Clockwork Alchemy! Same registration!

Started by Hachimitsu-ink, April 01, 2012, 01:51:57 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hachimitsu-ink

Okay i used the search engine and apparrently I got no topics about this mysterious event!
but then it could be an april fools joke -_-! crap!

IM a big steam punk fan and last years was an amazing theme even thought there wasn't much steam punk themes

now I was curious if there was an actual steampunk fair and found this

http://www.clockworkalchemy.com

but when I click on registration.. it lead me BAck to fanimecon.. so now my question is this::
even though I already pre-registereted can we "HOP (didn't mean to add a pun / participate" in both events using the same badge?

Be advise this is the first time KNOWING about this event...
(unless this is another april fools joke -_-! i swear to god this seems uncalled for!)

Gigantor

It is a legit event. It's been in the works for a while now as far as I can tell. I'm not sure about the registration process.

I think there was a promo code you had to add to your Fanime registration in the promo code box that they had. Don't know if that is how they're doing it or not.

I think the general idea behind it was that Fanime registration gets you access to the event. I'm a little hazy on the details if any of the moderators could elaborate?

kookiekween99

The way it was explained to me is that Fanime is like Disneyland and Clockwork Alchemy is like California Adventure and the one Fanime badge is the hopper pass that gets you into both cons.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

M

Quote from: kookiekween99 on April 01, 2012, 09:07:34 PMThe way it was explained to me is that Fanime is like Disneyland and Clockwork Alchemy is like California Adventure and the one Fanime badge is the hopper pass that gets you into both cons.
This.

We actually announced it back on Jan 6th.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

kungfooey

Quote from: Gigantor on April 01, 2012, 05:22:18 PM

I think there was a promo code you had to add to your Fanime registration in the promo code box that they had. Don't know if that is how they're doing it or not.


I'm not a moderator but I do know a bit more. The promo code is CA2012 the code allows you to pick up your badge at the Double Tree on thursday, it also means that your main reason for going to Fanime Is because of Clockwork Alchemy (Or at least that's how it was explained to me, please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't have much more information than that. If you have anymore questions I suggest asking the Steam Federation on their face page. http://www.facebook.com/groups/steamfederation/

ewu

Quote from: kungfooey on April 02, 2012, 06:13:38 AM
The promo code is CA2012 the code allows you to pick up your badge at the Double Tree on thursday, it also means that your main reason for going to Fanime Is because of Clockwork Alchemy (Or at least that's how it was explained to me, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Please note you are only eligible to use the promo code if you registered ON or BEFORE 3/31 11:59pm. so any new registrations from this point on must be picked up at the SJ Convention Center and NOT the Double Tree.
http://www.clockworkalchemy.com/registration.html#
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Arkham

Quote from: kungfooey on April 02, 2012, 06:13:38 AM

I'm not a moderator but I do know a bit more. The promo code is CA2012 the code allows you to pick up your badge at the Double Tree on thursday, it also means that your main reason for going to Fanime Is because of Clockwork Alchemy (Or at least that's how it was explained to me, please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't have much more information than that. If you have anymore questions I suggest asking the Steam Federation on their face page. http://www.facebook.com/groups/steamfederation/


The Clockwork Alchemy group would be a better place to direct questions.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Clockworkalchemy/
--Arkham : The Blackened Hatter

black7hearts

So I still understand one part to the Steampunk convention and Fanime. Is the early registration badge the only way to see both conventions? Or can we just go for one day at fanime and that one day good for both conventions as well? Or is the one day pass like Disneyland's one day, one park pass, if that makes sense?

M

Quote from: black7hearts on April 11, 2012, 10:27:52 PMSo I still understand one part to the Steampunk convention and Fanime. Is the early registration badge the only way to see both conventions? Or can we just go for one day at fanime and that one day good for both conventions as well? Or is the one day pass like Disneyland's one day, one park pass, if that makes sense?
If we're comparing it in Disneyland style terms... We aren't selling any single park passes - all of our passes are "park hopper" passes, regardless of if it's a single day or full weekend.

(Fun fact: I confused myself for a second while typing up this post!)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Arkham

Quote from: MPLe on April 11, 2012, 11:25:54 PM

If we're comparing it in Disneyland style terms... We aren't selling any single park passes - all of our passes are "park hopper" passes, regardless of if it's a single day or full weekend.

(Fun fact: I confused myself for a second while typing up this post!)

If we're using Disneyland style terms, I prefer to think of Clockwork Alchemy and FanimeCon as like when ToonTown was added to Disneyland. Still one membership, but with new content.
--Arkham : The Blackened Hatter

black7hearts

Ok thank you very much for your time in replying back. LoL thanks for the fun fact! :D