Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

abcbadcat

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 02, 2012, 11:39:34 PM
Some of you guys may know the Pokemon Men from conventions last year. They were the guys doing a photoshoot shaving themselves in the fountain in front of the entrance.  :o Yeah, those are my friends from college, hahaha. I think they're doing Mega Man this year. Keep an eye out for them!

I absolutely love Pokemon Men. They're one of my favorite things about Fanime!

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 02, 2012, 11:39:34 PM
Some of you guys may know the Pokemon Men from conventions last year. They were the guys doing a photoshoot shaving themselves in the fountain in front of the entrance.  :o Yeah, those are my friends from college, hahaha. I think they're doing Mega Man this year. Keep an eye out for them!

I saw them, they were pretty crazy. And so funny!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Junon

So... is there like a secret hand shake we have to perform to acknowledge we're all chummers at Fanime?

virilevocalist

I think finding a time and place to meet up will work...
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 03, 2012, 01:42:21 PM

I agree on a time and place and mabye if everyone has some free time we all can have lunch to meet and talk a bit. :)
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 03, 2012, 02:12:55 PM
Quote from: virilevocalist on May 03, 2012, 01:42:21 PM

I agree on a time and place and mabye if everyone has some free time we all can have lunch to meet and talk a bit. :)
I'm down. A lunch/dinner meet up and/or other meet up would be fun. Anyone have an idea of a good time to meet up, or should we wait until the event schedule is set up to figure it out?
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

virilevocalist

Waiting for the event schedule makes sense to me. We wouldn't want anyone to miss out on a panel, event or screening, right?
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Haunterluvcookies

Its good to find a time that we might be able to agree on. I love the lunch/dinner its a good way to get to know people. Bond over food... ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

shivaedge

Oooh, this sounds like fun. Always love meeting new people, especially con goers  ;D

shivaedge

Maskenlav

for the people who have those types of cosplays that are hard to recognize or don't know what their from this would be a great thing to have a specified spot. For those who are obviously from something and/or described what they are in this thread, might run into each other and then find the bigger group together.

Example: me and echo shadow are both Sebastians with black angel wings so then kane, haunter and shivaedge find us, then all of us go find the larger group together.
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Barnes

QuoteOne random fact;

Okay, to be serious, I have quite a messy bedroom, but I like it that way :)

QuoteA question you want to ask everyone on this form: what kind of anime or mangas or games do you wish were coming out in the US?

Game: F-Zero Climax (or for that matter, more AX arcade cabinets XD)
Anime: Where to start?.....
Manga: Some stuff here and there that I feel should be rescued/re-licensed
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Haunterluvcookies

Yeah the Sebastions with wings our easy to spot. I think we just need to find a spot that there are not a lot of congoers. mabye somewhere in teh park across from the con.

@shivaedge

Hello, I hope to meet you as well... congoers are the best and so friendly.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

I marked a few possible places to meet up from #1-9 that will be out of the way of the crowds or other cosplay meets-ups.
#8, #9 are on the second floor on the hotel lounge area just in case it seem like its out of place.

If anyone has other meet up spots or like the spots please say so.
Also with only 2 weeks to go if anyone want my cell just send me a pm. That helps out for meeting up/etc.

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 03, 2012, 04:57:30 PM
Its good to find a time that we might be able to agree on. I love the lunch/dinner its a good way to get to know people. Bond over food... ;D
I like that idea too. How about this, since most of us will be there Thursday we can have a day 0 dinner and have a lunch on day 1 for those that missed it or came late. But first we have to wait for the schedule to come out to plan out the lunch.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

princesskitty18

DAMN echoshadow
ur HELLA thorough..
like more thorough then i am
well done :D

something will be planned for sure
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Haunterluvcookies

@echoshadow
I like your idea of being very out of the way so we can spot each other. Mabye the hotel lobby.
A day 0 meeting for dinner could be nice, or earlier cause I got a gathering to hit at 6:30. but thats all.

I womder what everyone else has to say...
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kohana ichibana

Sadly, I won't be able to make it to con until Friday night :[ Around 8 or 9 because of the travel. I would love to go sooner but game companies don't work that way D: especially after a lot of people got laid off. ><
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Kaycea

If you guys were to meet up, the "Arcade"(#2) isn't a bad spot to meet up. You could wait alongside the wall and everyone walking by there would see you. And that area doesn't get too crowded besides traffic walking by.....Having a sign or something that catches eyes would help flag down everyone.
Play music and make a dance circle or something>,>(I'm actually half serious about that one)

Btw Fanime is almost here! It's gonna be one to remember for me^_^
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

Haunterluvcookies

I know I am so excited for fanime! I plan on doing so much this year.

the arcade might work but its still a crowed place.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

I actually like that arcade wall idea!! We can have someone obvious stand there and shout out for the usernames in this specific group. Like have some naruto stand there and shout out our usernames.

Example: "Meeting group is looking for Maskenlav, Kaycea, princesskitty18, echo shadow, haunterluvescookies, ect."
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"