What fanart would you like to see/are working on for the AA?

Started by LiL Moon, March 05, 2012, 11:05:44 PM

LiL Moon

In my other topic, I noticed some people were starting to discuss what series they think would be popular this year in the AA so I thought it would be nice to open a topic for it. I think lots of people would like some insight on what they should prepare for.

So what do you think we'll see dominating all the pretty prints in the AA this year? I know last year Mahou Shoujo Madoka seemed to take center stage. Panty and Stocking were also popular and let's not forget Vocaloids. I think I even saw more Pokemon prints. I think those series will still have some good popularity this year. If we go in terms of cosplayers, I swear I saw the biggest herd of Adventure Time cosplayers ever! Made me have to stop to remember whether I was at an anime con still?

What else do you think the fans would like to see this year? I was thinking My Little Pony. I know it's not anime, but this fandom is growing and slowly overtaking all the anime cons. Either than the series I have listed, I'm not sure what else is popular? I think Yu-Gi-Oh seems to be making a resurgence. What do you think?

Also, have you started making stock for your table yet? I've just been planning on what to make, but I really should be getting started now.  :P

Cole

I think the Eureka Seven Sequel, coming in April, is going to create a series comeback. Fate/Zero and the Hunter X Hunter remake (as well as the Sailor Moon manga re-release) have also been well recieved. Blue Exorcist has maintained it's popularity as well and FMA had a new movie out recently if memory serves me correctly...

Sadly most of the top titles are shounen.... Not sure if Skip Beat has a maintained popularity here....

Bleach and Naruto are on a slight yet steady decline but how ever they end will cause a boost to certain fandoms as far as pairings.

Laggy

Funnily enough, I'm not really working on much, if any anime fanart. Closest thing to anime I'm doing would be Avatar: The Last Airbender, and that's not even really an Anime. Mostly doing stuff from video games, since that's more where my interest lies, and is usually what I go to conventions for. Fanime might be for anime, but the gaming community there is alive and strong. So, Portal 2 references, here I come. lol.

And yeah, I agree that doing Pony stuff would be a good way to go, considering how fast that fandom grew recently. Not really my thing, but definitely a good idea for others to do, and I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot of it this year.

LadyUni

I'm sticking with old school...
Sailor Moon and Legend of Zelda - it's what I do, s'what I like. If others do, too, awesome~
Gonna try a hand at some of my original designs as well.
~"Submit to the wonders of the universe..."~

chibimonster

I'm just drawing a little bit of everything. I think K-on is still pretty popular, as I saw some people buy K-on prints at Animation on Display recently. I'm also pretty sure that vocaloid is still really popular, so I'm going to do a few vocaloid prints. I'll have a few Naruto things just because it's familiar.

My list of things I'll definitely have:
-Vocaloid
-Naruto
-K-on
-Madoka Magica
-Hetalia
-My Little Pony

If I feel like it or if my friends bribe me with enough pocky, I'll draw some Bleach fanart as well.
I'm debating whether or not to do some fanart of Touhou. I really like the games, but I'm not sure if Touhou art will sell well.

Also, does anyone know how popular the new Black Rock Shooter Anime is? I really like it, but I haven't heard if other people even care...

princeofrose

For popularity I really think My Little Pony is going to be quite popular XD
Vocaloid of course
and the classics like Zelda and Sailor Moon.
Oh! Tiger & Bunny-I know that is popular! I am going to make some prints of it.

I already planned on what to make but I only finished one thing that is "ready to sell" per se. I made keychains-a LOT of them. I only have half of them laminated-cut out-and ready to sell.
I still need to make all my other things ;___;
I have the art of pins but I need to make 3 more and then I will be FREEEEEEE!
And then I will send my buttons off to be made since I do not have a button maker and button makers are too expensive D:
Then I have my other things to do...hopefully I can finish them all with mid terms coming up X__X;

Haunterluvcookies

I would love to see so old school anime like Saint Seiya, Wolves Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Outlaw Star. I also would love to see lots of Hetalia.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Cole

BRS and Touhou are definitely popular. just fyi. though brs can be difficult to sell if drawn in certain styles that do not appeal to the majority audience or if they look like all the other fanarts. best to do research as most people end up doing similar poses for her...

princeofrose

Bahahaaah! Yes! Saint Seiya that would be awesome!!

What does BRS stand for?

What about Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo/ and Trigun?
I don't know about popularity but I know almost everyone has seen some of those awesome anime!

Cole

BRS = Black Rock Shooter.  Sorry, I can't quote via phone; it was meant as a response to a prior post on pg1... ^^;

Classics are always good. Outlaw Star~ wish I could watch that again <3

LiL Moon

Quote from: Laggy on March 06, 2012, 09:45:00 AM
Funnily enough, I'm not really working on much, if any anime fanart. Closest thing to anime I'm doing would be Avatar: The Last Airbender, and that's not even really an Anime. Mostly doing stuff from video games, since that's more where my interest lies, and is usually what I go to conventions for. Fanime might be for anime, but the gaming community there is alive and strong. So, Portal 2 references, here I come. lol.

And yeah, I agree that doing Pony stuff would be a good way to go, considering how fast that fandom grew recently. Not really my thing, but definitely a good idea for others to do, and I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot of it this year.
Oh yes, I can't forget games. I always lump them in with animes, but games are always popular with fans. My Kingdom Hearts merchandise always does well every year. And Final Fantasy seems to be popular no matter what. I do know a few people who are Portal freaks too. XD

LiL Moon

Old school animes are always nice to see. I think Sailor Moon stuff will always be in the AA no matter what. Legend of Zelda is a good idea. I do see lots of people are into it. And Touhou and BRS too. The BRS anime seems to have mixed reviews, but I think it'll still be popular just for the sake that it is BRS. I haven't seen much, if any, stuff on Touhou Project, but there are so many characters to choose from, I think it would nice to see more art of it. Tiger and Bunny is really popular too. My friend recommended it to me. I need to try watching it. I would want to see more K-ON fanart too. Especially since they had the movie this year.

nainu

Some of the series Ill have on my table in forms of prints, charms, stickers, and ect will be:
Pokemon, My Little Pony, Digimon, Letter Bee, Kingdom Hearts, Guilty Crown, and maybe a few other series I havent decided yet.

Im not going after too much popularity of the series, just some of what my top favorites are xD  As well as some animes that people wont see too much of in the AA like  Digimon, Letter Bee and Guilty Crown.

My friends and I have already started on our stock c:   
I want to make buttons as well but unfortunately my button maker broke  :c   Anyone know of somewhere you can order cheap possibly 1.25 in buttons?? 

LiL Moon

Quote from: nainu on March 07, 2012, 12:43:57 PM
Some of the series Ill have on my table in forms of prints, charms, stickers, and ect will be:
Pokemon, My Little Pony, Digimon, Letter Bee, Kingdom Hearts, Guilty Crown, and maybe a few other series I havent decided yet.

Im not going after too much popularity of the series, just some of what my top favorites are xD  As well as some animes that people wont see too much of in the AA like  Digimon, Letter Bee and Guilty Crown.

I want to make buttons as well but unfortunately my button maker broke  :c   Anyone know of somewhere you can order cheap possibly 1.25 in buttons?? 

I love Digimon! XD I'll have to check out your table.

nainu

Quote from: LiL Moon on March 07, 2012, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: nainu on March 07, 2012, 12:43:57 PM

I love Digimon! XD I'll have to check out your table.

You should come by my table then xDD  There shall be many Digimon goodies  c:

AnimeJet

I actually have a list of stuff im working on or planning to work on here: http://shattered-earth.deviantart.com/journal/List-of-Art-to-be-Complete-for-Fanime-286820516

But i feel like the stuff i picked isn't very popular.. but it's still i really like D:

Laggy

Quote from: AnimeJet on March 10, 2012, 07:55:12 AM
I actually have a list of stuff im working on or planning to work on here: http://shattered-earth.deviantart.com/journal/List-of-Art-to-be-Complete-for-Fanime-286820516

But i feel like the stuff i picked isn't very popular.. but it's still i really like D:

I think the stuff you've chosen will sell just fine. MLP has pretty much exploded in the last year, so I'm guessing it'll sell like crazy. Legend of Zelda, 90's anime, Vocaloid, lots of stuff on there will be great for Fanime.

octorok

Quote from: Laggy on March 06, 2012, 09:45:00 AM
Closest thing to anime I'm doing would be Avatar: The Last Airbender, and that's not even really an Anime.

I'm rewatching that whole series right now! Hope to see your stuff at Fanime :3

Personally, I'll be doing Zelda and Minecraft for sure. Not sure if anybody will be interested the Minecraft stuff, but my Minecraft art is most popular on dA so it just makes sense to me 9___6
I might do BBC Sherlock prints, too.

Laggy

Quote from: octorok on March 13, 2012, 10:54:51 PM
I'm rewatching that whole series right now! Hope to see your stuff at Fanime :3

Personally, I'll be doing Zelda and Minecraft for sure. Not sure if anybody will be interested the Minecraft stuff, but my Minecraft art is most popular on dA so it just makes sense to me 9___6
I might do BBC Sherlock prints, too.

Minecraft will definitely sell well. It's gotten pretty damn popular, especially among the nerd crowd (including Anime geeks). I'll be doing some Minecraft stuff too.  Most of my stuff seems to be from games like Portal, Fallout, Bioshock, and the like though.

Yuutousei

I'm hoping to see a lot more Tiger & Bunny stuff :D

The last few cons I've been to had quite a lot of MLP stuff (bluh) and Madoka is still going strong. I'd say Fate/Zero will probably get a lot of stuff too.  Metal Gear might get some since previews of Revengence have been circulating.

I'm hoping for Sherlock-related arts, but that is doubtful "/
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!