternoon
Events you will go to; Some things here and there
What is your favorite
anime: Bubblegum Crisis oavs
manga: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
video game: Zelda: LttP
How many times have you been here; 12 (not counting this year)
What brought you to Fanime; Not what, but who: a family friend
One random fact; I have quite a messy bedroom, but I like it that way :)
Favorite Fanime memory; Where to start....
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to; Late night marathons, blah blah blah
A question you want to ask everyone on this form; Ever wonder what happened to all the fun in the world?

I'll answer the other questions later.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Haunterluvcookies

Everyone has talked about awesome late nights! I want to be up at 3 or 2 in the morning doing something so random.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on April 30, 2012, 11:08:16 PM
Everyone has talked about awesome late nights! I want to be up at 3 or 2 in the morning doing something so random.
Oh trust me, at that hour, it is the best. Some really wacky things happen at that time.
Plus, with the dance hall still going, videos being played, games in the game hall still going and people getting drunk, it truly is the best time to be at Fanime during those hours of the night. Haha
-Deaf Pedestrians

Maskenlav

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on April 30, 2012, 09:33:24 AM
I go crazy waiting for costumes to come in. I only have one more costume to make, and I need my contacts. I have lots to do.

Nice! I won't be wearing a wig nor have red eye contacts cause me and wigs don't get along :P and finding the right size for male contacts is actually harder than it is. The ones I find are not right or have feminine looks or with some different colors mixed. I really can't find a plain blood red contact haha
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Haunterluvcookies

@Kane64
WOW now I really want to see what is happening late at night. That will be something I will do right away, mabye friday or sat night.

@Maskenlav
That sucks. Long wigs hate me I try and stay to shorter wigs. With contacts it will be my first time, I hope I don't poke my eyes out or something...
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi