The Zelda Timeline Debate [Sunday - 8-10pm]

Started by MikeTSA, April 24, 2012, 02:18:49 PM

MikeTSA

Sunday, May 27th, 2012
8pm-10pm, Panels II

Nintendo finally revealed the official timeline for The Legend of Zelda, but that doesn't mean the debate has ended. Come learn just how the games' actually connect, and be prepared to discuss and argue over the finer points of the series' chronology.

Basically, the plan is to begin the panel with an overview video that explains the evolution of the timeline with each new release, and then it will shift over into revealing what the official timeline is and how the games actually connect. After that, we'll go over a few points of contention, and then turn it over to the audience to raise their issues or express their thoughts on the timeline. I am going to also try to bring almost all of my Zelda materials for reference (manuals, guides, boxes, other documentation) in case we need to fact check something since there won't be interwebs in the panel room.

Also, the plan is to give out some "prizes" to some of the best participants. One of these will be a copy of the Hyrule Historia - the Japanese Zelda encyclopedia that revealed the timeline and contains a ton of other cool info and artwork.

Amanojaku

Sounds like a great idea for a panel.  I'm typically a hardliner for "if Nintendo says so, thats how it is" but it will be interesting to see if their official timeline has left some holes or created more questions.  Looking forward to this! :)
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

MikeTSA

There are still a few mysteries that weren't totally addressed (or at least aren't translated yet). Hard at work trying to make this video portion happen, but in case that falls through, there is a back-up plan for the presentation part of the panel.

Edit: Video is not gonna happen, but there will still be videos present to help with the presentation. Also, one of the other prizes being given away are the new set of six figures of Link and Zelda from Ocarina of Time, Phantom Hourglass, and Skyward Sword: