Katekyo Hitman Reborn! 2013 Gathering!

Started by Alexie828, April 30, 2012, 11:05:03 PM

Alexie828

Updated: 4/17/13 We now have a time and location!! See you at FanimeCon 2013!

WELCOME TO THE KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN! 2013 GATHERING FORUM THREAD!

Hey guys! Alexie here again! Hope you all had a splendid summer, holidays, and happy new year! I'm back to plan the 2013 KHR gathering and I'm looking for cosplayers! Please post on this thread if you are interested in showing up in cosplay! Last year's was a relative success for my first time, so I hope to top it this year!

Improvements for this year:
-I found running a gathering of about 50 people with just my screaming voice was not very pleasant. Megaphone neccessity duly noted.
-Someone requested that I directed placement and organization of group photos better, so I will do so next year. Stage directions, if you will!
-....Make sure cosplay department doesn't send my cosplayers to the Hilton side when my gathering was on the Mariott side. Then make me scream at the top of my lungs to call people over to the Mariott.

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Day: Saturday
Time: 2 pm
MP: G8b/c
L: This is the little area OUTSIDE in the corner where the MARIOTT connects with the convention center with the large windows looking inside. Here's the map! Please don't get lost! http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html

Attendees: About 50 last year
Participants confirmed so far for this year: 8

::Vongola Famiglia::

Guardians:
+ Tsuna: TYL!Alexie828
+ Gokudera:
+ Yamamoto:
+ Hibari: KicksYourButt 
+ Mukuro: TYL!mfong371, TYL!Krye's friend, Kavi
+ Ryohei:
+ Chrome: Kokuyo!Krye
+ Lambo/Adult Lambo:

Ninth/CEDEF/others:
+ Nono:
+ Iemitsu:
+ Basil:
+ Dino:
+ Kyoko:
+ Haru:
+ Bianchi:
+ Fuuta:
+ I-pin:
+ Lavina:   

Vongola Primo:

+ Giotto:
+ G:
+ Alaude:
+ Daemon Spade:
+ Knuckle:
+ Ugetsu Asari:
+ Lampo:

::Arcobaleno::

+ Reborn:
+ Colonello:
+ Lal Mirch:
+ Verde:
+ Skull:
+ Mammon/Viper:
+ Fon: vietboy
+ Yuni:

::Kokuyo::

+ Mukuro:
+ Kakimoto Chikusa:
+ Joshima Ken:
+ M.M.:

::Varia::

+ Xanxus: xsoifonx
+ Squalo:
+ Lussaria:
+ Belphogar: 
+ Fran: 
+ Levi:

::Millefoire::

+ Byakuran:
+ Yuni:
+ Irie:
+ Spanner:
+ Genshiki:
+ Gamma:

::Shimon::

+ Enma:
+ Adelheid:
+ Julie:
+ Koyo:
+ Rauji:
+ Kaoru:
+ Shitt.P:

::Photography Order::

Group shot with everyone
Vongola and relatives (includes Mukuro, Ninth generation, the Cavallones, and Primo generation)
Arcobaleno
Kokuyo Gang (Fran included)
Varia (Fran included)
Millefiore (Includes Spanner, Shoichi and the Giglio Nero, regardless of their allegiance)
Shimon
Everyone else (Vindice, Longchamp and the Tomaso family, any other miscellaneous characters who do not apply to the above categories)
Any specific group requests(Funny pictures go here! I hope someone brings handcuffs again!)

COME WITH YOUR DYING WILL! WE SHALL SEE YOU AT FANIME 2013!

Thanks to everyone who came to the 2012 gathering! More people showed up than I expected (about 50!) but it seemed to go pretty smoothly. We had one hell of a time taking some of our pictures, especially the funnier of them. If anyone has feedback about it for improvement, let me know! This was my first year, and I honestly just imitated what I've seen other gatherings do, so it was rather messy! Here are the photos from the 2012 gathering:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v207/hamgirl828/KHR%20Gathering%20FanimeCon%202012/

BSaphire

Don't forget that Sunday is Shonen Jump @ 3pm FCC HS:P
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

JiiiWiz

Oh gosh, I should have looked at this thread earlier! But I'm glad that someone is taking over. The other person who volunteered hasn't really replied to the other thread. But is it possible to make it at 1:30 pm instead on Saturday? :) That would be nice.
"Please don't.."

persiandragon

My first time to fanime. Will these gathering locations be easy to find?

lovelessneko

Take me off the list please. I can't do Saturday since I'm going to be Stocking the whole day plus I'm doing the PSG gathering that day.
Fanime 2012 Cosplay!!
Princess Bubblegum
Angel Stocking
FEM!Hibari or Bianchi
Fran (maybe...)

Alexie828

Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on May 05, 2012, 04:18:38 PM
Oh gosh, I should have looked at this thread earlier! But I'm glad that someone is taking over. The other person who volunteered hasn't really replied to the other thread. But is it possible to make it at 1:30 pm instead on Saturday? :) That would be nice.

No problem! Thanks for replying! And yeah, I'm trying to change it a little bit now. Trying for a 1:30 pm outside location! ^^

Quote from: persiandragon on May 05, 2012, 10:08:44 PM
My first time to fanime. Will these gathering locations be easy to find?

Relatively so! I'm trying to get an outside location now, right in front of the convention center. When I get our meeting place confirmed, I'll post a detailed description of where to go! It will be easy to find, I promise! :) Just show up on time. <3

Quote from: lovelessneko on May 06, 2012, 02:51:40 AM
Take me off the list please. I can't do Saturday since I'm going to be Stocking the whole day plus I'm doing the PSG gathering that day.

I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know! Have fun and good luck with your gathering! If you can make it, there's the Shonen Jump gathering, 3 pm, on Sunday. KHR cosplayers are welcome to that. ^^

BSaphire

Saturday @ 1:30 ~ FMS Your LISTED! :P
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Alexie828

Thanks a million, B! Guys, the time has been finalized. We have a 60+ area, so let anyone you see in KHR cosplay know about the gathering! Let's have a great gathering guys!

Cosplay with your Dying Will!

Featheredsakura

Hey,
I don't know if you are still adding people to the list, but I should be able to make it. I'm going as chrome tyl white dress version. So excited!! :D

Alexie828

It's never too late to be added to the list! I'm expecting more people to show up at the con anyways. ^^ I look forward to seeing you! I love white dress Chrome. <3

vietboy

I will be bringing along my friend who will be Mammon/Viper. I'm already on the list as Fon, so now we're going to have another Arcobaleno added.
They are not Fallen Angels, they are Fabled..

JiiiWiz

Any photos guys? :) Me and Lunar didn't go in our Gokudera and Lavina outfit, but we were the Tsuna and Enma that came late. XD..
"Please don't.."

Solequincy

It was fun meeting eveyone at the gathering and hopefully next year, just curious but how many people who attended are local or from the bay area

oni kaji

Good gathering everyone. Does any one know who this chrome is? s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd311/persiandragon/?action=view&current=CIMG6778.jpg . I wanna get a cosplay group together and thought her costume was good along with her owl

Have you seen this person. I met her at fanime
name: jenny
I lost her contact information T_T
I'm looking for her.
please pm if you know her.

Alexie828

Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on May 30, 2012, 09:16:28 PM
Any photos guys? :) Me and Lunar didn't go in our Gokudera and Lavina outfit, but we were the Tsuna and Enma that came late. XD..

Oh that was you guys? :D I was wondering where the awesome Tsuna and Enma who came were. tsunafish and I were all lonely, but we were glad to have another Enma and Tsuna with us! Thanks for showing up! :D I'll post up a link to photos when my friend sends it to me. She's got a download link to a ton that she took apparently. I can't wait to see them. *o*
Also, I can see why you wanted to go the Final Fantasy gathering. I heard there was a whole wedding?

Quote from: Solequincy on May 31, 2012, 09:13:43 PM
It was fun meeting eveyone at the gathering and hopefully next year, just curious but how many people who attended are local or from the bay area

I'm from the Bay Area actually, haha. I'm near San Francisco actually. I had a lot of fun as well, and I will definitely make this gathering better next year!

I'm planning to run the gathering again next year, but perhaps later in the day this time. Lunch time was rush-hour in the Artist Alley, so I didn't like doing it so much at that time. Or maybe I should do it earlier in the day, when no one is really in the Artist Alley. I'll see. I'll definitely improve from this time, as it was a very last minute effort to run a gathering, so all things considered, I thought it well pretty well. I loved meeting everyone, so thanks to everyone who came!

Next time, I'll have a megaphone. T_T 

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Alexie828 on June 01, 2012, 04:01:02 PM

Oh that was you guys? :D I was wondering where the awesome Tsuna and Enma who came were. tsunafish and I were all lonely, but we were glad to have another Enma and Tsuna with us! Thanks for showing up! :D I'll post up a link to photos when my friend sends it to me. She's got a download link to a ton that she took apparently. I can't wait to see them. *o*
Also, I can see why you wanted to go the Final Fantasy gathering. I heard there was a whole wedding?

Yep, it was us! ^^ The gathering seemed really good, even though we came kinda...late. xD But no problem! Hoping more KHR cosplayers show up next year though! And yay! Photos!~ Post here when you guys upload them. :D But yeah, we were at the Final Fantasy Gathering. No one knew that there was a wedding actually...and me and Lunar didn't really want to go there, because it was taking too much time and yeah, the wedding thing lasted a while, thus...we were late. We would have gladly skipped the Final Fantasy Gathering if we knew that they were doing a whole wedding routine..D; But for sure, we'll be at the gathering on time next year!
"Please don't.."

Alexie828

Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on June 01, 2012, 07:15:32 PM
Quote from: Alexie828 on June 01, 2012, 04:01:02 PM

Yep, it was us! ^^ The gathering seemed really good, even though we came kinda...late. xD But no problem! Hoping more KHR cosplayers show up next year though! And yay! Photos!~ Post here when you guys upload them. :D But yeah, we were at the Final Fantasy Gathering. No one knew that there was a wedding actually...and me and Lunar didn't really want to go there, because it was taking too much time and yeah, the wedding thing lasted a while, thus...we were late. We would have gladly skipped the Final Fantasy Gathering if we knew that they were doing a whole wedding routine..D; But for sure, we'll be at the gathering on time next year!

Uploaded the photos! Here's the link: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v207/hamgirl828/KHR%20Gathering%20FanimeCon%202012/
They're not the best of quality, but it was nice of my friend to take so many nonetheless. C:
Man, that wedding seemed huge. I can't believe they actually did that. xD Hope to see you guys at the KHR Gathering then! :D

vietboy

...I got handcuffed twice...By my own representative!
They are not Fallen Angels, they are Fabled..

JiiiWiz

Quote from: vietboy on June 06, 2012, 11:55:04 PM
...I got handcuffed twice...By my own representative!

Kinky...isn't it, Tony. :)....xD
"Please don't.."