Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

kane64

So I updated the list of people who are planning to make it to the Thursday meet up.

Here is the page with the list on it.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16999.msg439714.html#msg439714

Just less than 2 more days and we will all be meeting up. I can't wait!!
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Maskenlav

yup I'm hell of stoked/excited/horrified/jittery about meeting you guys on thursday night! Hope to see the definite people there ;D

I've just thought of something. What if some of us are still at the line around 8? How should we wait for them? Should we?
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

kane64

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 22, 2012, 11:47:43 PM
yup I'm hell of stoked/excited/horrified/jittery about meeting you guys on thursday night! Hope to see the definite people there ;D

I've just thought of something. What if some of us are still at the line around 8? How should we wait for them? Should we?
Then we wait? I know I wasn't planning to go out to any restaurant until sometime after 9pm.
-Deaf Pedestrians

MuMuMew

Quote from: kane64 on May 23, 2012, 12:10:52 AM

Then we wait? I know I wasn't planning to go out to any restaurant until sometime after 9pm.

When is everyone going to decide when and where we will be meeting up? :>

kane64

Quote from: MuMuMew on May 23, 2012, 12:12:43 AM
Quote from: kane64 on May 23, 2012, 12:10:52 AM

When is everyone going to decide when and where we will be meeting up? :>
Well, we already have a place and time set for on Thursday, the Marriott second floor at 8pm. As for Friday, we are still trying to figure that out, but probably won't have an exact set time or location set for Friday until we know what the con schedule is... :(
-Deaf Pedestrians

MuMuMew

Well, we already have a place and time set for on Thursday, the Marriott second floor at 8pm. As for Friday, we are still trying to figure that out, but probably won't have an exact set time or location set for Friday until we know what the con schedule is... :(

^^ So what is everyone going to do? XD just stand around and say hi to eachother? XD

Haunterluvcookies

so guys i just lint rolled foam... anything for cosplay... spray painting black foam with black spray paint... anything for cosplay... oh and its like 12:30 at night... anything for cosplay.. must finish the armor...

I will be in cosplay for thursday well mabye...
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: MuMuMew on May 23, 2012, 12:24:06 AM

^^ So what is everyone going to do? XD just stand around and say hi to eachother? XD
Well, we will start with introductions, then chat for a bit, find out what everyone is going to do at the con and such while we wait for the stragglers to make it to the meet up spot, then some people are probably going to go get some food, other might get some drinks.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: kane64 on May 23, 2012, 12:52:29 AM

Well, we will start with introductions, then chat for a bit, find out what everyone is going to do at the con and such while we wait for the stragglers to make it to the meet up spot, then some people are probably going to go get some food, other might get some drinks.

We could also see if any of our agenda for the weekend match up. Then we will have a buddy for that event. ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 23, 2012, 12:57:23 AM
Quote from: kane64 on May 23, 2012, 12:52:29 AM

We could also see if any of our agenda for the weekend match up. Then we will have a buddy for that event. ;D
Sounds good to me. I know one thing I am doing on Saturday, with no fail, is going to the Gaia panel. Anyone else going to that?
-Deaf Pedestrians

Ellis

derp.
Ignore me, but uh, I'll be going to the Gaia panel too. Just Saturday though.
Hi! I'm looking for photos of me. I was Ellis on Friday/Sunday and Nick on Saturday. Both from the video game Left 4 Dead 2. If you have any pictures of me, please show me! <3 I was short, fat and had muddied-up/dirty clothing.

kane64

Quote from: Ellis on May 23, 2012, 01:22:52 AM
derp.
Ignore me, but uh, I'll be going to the Gaia panel too. Just Saturday though.
Sweet, see you there.
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 23, 2012, 12:57:23 AM

Yep, and hopefully we can plan out meet times for the rest of the con, so we can actually hang out during the con.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Maskenlav

to be honest I'm not sure if friday is a good day to hang out again. sunday is perfect cause its the last official con day so not many of us will be distracted by cosplays/gatherings/events. I know I will be on friday so I'm pretty sure I'll be missing friday's hangout if we do that  :(

Haunterluvcookies

Hetalia gathering anyone? so an obssessed Hetalia fan here! ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 23, 2012, 04:15:36 AM
  Hetalia gathering anyone? so an obssessed Hetalia fan here! ;D

oh yeah haunter I can say that I'm not going to be prussia this time so I won't be packing that costume this year. But thanks for offering to let me use the wig! I really appreciate your sincerity and willingness to share  :-* lol

princesskitty18

Quote from: MuMuMew on May 22, 2012, 07:16:20 PM
That'd be awesome. I joined the FB group but I have to be accepted. Where is the meetup on thursday?
you should be accepted to the fb group now
i just accepted like 5 people this morning
sorry for the delay

Quote from: Locke Octavian on May 22, 2012, 09:11:51 PM
Haven't checked in here for a bit, but I'm interested in hanging out on Thursday and Friday (tentatively on Friday based on what the schedule looks like).  I just applied to join the facebook group also.  See you guys there and I'll check here frequently!

So excited for my first trip down to Fanime!
check fb, you should also be accepted now

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 23, 2012, 02:18:24 AM
to be honest I'm not sure if friday is a good day to hang out again. sunday is perfect cause its the last official con day so not many of us will be distracted by cosplays/gatherings/events. I know I will be on friday so I'm pretty sure I'll be missing friday's hangout if we do that  :(
that makes sense but bein able to meet up durin some of the earlier days gives ppl chances to hang out wit other ppl thruout the rest of the con
thankfully you've be able to meet a bunch of ppl on thursday but wat about the ppl that cant make it on thursday? :(
i will personally be busy on sunday cuz of the ball but im down to a hangout either friday or saturday..preferably friday after the karaoke contest :D
also...kinda to shout-out to my karaoke contest: i sing first in the contest which starts at 6pm. if you can come and cheer me on, please do
i get stage-fright XD

see ya'll in 2 days-maybe!!!
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Haunterluvcookies

Only a couple more hours... okay more like over 10 hours before i leave to the airport! I am so excited and I just can't hide it!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 23, 2012, 08:53:29 AM
Only a couple more hours... okay more like over 10 hours before i leave to the airport! I am so excited and I just can't hide it!
i wish mine was that close
i cant leave LA until 6pm-ish on thursday night :(
safe flight!
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

llaaannniiii

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 23, 2012, 08:56:26 AM
safe flight!
Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 23, 2012, 08:56:26 AM
safe flight!

Omgs! i also wish my fanimeness would start as early too! sadly my profesor just announced that we have a midterm on friday like yesterday so im gonna be cramming also after the meet up thursday! i jsut called in to get a day off from work soi i can finish all my hw and studying stuff up!

princesskitty18 are you flying or driving? gosshh darrn i cant wait till thursdaayyy.... but can only wait cause dreading exams lol