Win an XBOX by entering the Extremely Hard Anime Quiz

Started by Rurutie8, May 04, 2012, 06:24:49 PM

Rurutie8

This is a fifty-question, multiple-choice, open-book, open-notes, open-everything quiz that will test more than your simple knowledge of anime. You get three weeks to do it. You can consult the internet, museums, libraries or anybody to help you. You can watch the anime clip if you have not seen it and you can look up the answers if you do not know it.

This quiz is available now on the Fanime-Con web site under Programming. Please carefully read and follow the rules.  The quiz will be due at Fanime-Con on Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm, and prizes will be awarded in a panel on the following day. If you have further questions, there will be a panel at noon on Friday, May 25, 2012 to answer them.

You can ask your parents and teachers for help. The questions are a great way to show them that anime is educational. The prizes are great; at Sakura-Con, the grand prize winner took home an XBOX 360. This year's prize will be something similar.

Cloud

Are there multiple prizes, or only one grand prize for one winner?

Rurutie8

Quote from: Cloud on May 06, 2012, 07:18:41 PM
Are there multiple prizes, or only one grand prize for one winner?
Although the XBOX is the grand prize, there will be multiple prizes.  Second place will get a $100.00 gift card and third place will get a $50.00 gift card.  I have not yet decided on the store but it will probably be Fry's.

Rurutie8
2012 Probable cosplays:
24th: Mr. Prospector from Martian Successor Nadesico
25th: Ishikari Sensei from Yumeria
26th: Ichiro Mihara from Angelic Layer
27th: Souichi Tomoe from Sailor Moon
28th: Seta Noriyasu from Love HIna

Rurutie8

Here is where to turn in the quiz.

Quizzes must be turned in on Sunday, May 27th between 3pm and 4pm. Quiz turn in will be located in a small nook on the lower concourse, across from Registration and past Cosplay Gatherings.

Rurutie8

Yuutousei

Oh awesome, quiz turn in is before my panels xD

This is Yuutousei, who you met last year at Stage Zero!  I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete the quiz (I have a paper and a PSET due both this week and last week so I haven't had time to do more than gloss over the questions) but hopefully I can make a legitimate attempt at the questions.
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

otakuya

I thought I was done with finals after college. That quiz is hard and I can only find half of the answers, and half of those are logical guesses.

Rurutie8

I thank everyone who participated in any capacity in The Extremely Hard Take Home Anime Quiz.  Four people turned in the quiz.  The high score was thirty-eight percent correct.  The average score was about thirty-two percent correct.  For some reason, the people who turned in the first and second place scores did not show up at the awards panel on Monday.  I had to award the XBOX 360 with Kinect and the one hundred dollar gift card to Fry's to respectively the third and fourth place participants.

Even if you did not participate, what do you think?  Should I do this again next year?

Tsu

I think you should. I imagine it would get a lot more entries in future years. It's a bummer that those who got the top scores didn't get rewarded.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019