Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

echoshadow

Quote from: kohana ichibana on May 04, 2012, 12:39:16 PM
Sadly, I won't be able to make it to con until Friday night :[ Around 8 or 9 because of the travel. I would love to go sooner but game companies don't work that way D: especially after a lot of people got laid off. ><
No worries we can all meet up for lunch/dinner during the rest of Fanime. So don't worry about missing Thursday.

I know how it is with work, especially after a layoff. Everyone's holding on to their butts. I missed out on Friday last year too because of work.

Any location is fine by me. For the Thursday dinner meet up looks good too, so is the time. I think that should allow enough time to pick up our badge/check in/unpack at our hotels.

Lets just wait for everyone's opinion for the Thursday meet up.

Quote from: llaaannniiii on May 05, 2012, 08:39:29 AM
I agree a quiet spot too but Thursday I won't be able to make it! At least not until 9 pm :( what time does all the festivity end on Day 0?
That shouldn't be a problem just as long as everyone knows where we are going to eat, they can meet us up there.
As for the festivity, there is really nothing going on. Its just to pick up your badge and a few gatherings that's all.

As far as finding everyone during the con, its really simple just try to be there by the time posted. And it doesn't hurt to say what you plan on wearing, example: a dude with a blue shirt and black pants. I'll know its him just by that and the location and time.
No sings are needed and like I said I can give out my cell number for who ever wants it.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

llaaannniiii

@echoshadow

Ohh ok! I thought I'd miss out on some pretty major events but thank goodness I'm not!

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 06, 2012, 02:08:40 AM
Quote from: kane64 on May 06, 2012, 12:25:36 AM
Quote from: Maskenlav on May 06, 2012, 12:01:12 AM
how about we meet at the second floor of the Marriott by the big windows where the gaia panel usually is. You can literally look down and see the outside area where the trees are and people photo-shooting under them.
I'm okay with this one.
How about around 8pm on Thursday and again around 9pm on Friday, for those who couldn't make it to the Thursday meet up?
I can do this, it will be way after my gathering. I will have time to change into something more wearable. Thursday, 8pm marriot by big windows; check. 19 days... ;D

Would it be possible for a 830ish meet up so I can at leasttt make it to the last part of the meeting? :D I like the idea of meeting in the Marriott and don't really mind where so long as its a decent size space cause I'm thinking it'll be quite a few of us meeting up?

Maskenlav

its pretty much those who are posting in here specifically. I'll be there at 8 maybe with a girl or alone. Look forward in saying hi and running into you guys during the actual con hours!
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Haunterluvcookies

I can't wait I am so excited to meet all of you! And make new friends... yay! ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 06, 2012, 12:03:49 PM
I can't wait I am so excited to meet all of you! And make new friends... yay! ;D

not gonna lie, you are absolutely adorable :)
im hella excited but also really busy in the meantime XD

i personally can only do friday after the karaoke contest
im fine wit givin out my phone number and i can also say what im gonna be wearing since i aint cosplayin or anything
i might be there alone or wit my boyfriend, no idea yet

but as long as someone just makes an official announcement of time and place, i can be there :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Maskenlav

I MIGHT be in somewhat in my Sebastian one cause I gotta make sure a Ciel girl finds me beforehand. Might come with her or come alone in casual clothing. Either way I'll be there :)

so are we confirmed for those big windows in the hallway at the Marriott?

kane64

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 06, 2012, 11:55:40 PM
I MIGHT be in somewhat in my Sebastian one cause I gotta make sure a Ciel girl finds me beforehand. Might come with her or come alone in casual clothing. Either way I'll be there :)

so are we confirmed for those big windows in the hallway at the Marriott?
I think we are a go for the 8pm meeting at the second floor windows of the Marriott on Thursday. And I think we can just sit and chat for like an hour or so, so the stragglers can still meet up with us, those who said they can't get there until 8:30 or 9pm.

As for a second meet up on Friday, we may have to figure out another time and location, if they have panels going on on Friday that is.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

@PrincessKitty18

I am adorable? Thank you so much! You so amzing and so nice! ;D You made my super crummy day ten times better!

~~~~
On the other hand, I like the Thursday idea. All I have to do is fly in, catch a cab, check in, unpack, get my badge blah blah blah gathering and I am done. Then I can go and meet some very awesome people later! :o ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Well, since we are talking about what we are doing on Thursday before the meet up...

Once I finish up with my class and take the train back to SJ, I will be walking over to the hall, picking up my pass, then going to the meeting area, unless it's too early, in which case I will go and get some food, probably from La Victoria just down San Carlos. So if you end up seeing a guy eating a burrito on Thursday, then that will probably be me. Haha
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

I know I will be in before noon. I want to unpack and relax mabye eat something before the badge pick up. Then I got to get ready for the gathering.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

unfortunately i cant be there until friday
so anything after friday im good :D

@haunterluvcookies: yes u are adorable cuz ur so excited abotu it :D hahaha

Haunterluvcookies

@PrincessKitty18
Thank you! I am beyond super excited to meet everyone and got Fanime! Fanime is my favorite con ever! That sucks you can't come on thursday though.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 07, 2012, 10:42:26 AM
@PrincessKitty18
Thank you! I am beyond super excited to meet everyone and got Fanime! Fanime is my favorite con ever! That sucks you can't come on thursday though.

yea i have work and class until 6pm and im in LA
so im drivin up after that..
which should be fun -___-
gah ima be so tired

Haunterluvcookies

That sucks, I drove last year I hated it. To long of a drive for me considering where I am from. Well I hope I can meet you after you get down here on friday.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 07, 2012, 11:12:04 AM
That sucks, I drove last year I hated it. To long of a drive for me considering where I am from. Well I hope I can meet you after you get down here on friday.

for sure
i have karaoke contest friday night, speed dating event sunday afternoon, black and white ball, and then randomly wandering thruout the con itself :D
im sure we can run into each other somehow

Maskenlav

what I would do before this meet-up is get my badge, go to the room and unpack, go swimming at my hotel and then most likely come casual clothed. Get some lunch at the McDonalds near by on my way and then probably arrive at 8 or just a tad bit late lol

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 07, 2012, 01:41:39 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 07, 2012, 11:12:04 AM

for sure
i have karaoke contest friday night, speed dating event sunday afternoon, black and white ball, and then randomly wandering thruout the con itself :D
im sure we can run into each other somehow

We will most likley run into each other and I might just have to have hugs.

@Maskenlav
Your doing something very similar to except the swimming, I want food I will know that when I finally get there.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

virilevocalist

Wednesday night: Print out the schedule, go through it highlighting possible things to do. Hit up this thread to figure out what's happening, LOL.

Thursday: My plan is to get home from work, pack, take the VTA Light Rail over to the convention center. Go to the Safeway nearby, and pick up a bottle of Captain Morgan that I promised my roommates(who I met through the roommate thread here, lol), check into my room, relax and get to know my roomies, and then meet you guys!!!!

I'm not working on a cosplay or anything, but maybe I should just wear my kigurumi? It's SOOOOOOO comfortable.
http://kigurumi-shop.com/Fox-Kigurumi.aspx
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Haunterluvcookies

That looks so comfortable. Thats so cool that you live so close! I have to fly and take a lame taxi to get to the hotel.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 07, 2012, 09:04:32 PM
That looks so comfortable. Thats so cool that you live so close! I have to fly and take a lame taxi to get to the hotel.

No shuttle? I thought most of the hotels had shuttles.