Cosplay Repair Station

Started by Snow Caps, April 08, 2012, 10:29:13 PM

Snow Caps

I just read at Sakuracon, that they had a cosplay repair area to help people who had a malfunction with their cosplay or was damage on the way there. Have a cosplay damage during a Con is just depressing and having it fix can be the difference maker for someone from having a good time, to a great time. So this year, will Fanime also have a cosplay repair area as well.
I eat kim chi, and I know a lot about Men and Women. CHOU HENSHIN

Somebody

I could be off about this, but last year I believe Fanime started a cosplayers hangout down at the Hilton which was for the purpose of cosplayers resting, hanging out in general, and some costume repair supplies. Might want to look into that if they're still having it!
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

M

Quote from: Somebody on April 08, 2012, 11:38:22 PMI could be off about this, but last year I believe Fanime started a cosplayers hangout down at the Hilton which was for the purpose of cosplayers resting, hanging out in general, and some costume repair supplies. Might want to look into that if they're still having it!
We are repeating this. =)

I don't think we will have a cosplay repair station/room though, although we have heard the requests. I won't speak for any department, but I'm sure that once the logistics are figured out, you'll see it appear one year at FanimeCon. ;)

(Note: There are always a million great ideas that our staff and members come up with... Figuring out how to make it all work logistically with all of the other great programming is tough!)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!