Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

Haunterluvcookies

WHOA it grew while I was gone!

So any concret sugestions on food? Or are we counting how many people are going right now.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Yeah everyone was adding/finding people on fb... Just adding to the confusion.

So far no one seem to set on a certain place to eat.

Just to add to the madness my face-thingy

Quote from: llaaannniiii on May 16, 2012, 09:02:23 AM
omg! i dunno why i havent thought of this before! Lets go to San Pedro Square Market
Well I was thinking of that too. Seems like there is always a crowd around, but there is a bunch of food shops, and its not that far. About 3-4 blocks. But then again there is a ton of restaurants with in 3-4 blocks.

How good is Pizza Chicago? any of the locals try it? Most of the times I'm in San Jose I always seem to pass by never eaten there, smells good though.

Quote from: Imagine on May 16, 2012, 02:43:12 PM
Some of us don't use facebook   ::)  :-\
Same here, I hardly use it.

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 16, 2012, 09:11:33 PM
i could try doin that but i also think that it'll get a bit chaotic. lets just keep it here and ppl just kinda keep reposting the fb link probably

Same here. All the info is here, why add more.

But really.....no schedule yet? and I though AX was bad on dragging its feet. I guess they use the same planning staff.
Sorry if I seem a bit ticked, my AX roomies bailed on me. Oh well, here's to plan b.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Imagine

I kinda get the feeling that people will split off into groups kindof based on where they want to go for foods, so we might just end up with... sub-groups, I guess you could say?

From experience, I can honestly say that it's hard to get people to commit to one place or another even if they're adamant about making it there, so probably the best plan is to just see who shows up and where folks want to go without worrying too much about a reservation-y place.
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

JohnnyAR

I'm for anything as long its not expensive, unless you guys are ok with whatever I contribute to foot the bill. I don't mean to sound cheap, but I'm really low on cash.

llaaannniiii

This is kind of off topic buutttt Its so crazy how basically all the hotel rooms are sold out! It's gonna be crazy busy! So exciitteedddd :)

Quote from: JohnnyAR on May 17, 2012, 08:33:28 AM
I'm for anything as long its not expensive, unless you guys are ok with whatever I contribute to foot the bill. I don't mean to sound cheap, but I'm really low on cash.

I'm also on a budget. Too bad none of us have like a suite or something so we could just all order/bring food and just chill and eat :/

princesskitty18

Quote from: JohnnyAR on May 17, 2012, 08:33:28 AM
same with johnnyAR and llaaannniiiii with being on a budget
im already spending money driving home, i dont need to be spending too much more

Quote from: Imagine on May 17, 2012, 08:25:21 AM
I kinda get the feeling that people will split off into groups kindof based on where they want to go for foods, so we might just end up with... sub-groups, I guess you could say?

From experience, I can honestly say that it's hard to get people to commit to one place or another even if they're adamant about making it there, so probably the best plan is to just see who shows up and where folks want to go without worrying too much about a reservation-y place.
what imagine said was right, theres no way that a group of our size is gonna stay together for that long
but it would be nice for everyone to initially get together, split up for food, then maybe come back together to hang out

Quote from: echoshadow on May 17, 2012, 05:48:58 AM
But really.....no schedule yet? and I though AX was bad on dragging its feet. I guess they use the same planning staff.
Sorry if I seem a bit ticked, my AX roomies bailed on me. Oh well, here's to plan b.
unfortunately they're usually pretty late with the schedule as far as individual things go
some of the bigger things (karaoke, ball, dance, speed dating, panels) are already out
but smaller details all have to wait

supposedly they'll have a schedule out by monday

NOTE FOR FACEBOOK USERS!!
to those that have facebook and want to keep in touch on fb with other ppl in this post
heres the facebook link to the group that i made: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357110077685930/
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

JohnnyAR

Haunterluvcookies

I want to try something new and Amen to cheap! I know there is good food that is cheap in that area. So everyone Fanime is around the conor.... excited, can't sleep... I am all of this and a bundle of energy. I need to work on costumes!!!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

So... our first meet up in 7 days... Can't wait... XD

Also, update to the list for the people going to the meet up on Thursday, on page 14. Anyone else wanting to meet up?
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16999.msg439714.html#msg439714
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

llaaannniiii

Quote from: kane64 on May 17, 2012, 01:53:16 PM
So... our first meet up in 7 days... Can't wait... XD

Also, update to the list for the people going to the meet up on Thursday, on page 14. Anyone else wanting to meet up?
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16999.msg439714.html#msg439714

its coming up soo fast now! not too long ago we were at 18 days... then 11 days.... now 7 days omgggg

athenaookami

Yea time is going by pretty quick.. didn't even have much time to dye my hair.. x.x I don't really want to use a wig x'D
~~ simply crazy x_X~

JohnnyAR

HarpB

has the place for thirsday meetup been decided?

Maskenlav

Quote from: daiphyer.com on May 17, 2012, 06:07:14 PM
has the place for thirsday meetup been decided?

Marriott second floor big windows at the hallway where the panel rooms are
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Haunterluvcookies

I really hope I don't get lost... i am so bad with directions! :P
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

Just made my call to Marriott to request lower level rooms and early check in! Omgs I can't wait!!!

Maskenlav

I think we should cast a vote for dinner. Cast one for me for sushi bar
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

princesskitty18

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 18, 2012, 10:35:38 AM
I think we should cast a vote for dinner. Cast one for me for sushi bar

cast two for sushi bar...but on friday :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Haunterluvcookies

is it that bad that I want like steak or something for thursday dinner... but i am up for the sushi bar for friday.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Imagine

Are there even any decent sushi bars around downtown? Actually curious as I haven't managed to track one down yet.

Also, for people who want to keep their costs down, shushi bar maaaaay not be the way to go :D
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.