Studying Abroad in Japan: Looking for Panelists (留学生たち、聞こえる?)

Started by YawningGlory, April 12, 2012, 12:04:16 PM

YawningGlory

Hey,

As you can probably tell, I am also running a less serious panel, but this one definitely has more of an educational theme to it. I just got my timeslot for my panel on Studying Abroad in Japan greenlit, so I'm now looking to see if there are any additional ex-study abroad students. The requirements are pretty simple:

- Studied at a Japanese University within the last 10 years (the panel is about -recent- study abroad experiences, and it is a different ballpark now than in the late 90s/early 2000s.

- Studied at the school for at least 3 months (any less time than that, and you wouldn't have done much in the way of acclimating).

- Be comfortable speaking in front of large crowds (self-explanatory).

- Can sit a Panel on Sunday at 3pm-4pm at Panels 3 (once again, self-explanatory).

...and that's pretty much it. Not sure how many of these are out there on the forums, but shoot me a PM or post in this thread if you'd be interested in passing on your valuable experience to the next generation of ryuugakusei and would-be ryuugakusei...well, at least the ones that are willing to show up at three o'clock on a Sunday morning. I'll get pictures together, but if I do pull you onto the dais, I'd be more than happy to take some of your pictures as well.

NOPE.