BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

palladion_

I heard about the 1000 paper cranes story from my art teacher last year so I decided to try it. I got to about 650 or so before I stopped haha I think this sounds like a really cool idea and I would love to contribute a crane  :)
Fanime 2016 lineup:
Fuuka-Persona 3
Max-Life is Strange
Hoenn Pokemon breeder

BunofGovt

B -

Did you want to set up a table somewhere, or maybe at the gatherings info table that's usually between the two staircases, with a supply of origami paper so people/cosplayers could get a sheet and make a crane right there?  I can donate several packs of the origami paper in various sizes (either solid colors or a very light pattern that anything written on could be read) towards this.

Wait, will the table be up on Friday?

(I and my family did 1000 cranes when I was going thru chemo and radiation therapy back in '88)
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on May 08, 2012, 08:31:03 PM
B -

Did you want to set up a table somewhere, or maybe at the gatherings info table that's usually between the two staircases, with a supply of origami paper so people/cosplayers could get a sheet and make a crane right there?  I can donate several packs of the origami paper in various sizes (either solid colors or a very light pattern that anything written on could be read) towards this.

(I and my family did 1000 cranes when I was going thru chemo and radiation therapy back in '88)
Awesome! Yes the table will be up on Friday. I am glad that people are interested in this. I'm going to be checking out the locations this weekend and making sure everything is a go and I am going to take some pictures too. Thank you :)

Super Squidge
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

LakuriSyaoran~

I would love to participate~
I lost one of my best friends ( from across the world) in November, and I haven't really had the chance to do anything solid for him, this would be a perfect thing to do <3

Haunterluvcookies

I would love to particiapte, though I am not any good at making cranes. but this sounds so amazing and bueatiful.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Charis

This sounds like a lovely idea, B -- please keep us posted!  Not sure if I'll be able to make a Friday eve timeslot, but if there's somewhere to drop off cranes I'll certainly bring mine by regardless.  (And if you need paper donations or help in some fashion with this, let me know?  I think I still have a few packs lying around and I'd love to help.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

BunofGovt

Quote from: BSaphire on May 09, 2012, 10:17:42 AM
Quote from: BunofGovt on May 08, 2012, 08:31:03 PM
B -

Awesome! Yes the table will be up on Friday. I am glad that people are interested in this. I'm going to be checking out the locations this weekend and making sure everything is a go and I am going to take some pictures too. Thank you :)

Super Squidge
B

I've got enough packs of the (almost) 6x6 inch origami paper for at least 1000 cranes.  Plus I have enough of 3x3 inch size for about 900 smaller size cranes.  I'll be at my hotel Thursday afternoon (will be at swap meet that evening) so let me know where/when I can drop these off to you.  I can get some heavy duty sewing thread and needles for you if you need them for attaching the cranes together.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Aoiro

This is a splendid idea. I'm all for it! If there's a booth made I'll gladly stop by and make some! C:
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

BSaphire

Thank you everyone for helping with this. I really appreciate the support.
I will be onsite Thursday evening (after all I have the old school cosplay gathering @ 6 pm :P ) So you can leave it with me & my staff. Or at ConOps

I am going to have the donated origami paper at Gatherings Table & at CH1 MRH . If someone wants to participate in the ceremony then they bring their crane, if they want to contribute cranes they can drop them off at either location or come to the ceremony.

I wish I had someone to do a Origami Q & D for the Hangout on Friday that peeps could come to.. that would be cool too. Hummm...

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Charis

Quote from: BSaphire on May 10, 2012, 08:11:59 AM
I wish I had someone to do a Origami Q & D for the Hangout on Friday that peeps could come to.. that would be cool too. Hummm...

I'd be more than willing to spend some time Friday there to show people, if you'd like, whether as a formal Q&D or something more informal.  Anytime before 5pm works for me.  (I don't admittedly remember much but cranes off the top of my head these days, but cranes seem to be the focus for this. XD )

If you've got space at the Cosplayer Gatherings table, that's more centrally located -- it'd be neat to put someone there with a stack of paper in case people passing by want to make a crane then and there.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Vasyenka

I love this idea! 2011-2012 has probably been the most difficult year of my life - absolutely no exaggerations in that, either. This really couldn't have come at a better time~ <3
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

TifaIA

You can count me in on donating a few strings of cranes. The 1k story always touches me.

This is a wonderful idea BSaphire~ And when I drop mine off I'll be happy to show a few people how to make them. I make cranes all the time at work when I'm bored. lol

Swizzlstik Cosplay

You can count on me. ;) I'll be seeing you on Thursday and I can donate a spool of string that was given to me by my grandmother-in-law shortly after I got married last year. A gift - and a blessing that I want to keep giving.
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

BSaphire

Quote from: *Sesshie's* Nina on May 12, 2012, 09:52:27 PM
You can count on me. ;) I'll be seeing you on Thursday and I can donate a spool of string that was given to me by my grandmother-in-law shortly after I got married last year. A gift - and a blessing that I want to keep giving.
Thank You!

So I picked up some Origami Paper too and I will show peeps how to make paper cranes when I can.

@ TifaIA: Thank you! Could you show peeps @ a Q & D in the Hangout on Friday too? If you and Charis each do one then more people could learn and more cranes :)

@ Cospeeps: What evening and what times would work for all of you. This has become such a special thing that I am more than willing to make the time on any day (more than one if necessary) to do this. I personally have had a very life changing year filled with loss, but I have the most wonderful group of friends and family that have been helping me step by step. This is not a unique story and as some of you have posted ... it is a very special thing for all of you too. Let's make this happen for all of us!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

palladion_

Any day but thursday works for me   :) I'm excited for this  :D
Fanime 2016 lineup:
Fuuka-Persona 3
Max-Life is Strange
Hoenn Pokemon breeder

BSaphire

Quote from: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy on May 13, 2012, 11:39:42 AM
Any day but thursday works for me   :) I'm excited for this  :D
My plan is Friday evening sometime for the ceremony, but peeps can make cranes all weekend or as long as we have paper :)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

So day and time is set: Friday 7:30 pm @ FCC HS.

You don't have to be in cosplay to attend.
Much love
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Kite

Will more help be needed to show how to fold a crane? If so I'd like to help.