Amnesia/Penumbra - 2014 Frictional Games Gathering!

Started by Vasyenka, April 28, 2012, 03:59:36 PM

Vasyenka

Quote—————FRICTIONAL GAMES RETURNS TO FANIME 2014—————

THANKS TO LAST YEAR'S  STUPENDOUS SUCCESS, WE'RE RETURNING AGAIN FOR ANOTHER YEAR OF BRINGING FRICTIONAL COSPLAYS TO FANIME. JOIN US AT FANIME 2014 FOR ANOTHER COSPLAY GATHERING TO CELEBRATE ALL FRICTIONAL GAMES

PENUMBRA (OVERTURE, BLACK PLAGUE, REQUIEM)
    AMNESIA (THE DARK DESCENT, JUSTINE, MACHINE FOR PIGS)

WOW, guys, FANIME is fast approaching and we need to get ourselves organized! This will be the Tumblr master post to plan, inform, and list all those who are planning to join the Frictional Games Gathering at Fanime 2014. (this is also totally copy pasted and revised from last year's post so WHOOOO)

ALSO: We're going to make this more than a gathering! We're going to make this into a TEA PARTY PICNIC (JUST LIKE LAST YEAR), YES. The plan is to meet up, mix and greet, take photos, and then have a pot luck picnic! We all know how hard it is to find food or time for food at Fanime, so it would be great if we can all work together to bring together a feast for our friends!

Hey there, everyone! The Amnesiacs are back - and given our AMAZING success with last year's gathering/picnic, we're readying ourselves for this year's Fanime gathering/picnic, celebrating all things Frictional Games! And yes, there will be monsters~ ;y
Here, have some pics from 2012's gathering: (2013's photos to be up soon!)
There were quite a few monsters (and Stephano)!
Picnic group picture
Monsters vs. Protagonists
Everyone kick the can!
Amnesiacs enjoying the picnic~
Suddenly, a group of Daniels!

We are also planning a potluck picnic, with snacks, drinks, Milkyways, and a few games! ^^ I'll be updating this thread with more info on that~ <3 (There's more info on that currently in the Tumblr thread, which I'll be adding here once things are sorted!)

Day: Saturday, May 24th
Time: 1:30pm

Those marked in green are attendees from Tumblr! To have yourself placed on this list, just post here or PM me~ ^^

Penumbra:
(C'mon, we need Penumbra cosplayers! <3)

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Zera - Daniel

Amnesia: Justine
Vasyenka - Justine

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Lusterstotle - Oswald Mandus

LOL PEOPLE WHO LOVE AMNESIA BUT AREN'T COSPLAYING AMNESIA
Agrippa
Swan

*Pending!

QuoteWe're going to make this more than a gathering! We're going to make this into a TEA PARTY PICNIC, YES. The plan is to meet up, mix and greet, take photos, and then have a pot luck picnic! We all know how hard it is to find food or time for food at Fanime, so it would be great if we can all work together to bring together a feast for our friends!

Cosplayer Event: Amnesia/Penumbra picnic
Day & Time: Saturday, May 24th @ 2pm
MP & L: MP: G8C and L: G10 - Snake Statue
Who may join the event? Any fan of Amnesia and Penumbra! Although it's not a necessity, we'd appreciate contributions to the potluck party picnic as well~ ^^

QuoteSo this is what we've come up with for Amnesia/Penumbra FRICTIONAL GAMES THEMED FOOD but feel free to suggest items! If you think you can bring any of these items, send me an ask and claim it!

Please let me know in this thread or by PM if you would like to attend, as well as the items you'll be bringing if you choose~!

QuoteMilkyways -
    Donettes -
    Orb cake - Vasyenka & Lusterstotle
    Apples - Swan
    Bread Rolls -
    Plates - Agrippa
    Utensils - Agrippa
    Plastic Wine Glasses -
    Pink Lemonade - Zera
    Pepperonis - Agrippa
    Beef jerky: -
    Red Vines: - Agrippa

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Vasyenka

omg I hope I got down all the info! Once we sort out the schedules/locations for sure, then I'll submit this as a request for the official gatherings~ ^^

Etherelle

AWESOME DUDE It looks sweet!! Let's hope that we get some more Frictional Fans!! <3 Perhaps we should let them know on the Frictional Forums if they're interested? I'm not sure. What do you think?

Vasyenka

Oh, that's a great idea! We could link to here/Tumblr as well~ 8D

I'm on it! <3

Vasyenka

Updated with our tea party picnic info! This should be the last location update, ha ha~ <3

dovekiie

Hey! I replied to this on tumblr but didn't see my name listed here so I'm popping in to say I'm going. I'm dovekiie [pa-chi-chi-chi on dA], and I'll be going to this event as Daniel, and I'm bringing bags of milky ways. Also, My girlfriend is coming with me as a human version of the Shadow if she can get it ready in time. [speaking of which, she asked me to mention she's open to suggestions on how she should go about cosplaying him/it, I know this isnt the place for that but if anyone has a suggestion for how you'd like to see it done, you can message me.]

Vasyenka

Oh, kick ass! I'll add you onto the list, ha ha~ <33 Yaay we have Milkyways!

As for suggestions for the Shadow, oh man. Perhaps lots of red? Like, a red wig, red clothing, etc. That's all I could really think of, but I'll pass the word around~ ^^

Etherelle

Oh, I have you listed on the tumblr list, Dovekiie! WELCOME ABOARD. And I'm so glad to see that you and your girlfriend are cosplaying!

As for the Shadow, perhaps cover yourself in red and dark mauve yarn? Like, just layers and layers of ripped up cloth like a wraith? Something so that when you crouch about you can look like a skulking mass of the Shadow. O UO

Moosley

HI I'M MOOSLEY! I'm currently painting my mask and going as a Dapper Grunt, mustache included. Boyfriend, Santo, is possibly going as a Brute, but we aren't sure :D

Etherelle

WEOIHTOWIEHT MOOOOOOO Q UQ I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU ARE COMING AAAAH DAPPER GRUNT. I am so excited SO EXCITED I am flipping all the tables. Holy shit.
MAKE YOUR BOYFRIEND COME AS BRUTE MAN, MAKE HIM. WE NEED A BRUTE. <333

Vasyenka

Quote from: Moosley on May 20, 2012, 01:09:52 PM
HI I'M MOOSLEY! I'm currently painting my mask and going as a Dapper Grunt, mustache included. Boyfriend, Santo, is possibly going as a Brute, but we aren't sure :D
omg YES! You should totally dress your boyfriend as a Brute!

Man, we need pictures of all the awesome monsters we're getting, rofl! <3

dovekiie

Quote from: Moosley on May 20, 2012, 01:09:52 PM

Moos' is actually a friend of mine! And yes, we probably got her guy to be a brute as well. Also, we have another friend who may tag along as our dear professor Herbert! [also with a friend who maaaay come as Alexander if time allows it]

Vasyenka

AHAHAHA NO WAY! Ohhh my god you guys would be like, my favorite people ever if you bring a Herbert!

Oh my god I'm leaving to San Jose in the morning (going a day early <3) - soooo excited! <333

Etherelle

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAH
AHHHHHHHHAPOIDHEGFOIHWE
tWOEIHTOWPIEHT
weOIWHTOIHW
twOIEHTOIWEHTOIHWe
weOTIHWEOITHOWIHET
wetOWIEHTOIWHETOIHWe
twEOITHWOIEHTOIWEHT
weTOIWHETOIWHEOTIHWETHw
etWEOHTOWIEHTOIWEHTOIWEHOTWe
tweotHWOEIHTWOEIHTOIWHETOIWHOTIHWEGFNWLRDNHGPIWHJRYOGTIWHREOIHGYOTWIHTOIEHOIWHEOTIH

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE
PLEEEEEASE

I WOULD LOVE YOU GUYS FOREVER IF YOU BRING ALEXANDER AND HERBERT
DEAR GOD
/DEAR GOD/

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

ALSO: HOW IS IT THAT WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER? THIS IS CRAY CRAY. I KNOW MOOSELY FROM DA AND OTHER CONS. WHAT THE HELL EVEN WOIREHTOWEIHTOWEIHT

FRIENDSHIP ALL OVER THE PLACE I CAN'T HANDLE THIS OAIHAPOEIHT TOO MANY FEELS
sOIRHOGTLIWHEpighjmk,w;l.'

dovekiie

My Herbert said he'd "stop by for a cup of tea", but Alexander is still a maybe. [however she'd be going as young!alexander since the only wig she currently has access too is light blond orz;;]

I was wondering, how many of the Daniels are going to be beaten up looking? Because my cosplay is well, clean, but I was considering making a beaten up version as well. If you guys have a preference as to which I wear to the gathering, let me know!

I bought the milky ways today, got my lantern and tinderboxes ready; this, gents, will be a splendid affair!

Vasyenka

Yeeeeees HERBERT! Clarice and I are at our hotel now (we arrived earlier than usual to go gof around and whatnot), and we ordered the cake today! Also, would any of you guys want my cell number? Just PM me! I know it'd be easier that way, lmao~

Etherelle

i am sobbing with joy for this herbert oh my god and for this alexander good god i am so excited oh my god please PLEASE

OH That would probably be stupid easy. We should exchange phone #. I also bought some cups and I'm bringing apple juice!! WHOOOOO

OH I have no idea, actually. I am going to be clean, I'm not sure about the other Daniels. And I'm going to be bringing flappie sooooooooo
I would say go with dirty Daniel! <3

AND SWEEET I have my lantern and milky ways and glowstick? ready!

Etherelle

if you guys need to find me check out T196 in the artist alley!

Etherelle

LET'S DO THIS. 2013, LET'S GO.

Let's see if we can make this a bigger gathering this year!

Vasyenka