Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

princesskitty18

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 22, 2012, 12:43:14 PM
so is anyone up for a late night raid of faime. What I mean is like wandering around fanime at like 3 in the morning?
i'd be down
iono if my boyfriend would be down, but if he wants to stay in the game room for a bit longer
im down to wandering :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Haunterluvcookies

I just watched the first episode of Angel Beats! I am so hooked.

I never done the whole 3 in the morning this but I want to this year. I always had a facination with 3 in the mornig or like what people were doing at places that stayed open all night like Walmart. I hae alway been facinated by that.

That is one thing I want to do most!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Imagine

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 22, 2012, 01:33:15 PM

I never done the whole 3 in the morning this but I want to this year. I always had a facination with 3 in the mornig or like what people were doing at places that stayed open all night like Walmart. I hae alway been facinated by that.

Heh, the Anime I used for my AMV (which is getting shown during the con!) is actually Angel Beats :D

As for the 3am wanderings, I did that a few years ago where I spent the entire night at the con just hopping in and out of the video rooms. Was pretty fun, though by the morning I was dead tired and falling asleep while watching Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, so I'm not sure if I'm going to do that again. We'll see though.
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Imagine on May 22, 2012, 01:39:59 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 22, 2012, 01:33:15 PM

Heh, the Anime I used for my AMV (which is getting shown during the con!) is actually Angel Beats :D

As for the 3am wanderings, I did that a few years ago where I spent the entire night at the con just hopping in and out of the video rooms. Was pretty fun, though by the morning I was dead tired and falling asleep while watching Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, so I'm not sure if I'm going to do that again. We'll see though.

I must see your awesome AMV! Yeah the three in the morning thing, I most likely won't stay up till like 6. i just want to see whats going on.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Well seems like the schedule will not be out till the day of the con. LAME-O

But any who, should we just start planing with out it and wing it? or should we make a mad dash on day 0 and just keep looking at this thread during the con for plan updates and what not.

Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

llaaannniiii

Quote from: echoshadow on May 22, 2012, 02:15:25 PM
Well seems like the schedule will not be out till the day of the con. LAME-O

But any who, should we just start planing with out it and wing it? or should we make a mad dash on day 0 and just keep looking at this thread during the con for plan updates and what not.

What! So suckiess! I have tons of things to do Friday so if its after 5 I can meet up for a bit until 7 I have a possible birthday dinner then fanime dance for like an hour at 10 or so :/

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: kane64 on May 22, 2012, 12:40:03 AM
Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on May 22, 2012, 12:34:25 AM
Quote from: kane64 on May 21, 2012, 11:16:10 PM
Here is the current update for the meet up on Thursday/Friday. If anyone knows of anyone else that said they are going, or if you would like to go as well, then let me know via quote or PM.

Quote from: kane64 on May 10, 2012, 11:13:28 AM
We should get a minimal head count for the Thursday 8pm dinner meet up as well. That way we know who we are still waiting for for the meet up.

People who are definitely going on Thursday night:
echoshadow
Haunterluvcookies
Imagine (+1)
Kane64 (+1/M +1/F)
llaaannniiii (with possible +1/M)
L0Lpants
Maskenlav (with possible +1/F)
virilevocalist

People who seemed interested to go on Thursday night:
Kaycea
Zero_Kirby
Barnes
Junon

If you plan to go as well, just say if you are going on Thursday, I will then add you to the list. :)

People who plan to meet up on Friday:
echoshadow
Haunterluvcookies
Kane64 (with possible +1/M) *Uncertain if will be making this meet up due to the speed dating event*
llaaannniiii (with possible +1/M)
Maskenlav (with possible +1/F)
virilevocalist
eveeleon
athenaookami
princesskitty18 (with possible +2/M)

Also, if you have a Facebook and would like to chat with us on FB, here is our group link.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/357110077685930/357590570971214/?notif_t=group_activity

If there's room for one more, I'm definitely up for it.
Very good. Should I pencil you in for Thursday then?

Yep, put me down for Thursday. Thanks

Haunterluvcookies

Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

persiandragon

princesskitty18

Quote from: persiandragon on May 22, 2012, 04:51:30 PM
what time/ where is meetup on friday?
without the schedule there is no way to tell
and unfortunately, if what echo said is true and the schedules dont come out until the day of...then friday's meeting is probably scratched

echo: did u mean day 0 or day 1?
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

echoshadow

I ment day 0 thats when they hand out the book with all the events and programing and hopefully the schedule.

Well for friday it seems everyone is going to be up late so why dont we go ahead and plan something for 10:30-ish?
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

kane64

Well I don't know about you all, but I was still planning to post on here, even on Thursday and Friday, to try and plan for the meet up on Friday itself, thanks to the delay of the schedule.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

MuMuMew

^^ I'm looking for some people maybe down to drink and party up the weekend. (Obviously 21 or older for drinking), I have some other friends along with me not staying in my room. So I'd like to find another lonely soul so who would want to hang out at the wee hours or go to the Rave! I'll be cosplaying as Princess Peach this year.

kane64

Quote from: MuMuMew on May 22, 2012, 07:05:44 PM
^^ I'm looking for some people maybe down to drink and party up the weekend. (Obviously 21 or older for drinking), I have some other friends along with me not staying in my room. So I'd like to find another lonely soul so who would want to hang out at the wee hours or go to the Rave! I'll be cosplaying as Princess Peach this year.
Well, a few of us, a little over 15 of us, will be meeting up on Thursday night and we might be going out for drinks after they meet up, we are not sure yet on that. You could join us and meet some new people who might like to get some drinks?
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

MuMuMew

Quote from: kane64 on May 22, 2012, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: MuMuMew on May 22, 2012, 07:05:44 PM
Well, a few of us, a little over 15 of us, will be meeting up on Thursday night and we might be going out for drinks after they meet up, we are not sure yet on that. You could join us and meet some new people who might like to get some drinks?
That'd be awesome. I joined the FB group but I have to be accepted. Where is the meetup on thursday?

Haunterluvcookies

Man the list keeps growing and growing... but there is only a few for thursday... :-\
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Locke Octavian

Haven't checked in here for a bit, but I'm interested in hanging out on Thursday and Friday (tentatively on Friday based on what the schedule looks like).  I just applied to join the facebook group also.  See you guys there and I'll check here frequently!

So excited for my first trip down to Fanime!

MuMuMew

It'd be nice to do something & Just meet peeps ;D

Lol I take it we'd be in normal clothing? XD

Maskenlav

Quote from: MuMuMew on May 22, 2012, 09:28:04 PM
It'd be nice to do something & Just meet peeps ;D

Lol I take it we'd be in normal clothing? XD

yeah since its a thursday night. Out of all of us I'm the more spunky one ;) haha just kidding to the other guys were all future friends :)
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

MuMuMew