FanimeCon 2012 eGaming Official Thread =Revision 3.0=

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), March 17, 2012, 01:23:20 AM

microgamer2vs2

I see that Soul Calibur V got updated as far as that weird 'score attack' thing goes. Now I can ask my real question. Are there any bans on Custom characters / Devil Jin moveset? I know some tourneys ban them because of buggy hitboxes and custom parts that can obscure and mask animations. I just wanna know if I finally have to get around to learning anti-DJ.
(X'______') wideface the blog

royjovero

Are FightSticks going to be provided?

Nevermind. Found out.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Revision 2.0 has been updated!  Please check for updates done today (5/13).  Thanks! ;D

P.S. That Score Attack was a post typo.  Disregard that.  #oops.   ;D

NOTE: This is NOT the final list!  Revision 3.0 will be the final list, which should be up next Monday!
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Radical edward

Quote from: microgamer2vs2 on May 07, 2012, 11:04:12 PM
I see that Soul Calibur V got updated as far as that weird 'score attack' thing goes. Now I can ask my real question. Are there any bans on Custom characters / Devil Jin moveset? I know some tourneys ban them because of buggy hitboxes and custom parts that can obscure and mask animations. I just wanna know if I finally have to get around to learning anti-DJ.

All special characters are banned, this includes customs and any non-standard moveset. (Sorry for the late reply.)

Badge-art done by my lovely friend para
I'm not always this stressed I swear... What's sleep?

Tao

...So there won't be ANYTHING for the 360?
Man... guess that makes my FightStick and my Phoenix Wright training useless then...
Anybody wanna share? :c

jolliBEAST

Oh nooo, I just noticed something..

If I only wanted to play SFxT (6PM Saturday), I would still have to register at 10AM on Friday?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: jolliBEAST on May 13, 2012, 09:50:42 PM
Oh nooo, I just noticed something..

If I only wanted to play SFxT (6PM Saturday), I would still have to register at 10AM on Friday?

Register on Saturday between 10AM - 5PM (or until slots are full). ^_^

ayesonnai

Will Pokemon Tournaments be organized better this year? The past few yours it's been really confusing about rules and location. Hopefully we won't be shooed away in the corner again on the floor =_=' *crosses fingers*

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: ayesonnai on May 13, 2012, 10:34:50 PM
Will Pokemon Tournaments be organized better this year? The past few yours it's been really confusing about rules and location. Hopefully we won't be shooed away in the corner again on the floor =_=' *crosses fingers*

It should be.  Rulesets should be up soon.

Also, there will be a designated table(s) for handhelds this year.  This includes the 3DS Street Pass and the Pokemon tournaments.  =)

Rossome

"Tournament sign-ups can only be shown the day of that tournament.  For example, you cannot sign up for a Sunday tournament on a Friday or Sunday."

Er...typo? 

And it also says that tournament sign-ups for "ALL tournaments" start on Friday at 10AM.  I'm kind of confused.  :s

Soooo, lemme get this straight.... 

If I want to participate in a Friday event, I have to show up on Friday at 10AM and I can only sign up for events held on Friday.

If I want to participate in a Saturday event, I have to show up on Saturday at 10AM and can only sign up for events held on Saturday.  I will also be unable to sign up for Saturday events on Friday. 

Did I get it right? o.o
:o

marfalamu

Is there a minimum age for participating? I want to participate in the tournament for Dance Central 2 and I'm 13.

microgamer2vs2

Quote from: Radical edward on May 13, 2012, 07:46:28 PM
All special characters are banned, this includes customs and any non-standard moveset. (Sorry for the late reply.)
This I like. Thanks for the reply.
(X'______') wideface the blog

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: marfalamu on May 14, 2012, 05:41:33 PM
Is there a minimum age for participating? I want to participate in the tournament for Dance Central 2 and I'm 13.

There is no age limit to any of the tournaments.  So, you can enter the Dance Central 2 tournament.  =)

However, for the games that focus to the older audience like Catherine, parental/guardian guidance is suggested.

Xepherian

I guess me hosting Bomberman Land on the Wii was considered a joke for a little while. :( But here's the rules to back it up.

It's intended to go in the 4PM slot on Sunday.

Tournament Rules:
32 Player Cap
FFA 4-Player until Finals (2)

Game Mode:
Normal

Battle Mode (Map):
Random

Stage Size:
Large

Wins Required:

Time:
3 Min FFA / 5 (Finals)

Sudden Death:
On

Position:
Random

Revenge:
Off

Skull:
Off

KoruKinshi

Frankly I'm very disappointed that nothing fighting related is being offered on the 360, especially with the bring your own controller rule.  I provide sticks for my tournament and allow people the option to choose from out sticks or provide their own.  I recommend that sticks be offered for competitors who want to enter but do not have a PS3 stick nor have a dual mod stick.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: KoruKinshi on May 15, 2012, 06:50:21 PM
Frankly I'm very disappointed that nothing fighting related is being offered on the 360, especially with the bring your own controller rule.  I provide sticks for my tournament and allow people the option to choose from out sticks or provide their own.  I recommend that sticks be offered for competitors who want to enter but do not have a PS3 stick nor have a dual mod stick.

A quick note: We do have some PS3 TE /Sanwa-Modded SE Fightsticks ready for use in the tournaments.  We are very aware about this issue.  We also allow others to bring sticks; surpringly enough, some of these competitors will lend you sticks.   ;D

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Oops.  Double-Posted

Information: UPDATED information for Revision 2.2.   ;D

amaya_JDB

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on March 30, 2012, 02:48:18 PM
Catherine Tournament

PS3
-Vs mode
-Single elimination
-Each participants picks 1 stage
-Banned stage: Empireo
-Best out 2 out of 3 matches
-Final round is first 5 victories match.

How does one get eliminated from it? Is it a speed run or based on points?
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

amaya_JDB

And also what are the rules for Melee/Brawl? Any character banned?
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

marfalamu

Will all of the characters/outfits be unlocked for DC2?