FanimeCon 2012 eGaming Official Thread =Revision 3.0=

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), March 17, 2012, 01:23:20 AM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

FANIMECON'S EGAMING

EVENT SCHEDULE LINE-UP

Click on game (if link is applicable) for the event rules.

ALL 3 DAYS

Time
Game
System
Format
12:00 PM | Call of Duty: Black Ops | XBox360 | Zombies CONTEST

FRIDAY

Time
Game
System
Format
12:00 PM | BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Ver. | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
12:00 PM | Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
_1:00 PM | Super Smash Bros. Melee | Gamecube | 1 Vs. 1
_3:00 PM | Catherine | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
_4:00 PM | Pokemon | Nintendo DS | 1 Vs. 1 Singles (Part 1)
_5:00 PM | King of Fighters XIII | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
_8:00 PM | Dance Central 2 | XBox360 | 1 Vs. 1

SATURDAY

Time
Game
System
Format
12:00 PM | Super Mario Bros 1 | NES | Speed Run
12:00 PM | Skullgirls | PS3 | 1 Vs. 1
_1:00 PM | Super Smash Bros. Brawl | Wii | 1 Vs. 1
_2:00 PM | Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012 | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
_3:00 PM | Gamer Royale | Various | Various
_4:00 PM | Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (Japan) | Playstation 2 | Perfect Attack on Metal Pads
_5:00 PM | Pokemon | Nintendo DS | 1 Vs. 1 Singles (Part 2)
_6:00 PM | Street Fighter X Tekken | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
_9:00 PM | Dance Dance Revolution (Series) | Various | Open Freestyle Performance Exhibition

SUNDAY

Time
Game
System
Format
_1:00 PM | Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
_2:00 PM | Just Dance (Series) | Wii | Freestyle Contest
_3:00 PM | Soul Calibur V | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
_4:00 PM | Bomberland Land (Wii Edition) | Wii | 4P Free-For-All; 1 Vs. 1 Finals
_5:00 PM | Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo | ??? | 1 Vs. 1
_6:00 PM | Pokemon | Nintendo DS | 2 Vs. 2 Singles

NOTES

General:

• There will be an info desk that will display eGaming's information, whether it's tournament rules, general rules and guidelines, or other questions about gaming.
  • Bring Your Own Controller Policy: It is highly suggested that you bring your own controller for tournaments.  For Free Play use, we will allow it to a certain extent.
  • Bringing your own consoles or PCs/Laptops or to set up and play at eGaming grounds is prohibited!
  • [PC Gaming: Digital Storm is providing high-end PCs for FanimeCon!
  • Do NOT take equipment that does NOT belong to you!  While FanimeCon supports the fans, we oppose theft.
  • Please treat the equipment with professional respect.
  • If people are waiting to play, please show respect others to play the game too.  The potential exception is if we have a versus-based game available (excluding music games), in which winner can stay and loser gives away his/her spot.
  • You may customize some game options.  However, it isn't recommended.
  • Customizing console settings is strictly prohibited.
  • Attaching non-controller devices like storage devices is strictly prohibited.
  • To respect the arcade's services provided for FanimeCon, we will not provide free gaming for specific games unless it's used for tournaments only (example: Super Street Fighter IV).  See the list of arcades for more details (click here).
  • Arcade Gaming is NOT the same thing as eGaming!!!  Arcade Gaming will have their own help desk booth!!
  • Follow con etiquette!  Yes, this includes showering, brushing your teeth, washing your hands after certain events, and so forth.
  • FOOD, DRINKS, OR ANY LIQUIDS IN BOTTLES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED NEAR EGAMING!!!  We are VERY STRICT on this policy.
  • Announcements will be highly updated on Twitter during con!  Please KEEP UP-TO-DATE OR ELSE YOU'LL MISS OUT!!
  • For more information on the rules, please click on the tournament links above.
  • For all tournaments, the latest patch will be updated.  The ONLY exception is Street Fighter X Tekken due to a critical; game-breaking bug on the latest patch, which won't be fixed until June.
  • A custom made Skullgirls joystick will be given to the winner of the Skullgirls Tournament!
  • EightArc will be giving a Joystick to a winner of a tournament (to be determined later)
  • Tournaments will be recorded and photographed.  Pictures and videos will be posted on FanimeCon's eGaming page.
  • If staff requests equipment to be returned for tournament, pleaae do so!  The same equipment can also be provided for tournament use.
  • Equipment that is loaned from staff (especialy fightsticks) MUST remain in the tournament area to be used at all times whenever possible!  Please DO NOT hog the equipment for personal gain!  If you want to use the best equipment bring your own controllers!
  • Tournament interference is PROHIBITED!

Entry Cap information:

• 128 Entrants for most tournaments in single-elimination.
  • 32 Entrants, if double-elimination exists.
  • Specific tournaments or contests DJ Hero are undefined.  Such tournaments have special rulings.  See specific event for details.

Tournament Registration Policies (IMPORTANT!!):

• All tournaments marked with a ??? are TBA.  Stay tuned for more details.
  • Tournament registration for ALL tournaments start on Friday @ 10 AM at the eGaming station.
  • Tournament sign-ups can only be shown the day of that tournament.  For example, you cannot sign up for a Sunday tournament on a Friday or Sunday.
  • All game tournaments are first-come first serve.  Please register early.  We will not be doing pre-registrations!
  • In case specific tournament slots are filled, there will be a reserve list.  While we cannot guarantee a spot, please show up still!
  • Check in begins 1 hour before the tournament and ends 15 minutes before the tournament starts.  You MUST be present at those times, EVEN if you are on the possible waiting list!!  If your name is called and you don't show up, expect to be axed out of the tournament; others on the waiting list WILL replace you.  In other words, if ya snooze, ya lose.
  • Stay in line!  There will be multiple registration staffers to assist you.  You can sign up for more than one tournament.  If you are that hardcore, you can sign up for all the tournaments if you wish, but think carefully.
  • You can only go the line station only once.  Once you register for your tournaments, that's it.  No more going back in line, so think carefully.
  • Don't be a bonehead and simply sign up for every tournament you feel interested in signing up for just to secure a spot and then later NOT show up.  We know who you are, so don't even dare pull that!!!
  • During the tournament, do NOT leave!!!  If it's an emergency such as a potty break or participating in another tournament, LET THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER AND STAFFER KNOW.  If you show up late, expect a forfeit.
  • Cutting in line is prohibited.  If you are caught cutting in line, you will be sent to the back of the line.
  • Once you leave the line for any reason, you can't go back to your spot.
  • Signing up other people in tournaments is prohibited.  Singles tournaments are no exceptions at all.  However, team tournaments may be an exception to "signing up other people" rule.  I suspect that everyone in the team show up.  Otherwise, good luck competing against the opposing team.

Specific Games:

• To compete in any handheld event or tournament, you must have your own legit game.  Some games may use only 1 game, but please do not rely on that at all.  Bootlegged ROMs will not be accepted.

If you have any questions, feel free to post.  If it's tournament-related, feel free to post on the appropriate threads or this one or PM the tournament organizers (usually the poster of the rules).  If it's private, please PM Jonas (head), Diego (co-head), or Cameron or JT (Seconds / Shift Leads) and we'll see what we can do.  If it is something that you want to discuss with us between you and staff, email [email protected] at any time.  Thanks.

OTHER LINKS

Official eGaming Twitter:

Official FanimeCon's eGaming Page on Facebook:

UPDATES

• 5/13: We are no loner accepting Laptops and PCs to bring for the con.
  • 5/13: PC Gaming: Digital Storm is providing high-end PCs for FanimeCon!
  • 5/13: Skullgirls Tournament added!  In addition, a custom made Skullgirls joystick will be given to the winner!
  • 5/13: EightArc will be giving a Joystick to a winner of a tournament (to be determined later)
  • 5/13: Due to no internet, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has been removed from the list.  =(
  • 5/13: Tournaments will be recorded and photographed.  Pictures and videos will be posted on FanimeCon's eGaming page.
  • 5/13: If staff requests equipment to be returned for tournament, pleaae do so!  The same equipment can also be provided for tournament use.
  • 5/13: Equipment that is loaned from staff (especialy fightsticks) MUST remain in the tournament area to be used at all times whenever possible!  Please DO NOT hog the equipment for personal gain!  If you want to use the best equipment bring your own controllers!
  • 5/13: Tournament interference is PROHIBITED!
  • 5/13: Dance Dance Revolution gets a 4:00 PM Time Slot on Saturday.
  • 5/13: Just Dance (Series) moved earlier to 2:00 PM Sunday.
  • 5/15: Added information of tournament equipment.
  • 5/15: Added Bomberland Land (Wii) on Sunday at 4:00 PM.
  • All tournaments will be updated.  The ONLY exception is Street Fighter X Tekken due to a critical; game-breaking bug on the latest patch, which won't be fixed by then.

There will be a couple of changes in the schedule soon.  Please check the thread frequently.  Thanks.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Sijy

I would really like a naruto ultimate ninja tourny. I was somewhat disappointed there was not one last year

M

FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Digitalhikari

As an edit to the list:

BlazBlue will be: Continuum Shift Extend Ver.

k76wn

Heeeeeeyyyyyyyy Jonas! I FINALLY got the rule set for the Dance Central 2 tourney!  :D

-1 v 1
-3 songs
   -Each participant picks 1 song.
   -Third song is drawn from a hat.
       -If song was already chosen, then draw again.
-and of course, winner moves on to the next round.
" 'You HATE people!' -Dante
'...But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?' -Randal'"

Aoiro

FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

OniCourseMusha

Catherine Tournament

PS3
-Vs mode (Reach for the top first or make your opponent fall)
-Single elimination Bracket (winners moves to the next round)
-Each participants picks 1 stage
-Banned stage: Empireo
-Best out 2 out of 3 matches
-Final round is first 5 victories match.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

raltga

no naruto ultimate ninja storm generations tourney at an anime con is  ???

i think there is significant interest in having a tournament for this game.

tele

Quote from: raltga on April 07, 2012, 01:44:24 PM
no naruto ultimate ninja storm generations tourney at an anime con is  ???

i think there is significant interest in having a tournament for this game.

"Yes" to a Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations tourney~ (an ANIME fighting game at an ANIME convention please!)

magz

This game would be awesome to have in the console gaming room (Gundam vs. Gundam EXVS).

Look, even Sakuracon is streaming it: http://www.twitch.tv/sakuracon2012

clawmaster

Would love to see the game tournaments on stream. i be going to fanime but yea would pretty sick.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

clawmaster

any word that skullgirls might be added to the list?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Another quick reminder:

We are in full gear of reading every response possible of what you guys want.  This includes Naruto, Gundam Vs. Gundam, and the longly awaited Skullgirls.

Version 2.0 List should be released soon.  Stay tuned! ^_^
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Phosphatide

Regarding the Dance Central 2 tournament, I have three questions.

First, what songs are we able to choose for rounds? Basically, are DC1 and DLC songs part of the available choices? I don't care too much if DC1 songs are in it or not, but since I don't have any DLC songs (nor plan to get them) I just want to confirm what the selection for the tournament is.

Second, are the rounds just normal co-op dances or will they be in Dance Battle mode? Either is fine, but I've found some great hype in Dance Battle that would be nice to see for the tournament.

Third, will freestyle mode be turned off? By doing so, songs will have the full set of dance moves they intended to have instead of removing some just for the cheesy freestyle photo session. Of course, there is still some novelty value in that, but nonetheless I shall inquire.

microgamer2vs2

Soul Calibur V - Score Attack? What does that mean?
(X'______') wideface the blog

k76wn

Quote from: Phosphatide on April 15, 2012, 06:25:26 AM
Regarding the Dance Central 2 tournament, I have three questions.

First, what songs are we able to choose for rounds? Basically, are DC1 and DLC songs part of the available choices? I don't care too much if DC1 songs are in it or not, but since I don't have any DLC songs (nor plan to get them) I just want to confirm what the selection for the tournament is.

Second, are the rounds just normal co-op dances or will they be in Dance Battle mode? Either is fine, but I've found some great hype in Dance Battle that would be nice to see for the tournament.

Third, will freestyle mode be turned off? By doing so, songs will have the full set of dance moves they intended to have instead of removing some just for the cheesy freestyle photo session. Of course, there is still some novelty value in that, but nonetheless I shall inquire.

As far as song choices go, there wil not be any dlc tracks nor will there be DC1 tracks. The tourney will be in Dance Battle mode. Freestyle will be off.
" 'You HATE people!' -Dante
'...But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?' -Randal'"

Phosphatide

Quote from: k76wn on April 24, 2012, 01:39:52 AM
As far as song choices go, there wil not be any dlc tracks nor will there be DC1 tracks. The tourney will be in Dance Battle mode. Freestyle will be off.
awesome

Time to practice for inevitable GREATNESS.

clawmaster

is it possible to get SFxT to be 2 vs 2? haha i mean i don't mind it be 1 vs 1 but just for laughs 2 vs 2 would be pretty funny xP

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Oh my, I see E-Gaming has evolved quite a bit! Well well...I guess a veteran chose wisely to return =)
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

jolliBEAST

Quote from: clawmaster on May 03, 2012, 01:53:00 AM
is it possible to get SFxT to be 2 vs 2? haha i mean i don't mind it be 1 vs 1 but just for laughs 2 vs 2 would be pretty funny xP

Why not do both 1v1 and 2v2? xP

I'll be there for SFxT. We should really get someone to stream the fighting games and maybe even start a buy-in for prize incentives? Just throwing that out there.