Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

Barnes

I prefer the idea of meeting at a hotel lobby or somewhere quieter than the arcade.

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 04, 2012, 11:16:53 PM
I know I am so excited for fanime! I plan on doing so much this year.

the arcade might work but its still a crowed place.

That's what I mean.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

kane64

Quote from: Barnes on May 04, 2012, 11:58:26 PM
I prefer the idea of meeting at a hotel lobby or somewhere quieter than the arcade.

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 04, 2012, 11:16:53 PM
I know I am so excited for fanime! I plan on doing so much this year.

the arcade might work but its still a crowed place.

That's what I mean.
Well, if we all decided to meet up late at night, we could meet up where the Maid Cafe is? It is pretty quiet there after all the maids leave for the evening, and there are tables and chairs there for people to sit, if they wanted to sit. Just another idea.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

That could be a good idea or like have a sign with our usernames or something.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

As mentioned by echoshadow with the image, of all those areas, I know that area's 1 and 2 are usually pretty empty of people throughout most of the con. Area 4, being the Maid Cafe, is pretty empty after around 6 or 7pm when it closes. As for the other areas, they are pretty busy with foot traffic and other con go'ers, but in front/inside of the hotels can also work, as I have seen those areas become quite empty throughout the con as well.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

The overall problem is finding everyone, so the most quiet place the better. Well we got 20 days to decide were to meet. I think we should meet on Thursday for a dinner or lunch. Mabye people could exchange scedules and see if they match up. We could so that for friday.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 05, 2012, 02:11:32 AM
That could be a good idea or like have a sign with our usernames or something.

An obvious person doing this is a great idea!

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 05, 2012, 02:45:08 AM
The overall problem is finding everyone, so the most quiet place the better. Well we got 20 days to decide were to meet. I think we should meet on Thursday for a dinner or lunch. Mabye people could exchange scedules and see if they match up. We could so that for friday.

I agree a quiet spot too but Thursday I won't be able to make it! At least not until 9 pm :( what time does all the festivity end on Day 0?

Haunterluvcookies

The party never ends on Day 0 but if I has to say a time after 8 mabye 9. I got a gathering a 6:30. This could all be aranged for Friday if thursday is to much trouble.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

we should do this on non peak hours so we can both meet each other then attend whatever afterwards. Or if two people really click they can go together ;)
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Junon

Perhaps  "Looking for people to hang out with" badges can be made, turning this topic into an actual (unofficial) Fanime event, that way it would be easier to identify us at the convention. Perhaps a bright orange or green tag/badge people can wear... or something like that. :P

As silly as it sounds, it would serve a purpose or two, as an ice breaker, and to easily identify those specifically looking for people to hang out with. Simple. Direct. To the point with minimal effort. :o

Haunterluvcookies

The badge idea doesn't sound to bad actually, then we could find a place to meet and we would know who each other from the badges.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Kaycea

The funny part is that the spot marked as "Arcade"(#2) on the map isn't really where the arcade is. And like someone else said it tends to be fairly empty except for wall huggers and passer-bys. But there is plenty of spots that could potentially work as long as there was some way for people to recognize the meeting spot. Depending on what day I go I could volunteer to be the land mark. I have black/blonde dreads and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one at the convention center that has that. And If my friend brings a boom box we'll prolly be dancing anyway(They're poppers)

I will say now that there are no guarantees on the boombox though...and I'm not sure what day I'll be able to go. I'm aiming for Thursday but who knows?<,<
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

Haunterluvcookies

Whatever os the easiest for everyone. I kind of oblivious.... :-\
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

virilevocalist

Quote from: echoshadow on May 04, 2012, 02:59:01 AM

I marked a few possible places to meet up from #1-9 that will be out of the way of the crowds or other cosplay meets-ups.
#8, #9 are on the second floor on the hotel lounge area just in case it seem like its out of place.

If anyone has other meet up spots or like the spots please say so.
Also with only 2 weeks to go if anyone want my cell just send me a pm. That helps out for meeting up/etc.

Areas 5 and 6 are good spots. In the little outside patio, there's not many people. The tables in front of the Marriott entrance are pretty good spots.
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Haunterluvcookies

We just need a spot that we can find each other.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Zero_Kirby

kane64

I just remembered that we can't really use the arcade front wall at night due to the Swap Meet that they have been doing. That takes up the whole front of the arcade floor. So, as good as an idea that is, we can't use it, at least not during the evening times on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

But I like the Hotel lobby idea and the patio area ideas as well.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

So lets narrow it down to hotel loby, which by the way, or the patio. A time, and wither its thur or fri. It seems like the best options considering. However did they say they were moving the swap meet to another building?

So what does everyone think of hotel lobby or patio?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

how about we meet at the second floor of the Marriott by the big windows where the gaia panel usually is. You can literally look down and see the outside area where the trees are and people photo-shooting under them.
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

kane64

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 06, 2012, 12:01:12 AM
how about we meet at the second floor of the Marriott by the big windows where the gaia panel usually is. You can literally look down and see the outside area where the trees are and people photo-shooting under them.
I'm okay with this one.
How about around 8pm on Thursday and again around 9pm on Friday, for those who couldn't make it to the Thursday meet up?
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: kane64 on May 06, 2012, 12:25:36 AM
Quote from: Maskenlav on May 06, 2012, 12:01:12 AM
I'm okay with this one.
How about around 8pm on Thursday and again around 9pm on Friday, for those who couldn't make it to the Thursday meet up?
I can do this, it will be way after my gathering. I will have time to change into something more wearable. Thursday, 8pm marriot by big windows; check. 19 days... ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi