Having Friends Pick Up Pre-Reg?

Started by Yuutousei, March 09, 2012, 08:33:28 PM

Yuutousei

So, I pre-reg'd before my friends did and found out I probably won't be able to go pick them up on Friday with them. Is it possible for them to pick up my badge when they get theirs?
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

kookiekween99

From the Registration FAQ:

QuoteQ: Who can pick up the collective group's badges? What does the leader need to pick up the badges?
A: Only the group leader can pick up the badges. No one else may pick up the group's badges- this is to prevent theft. The leader must have a valid government issued photo ID during pick-up- otherwise, no one can pick up their badges. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE BADGES TO THE GROUP MEMBERS. Any lost badges will result in a re-print fee.

Q: What do I need to pick up my badge if I purchased my membership online?
A: Please bring a valid government issued photo ID like: a passport, driver's license, or state issued photo ID card, along with your electronic postcard that will be attached to your registration account sooner to FanimeCon. School IDs, Driver's/Learner's Permit, and Birth Certificates do not count.

Q: Why does my information need to match my ID?
A: This is so we can verify that the person on the badge is actually you. Otherwise, without confirmation, we cannot give you your badge.

In short, you must be physically present to receive your badge if you are an individual registering or badges if you are the group leader. Staff can't release your badge to anyone but you.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Yuutousei

That's what I thought, but I just wanted to get clarification since I wasn't part of the "group".

Thank you :D
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!