Plastic Sleeves for Prints?

Started by octorok, April 26, 2012, 01:10:52 PM

octorok

I'm preparing for a con THIS WEEKEND AAAUUUAH. I only learned about it recently, so I didn't have time to order any sleeves online or anything. Also, the 11x17s turned out WAY bigger than I thought they would @____@ I checked my local Office Depot, but they only had plastic sleeves in tiny sizes.

QUESTIONS:
How do you guys usually package 11x17 prints for your customers?
Where can I get that kind of packaging QUICK (i.e. not from the Internet)

Thanks, guys!

BunofGovt

You might try an art supply store like Blick.  (I looked at the Blick site and they have some 11x17 size picture protectors/sleeves for $3.10 each if you buy 25+.  Other places might have them cheaper)
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

princeofrose

I always go to clearbags.com
It is very cheap and I got my things fast in like 2 days :O

Laggy

Clearbags.com looks awesome, thanks for linking that.

And, I feel like a lot of people would just want to roll up an 11x17 in order to save room, though this is my first Artist Alley, so I am only guessing. Anyone else have experience with how many people actually want bags for their prints? Trying to figure out how many of these I should be getting.

AnimeJet

When I did tiny Anime Destiny (1 day con at UC Berkeley) only like 2 people wanted sleeves, i had some of those binder hole punched ones XD

This time i ordered 100 flat no top bags off ebay, it was about $7-8 for 8x12 or 9x14. If you have a bunch of friends doing cons i think papermart.com is better cause they sell them for much cheaper but you have to get like 400-1000 at once. Much cheaper than clearbags.com, sorry my options are internet only ^_^;

As for 11x17 i'm really just planning to roll them. You can get bags of rubber bands for $1 at dollar stores, and if you want to be super pro you can get a $5 pad of 12" or 14" newsprint from blicks or utrecht (any art store) and layer them in that to protect them :)

octorok

Ahh.. do people really prefer to roll the 11x17s? >: I actually ended up getting a fat stack of paper 11x17 sleeves for free (super lucky), so I'd rather not go out and buy rubber bands.

I will, if that's what people prefer, though )x

lilindar

My Desperation Bag of choice is to just request extra paper bags from Office Max (or Staples or Office Depot) when I'm there printing or buying other supplies. They usually give me extra bags when asked or will sell them for cheap.

But when it is not a time of desperation, I order clear sleeves here: http://stores.ebay.com/uniquepacking?_rdc=1
They've always been fast to ship.
I don't think these bags are archival, but of course, the definition of "archival" is lasting more than 70 years or something.
I have some of these bags that are more than 3 years old, and they're still fine, so whatever.