What exactly is the badge/membership for?

Started by yggdrasilsys, April 11, 2012, 12:45:45 PM

yggdrasilsys

I've been to fanime for 3 years now and at all times I always see people without any badges or membership inside the dealers hall/theater/art panel/game room. I also heard my friend say that membership isn't even required at all unless I'm attending the ball/masquerade and stuff like that. Is this true? I'm not sure because i never really attended the ball and stuff.
When I enter the rooms, there's not even anyone to check if you have membership.

Kyra_Maverick

Badges are required for dealers hall, artist alley, music feat, masquerade, black and white ball, gaming hall, certian panels and swap meet for sure. I think I'm missing a few others as well.

If you see people in these areas without a badge they might have put it away of just snuck in.

LinLinLucy

Yea I haven't been to Fanime since 2007, why can't I just buy a badge to go into the dealer room?

M

Quote from: yggdrasilsys on April 11, 2012, 12:45:45 PMI've been to fanime for 3 years now and at all times I always see people without any badges or membership inside the dealers hall/theater/art panel/game room. I also heard my friend say that membership isn't even required at all unless I'm attending the ball/masquerade and stuff like that. Is this true? I'm not sure because i never really attended the ball and stuff.
When I enter the rooms, there's not even anyone to check if you have membership.
A lot of people don't actually like wearing their badge and will purposely put it away after walking through 'badge check' areas. There's really a bunch of random rooms and events where we do badge check, but walking around on the concourse or hanging around in the area do not require it (I have friends that will show up to hang out in these "public" areas).

Quote from: LinLinLucy on May 07, 2012, 09:52:44 PMYea I haven't been to Fanime since 2007, why can't I just buy a badge to go into the dealer room?
You can. It just comes with a bunch of other options for you to enjoy Fanime. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

LinLinLucy

No I mean I just want to go in the dealer room, I don't care about anything else. Fanime is just an excuse for under-aged people to do stupid crap at weekend.

SweetNiar

You can always buy a day badge.  Or even if you get the full weekend badge, youre not forced to participate in all the events.  If all you want to do is go to the dealer room, that is alright

M

Quote from: LinLinLucy on May 08, 2012, 09:07:48 PMNo I mean I just want to go in the dealer room, I don't care about anything else. Fanime is just an excuse for under-aged people to do stupid crap at weekend.
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I disagree as we put together FanimeCon for everyone to come and have fun and not "for under-aged people to do stupid crap at weekend." The answer still remains the same - there is no "Dealers Only" membership/pass, but you can purchase a single day membership. ;)

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: LinLinLucy on May 08, 2012, 09:07:48 PM
No I mean I just want to go in the dealer room, I don't care about anything else. Fanime is just an excuse for under-aged people to do stupid crap at weekend.

Yes I feel this way too this is why I stick to the contemporary art discussion panels and the stock market investment workshop they hold in the dealers hall.

M

I'm going to play it safe and lock this thread before it can go any further.