Bookmarks: how do?

Started by octorok, March 13, 2012, 10:56:41 PM

octorok

How do you guys usually make bookmarks? Do you print them separately, or print a bunch and cut them out, or what? Laminated? Cardstock?!??!
I feel like I have a lot of info on how to make prints, but none on how to make bookmarks :S

Yuutousei

I don't sell, but based on the bookmarks I buy, it's very popular for the bookmarks to be laminated. I'm assuming you would print a sheet, cut out, then laminate, but that's just my guess.
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

octorok

Thanks, I think I'll do that :3

Nina Star 9

I would also assume that you would print out a sheet and then cut them apart, then laminate them. You would save on paper that way, since you can print out a bunch at once instead of one at a time.

I tend to prefer bookmarks that are of a heavier paper or a cardstock -and- laminated. These tend to hold up the best and keep your page the best, since the thicker paper is a bit easier to find in a book.

Another bookmark idea that would probably be more expensive and time-consuming to make but would be totally doable is a bookmark made of lamianted cardstock that folds in half and has a flat magnet on the inside ends, so when it is placed around the top of a page, the magnets hold together and keep it in place. I have a few like these from art museums, and it would certainly be a unique style of bookmark that is quite effective (though you'd probably have to sell them for a few dollars more a pop, fans may think it is worth it -- I know I do!)

princeofrose

For bookmarks I am just going to print mine on heavy cardstock then get bookmark slips with tassels and slip em in there :P