Dakimakura/Body Pillows

Started by raspberryblue, April 17, 2012, 10:07:36 PM

raspberryblue

I want to get one. How much do they cost generally?
Are there any of male characters? The ones I usually see are of nearly naked girls and I'm not looking for those.

BunofGovt

I've seen them for around $40, and saw some male characters at a con last year (Black Butler - Sebastian; and Bleach - Ichigo and Grimmjaw).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Most are around 40$, but from experience the Dakis that are pillows themselves are not the best quality around and can be a bit itchy with skin contact.
What you want are Daki Pillow Cases. They are usually made out of a more comfortable material and much easier to wash.
Alas, such pillow cases are quite rare compared to the pillow ones, and tend to cost more from what I have seen.

Most are going to be Females. Last year I was surprised to see some male characters, but they are still not very common and have little variety.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Admiral Donuts

I saw some (female) ones at a collectors store in Japantown, San Francisco, if you're going to include that as part of your con trip I'd check it out.

raspberryblue

Thanks everyone! I'll be on the watch for some when I get there!

DJ_Reverb

I know its late to say this but the ones I helped sell for Toys Logic were about 30.

JackMackerel

Late too, but I think it depended on size and quality.

I want a Duke Nukem bodypillow...