Ninja Warriors or something similar

Started by twilghtsora123, March 11, 2012, 11:09:45 PM

twilghtsora123

I just finished watching the latest Ninja Warriors and wondered if Fanime should do something like this.

If you don't know, Ninja Warriors or "Sasuke" is like a sports competition in Japan where 100 competitors would try to complete four stage obstacle courses. In America, there's a similar show called "American Ninja Warriors" except it's just the preliminaries to get on Ninja Warriors in Japan. These shows are on the G4 Channel if anybody has this channel.

Since this year's Fanime theme is sports, I thought they should do something like this. Anyone agree or have any suggestions? :-\

Kpmonkeygirl

That sounds really cool! If they have it, I want in!
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Admiral Donuts

I agree, because the more sports-related events for the sports themed year, the better...

lycan510

As much as I'd love to see it, the odds of it happening are very slim.... Insurance would cost a small fortune.
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

Yuutousei

Like lycan510, the idea is really awesome but Sasuke has a whole slew of paperwork and insurance bs to deal with (I've read through some of the forms and it just boggles my mind, although that's partly because they're in Japanese and have kanji I've never seen before).

Perhaps we could do something similar but not as intensive? Like, we're playing a Reaper's Game for the TWEWY meetup, and while physical (well, it can be. When we played it back in 2010, we bounded up forty flights of stairs to save time), does not have the same dangers Sasuke does.
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

Super No 1

Me and a few friends actually go running during Fanime.  On one morning last year we ran around the San Jose St. campus twice.
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)

Avairrianna

Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Ska_Kitti

Yeah, this is a total no. Sorry guys and gals. The liability alone would be too much. Since we can't handle people running through the concourse, we won't even be able to touch the whole realm of people handling obstacles while jumping.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay