Mahjong?

Started by Akita, May 08, 2012, 05:53:40 PM

Akita

at this moment, no idea....
I'll be there in the gaming room at night though, playing weiss schwarz or Blazblue (probably watching)

udonoodle

Maybe I should bring my set?  (It's just a normal one...)

When you make a yaku with a wind...for it to count does it have to be the wind you are...or the round wind of the table?

Akita

well, I am bringing my Saki tiles...  although I haven't actually opened them yet (lol)

Wind tiles are, weird.  I am starting to get to understand them, and basically this is what I got:

1) Ton (East) Tiles are one modifier
2) Your position tiles are one modifer (meaning if you are in the East position, and you pon a Ton, that is two modifiers that score towards point.  You CAN also screw up, however, and not be able to call Ron too, so call out sparingly)
3) Yaku Pai (Haku> Hatsu> Chu) are also one modifier
4) Collecting any other wind does not matter, other than to count towards "Toi-toi" or "Sanan" or if you are lucky "Suan"

udonoodle

Oh yes I know. But I was just wondering if it would be easier if I brought a set as well!

I guess that is all my questions. I still don't understand all of riichi...but I'll learn :)

I hope this actually works out!

Kimani

Also I'll be there with my friend and we both play! If you see a Gendo/Hoenheim or Hijikata(from Gintama)/Hoenheim running around, give us a shout. I'll have my set in my car, probably, with a Junk Mat~

Akita

oooo, this...might be interesting meet...
hope it does work...

udonoodle

I've decided not to bring my set~
But i've decided this is the easiest way:
Can I pm you my cell# and you guys/gals can just send me a text when a game is up and running? :)

ININ

I'm going to be at Tabletop after 10pm on day 2 and day 3 because of Fanime main events.  I may show up earlier on day 1.  It depends on other Fanime activities I choose to participate and cosplaying with friends.

I think the best way is to check Tabletop whenever you're around.  I know my friends and I are most likely going to play during the night because of their schedules.  I look forward to meeting new players :)

Akita

I SAW PEOPLE PLAYING!  AND TOTALLY WAS NOT ABLE TO PLAY!!!  DAMN~

Akita

anyone reading this, I had a fun time playing (although only one game...  GAH!  Want to play more...)
hopefully next time I can actually bring my set and really play...

udonoodle

same lol

i watched forever :(

ININ

@Akita and @udonnoodle, I'm sorry we didn't meet.  My schedule didn't go according to plan.  My friends told me there were games in the afternoon.  Day 1 was a no go because of reg and a really slow start for me.  I was at Tabletop on day 2 after 10pm.  I was at Tabletop on day 3 just after midnight.

Are you interested in playing and live in the South Bay?  PM me if your interested.

Quote from: Kimani on May 17, 2012, 10:05:21 PM
Also I'll be there with my friend and we both play! If you see a Gendo/Hoenheim or Hijikata(from Gintama)/Hoenheim running around, give us a shout. I'll have my set in my car, probably, with a Junk Mat~

I think I saw you on day 3 evening.  You were playing with a guy wearing a black wig.  I know him.  He's really good.

udonoodle

ININ i saw you XD (i think...?)

i was loitering around for a while...was it Saturday night?
(Asian, short, with a (short asian) girl friend)

Akita

Quote from: ININ on May 30, 2012, 06:30:17 PM
@Akita and @udonnoodle, I'm sorry we didn't meet.  My schedule didn't go according to plan.  My friends told me there were games in the afternoon.  Day 1 was a no go because of reg and a really slow start for me.  I was at Tabletop on day 2 after 10pm.  I was at Tabletop on day 3 just after midnight.

Are you interested in playing and live in the South Bay?  PM me if your interested.

Quote from: Kimani on May 17, 2012, 10:05:21 PM

I think I saw you on day 3 evening.  You were playing with a guy wearing a black wig.  I know him.  He's really good.

I think I saw you?  Did you play Day 2 and Day 3 at night?  Yea, He was definitely good.  Sorta missed my chance to over take him a couple of times...  We gotta do a better meet, lol

ININ

Yes, I played Day 2 and Day 3 night.  If you saw a dark grayish card table and either Hitsugaya or Allen Walker cosplayer, that was me.

TurtleSayuri

:D Mahjong sounds like fun! aha but from what I can tell, I play a slightly different version xD;; I'm up for joining though for a game.